PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Is this scary or what ... fins winning the division :scared:

Look at Fins remaining schedule and see if you can see
more than 2 losses.:scared:
Assume Fins beat the JETs and Bills but score a loss to PATs

If they get only 2 losses they'll have a 10-6 record
For the PATs I can see 2 maybe 3 losses say 3 that puts them at 10-6
and say one of those losses is to Jets or Bills.
For JETs I see 3 losses putting them at 10-6
For Bills I see 3 losses putting them at 10-6

So we get a four way tie and PAts split with Fins.
Fins and PATs Div record would be the same.
But PATs lost to SD and Fins beat SD
They could win the tie breaker with the PATs.:scared:

I think PATs need to win every division game and only lose 2 other games
at most to have a high probability of winning the division. :rocker:

Something I'm overlooking?

Re: Fins could win the Divison.

If the Pats dont win the division id rather see the fins win it over the bills and rats any season.

Something I'm overlooking?

Couple or three thoughts:

1. They've dodged the injury bug. It would, imo, only take one or two key injuries to sink their season. I certainly don't hope to see that, but I wouldn't be surprised by it. One of these times someone's gonna shut Porter's mouth so hard his grandkids will be eating through a straw.
  2. They only seem to beat good teams. 4-4 doesn't rule anyone out, but the odds are not in their favour.
  3. I don't expect us to lose a second time, especially with a lot more game film and a few extra days to prep.

Last edited:

If the Pats dont win the division id rather see the fins win it over the bills and rats any season.

I can only agree on the basis that my buddy is a Dolphins fans of about two decades. As you can imagine, football season is generally a depressing time for the poor bastahd. Be nice to the poor guy smile again. Nicer to see him suffer at the hands of the Pats, though. It kills him to watch Welker shred defenses. I don't think he was a huge fan of the big run game before Sammy went on vacation, either.

Last edited:

My local paper came up with a hypo situation where the Dolphins win the division in a four way tie.

Bills (5-3): at New England (W), Cleveland (L), at Kansas City (W), San Francisco (W), Miami (W), at New York Jets (W), at Denver (L), New England (L).

Jets (5-3): St. Louis (W), at New England (L), at Tennessee (L), Denver (W), at San Francisco (W), Buffalo (L), at Seattle (W), Miami (W).

Patriots (5-3): Buffalo (L), Jets (W), at Miami (L), Pittsburgh (W), at Seattle (W), at Oakland (W), Arizona (L), at Buffalo (W).

Dolphins (4-4): Seattle (W), Oakland (W), New England (W), at St. Louis (W), at Buffalo (L), San Francisco (W), at Kansas City (W), at Jets (L).

All the teams would be 10-6 and the fish would win the tie breaker.

Whole article here.....

The logjam that is the AFC East - Mark McGuire Sports Blog - 2nd and Short - timesunion.com

Hmmm - let's see. Dolphins are 4-4 and everyone else is 5-3.

My trigonometry's a bit rusty but, yes, I do believe you're right. They do have a chance at winning the division.

Patriots can throw a wrench into this feeble scenario today.....

My local paper came up with a hypo situation where the Dolphins win the division in a four way tie.

Bills (5-3): at New England (W), Cleveland (L), at Kansas City (W), San Francisco (W), Miami (W), at New York Jets (W), at Denver (L), New England (L).

Jets (5-3): St. Louis (W), at New England (L), at Tennessee (L), Denver (W), at San Francisco (W), Buffalo (L), at Seattle (W), Miami (W).

Patriots (5-3): Buffalo (L), Jets (W), at Miami (L), Pittsburgh (W), at Seattle (W), at Oakland (W), Arizona (L), at Buffalo (W).

Dolphins (4-4): Seattle (W), Oakland (W), New England (W), at St. Louis (W), at Buffalo (L), San Francisco (W), at Kansas City (W), at Jets (L).

All the teams would be 10-6 and the fish would win the tie breaker.

Whole article here.....

The logjam that is the AFC East - Mark McGuire Sports Blog - 2nd and Short - timesunion.com

I don't see that L to the Cardinals at home on the coast they hate in the dead of winter with a game riding on Kurt Warner's thumb... I also don't see the logic of predicting a loss to a battered and bruised Buffalo today at Gillette followed by a W in Buffalo - if we split with them the likely loss would be on the road on a field with a crown with a couple of their weapons back.

Miami does have the easier remaining schedule but is down one already in the loss column. I think their path to 10-6 is the easiest to achieve but I think we have a good shot at 11-5 if we take care of business at home (4) and split or better on the road (4). And we could lose both road games to Buffalo and Miami and still finish ahead of Miami if we win out at home and take both games on the west coast against 2 reeling teams we damn well better beat.

If we ever get 2/3rds of the "glass menagerie" (that's my new nickname for Bill's entire opening day potential feature RB contingent) I think we can roll.

The Patriots just have to take care of business by winning their next Three Games which are all in the Division.

The Fins have a chance to win the division, but I don't think they will. They still have lost to bad teams this year and some of the wins they have are not as impressive as they were at the time like San Deigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes