PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Find the negatives from out of this game - hard to do

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOT64

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
No game this year was perfect and neither was this one,but its hard to find anything negative from the teams play in a 52-7 win.

If I had to single out a negative it would be Marcellus Rivers who dropped 2 easy passes from Brady,1 deep in Skins territory and 1 was in the end zone - By the looks on Brady he was obviously miffed at the lack of concentration on the part of Rivers who was wide open but I guess you can expect that from a guy who has not played much and was tossed in and out of the roster all season until Thomas got hurt,I must admit after seeing this I hope Kyle Brady is alright and Watson comes back VERY soon.

If I had to pick another thing it would have been the ease that the Redskins scored on thier lone touchdown,Almost as if the Patriots had mercy on them to keep from the embarrassment of getting shutout after they allowed 52 points,Although the secondary played a laid back zone and probably did have some mercy by the slaughter they gave them.

Anything else you saw noteworthy that was negative?

I know BB will specifically talk to the guys about some mistakes and those 2 stand out although you may add Gostkowski's muffed kick which game Washington the ball on the 40 was seen on BBs aggravated face (if you can have some aggravation when leading by 45;) ).

Last edited:
The brady strip sack. THat was the one that stands out for me.

The brady strip sack. THat was the one that stands out for me.

That was the fault of the left tackle but after that play it seemed corrected and the right side of the D-Line was controlled for the rest of the game so since it was only 1 play I think that was O.K.

I don't think K. Brady was helping during that blitz either.

Last edited:
It was corrected and I felt like the O Line did a phenomenal job otherwise, but you asked me to find a negative, so I did ;)

It was corrected and I felt like the O Line did a phenomenal job otherwise, but you asked me to find a negative, so I did ;)

Yeah,I know it was hard to do,But you know BB will probably have a hour of negative things to talk to the guys about on tuesday morning.

I think he crams like its an S.A.T for his tuesday morning 'you were not good in this area' speaches about things that were NOT good in a win and tells them they were not good enough to win against the upper echelon like the Colts.

This week he is going to have to think of something really good to make them believe that they were not so good - Its probably getting harder every week for him.

Generally, how about no more Eckel running outside. He's slower than a square pinball.

Specifically, Brady high to Gaffney and low to Welker. (very disappointing) There was Bruschi's muffed tackle on the TE, I believe, and Hobbs totally lost on S. Moss at times.

OTOH I feel Faulk is an unsung hero. He's been very good and really hangs onto the ball now. When Morris comes back the Pats have a 3 headed monster at RB.

Well, our Defense broke down a little and allowed the Skins to drive down the field for a TD. We need to work on that.

Generally, how about no more Eckel running outside. He's slower than a square pinball.

Specifically, Brady high to Gaffney and low to Welker. (very disappointing) There was Bruschi's muffed tackle on the TE, I believe, and Hobbs totally lost on S. Moss at times.

OTOH I feel Faulk is an unsung hero. He's been very good and really hangs onto the ball now. When Morris comes back the Pats have a 3 headed monster at RB.

Faulk did have a wonderful game,On that one play where he ran up the middle for 5 yards near the goal line it was with so much force that I actually thought it was the fullback Evans.

At his age he is another Patriots who does not know what its supposed to be like to get old in this league - He is getting better.

Well, our Defense broke down a little and allowed the Skins to drive down the field for a TD. We need to work on that.

They were just playing 10 yards off and in a light zone coverage which they didn't do most of the game - I truly think that they did not try to hard to keep those 7 points off the board,It was already embarrasing for Washington to allow 52 points let alone be shut out too.

If they wanted to I think they definately could have shut them out by sending a full out blitz several times during that drive but they were not interested in doing so.

Last edited:
Faulk did have a wonderful game,On that one play where he ran up the middle for 5 yards near the goal line it was with so much force that I actually thought it was the fullback Evans.

At his age he is another Patriots who does not know what its supposed to be like to get old in this league - He is getting better.

He did well last week too and seems to be running with more power.

He did well last week too and seems to be running with more power.

I think the older players have been working out in the gym during the offseason with much more vigor than ever and its showing in thier play.

Bruschi,Vrabel,Seau and Faulk in particular look much more agile,faster and stronger than they looked last year.

Did you see Bruschi do that jump near the sidelines bench when he was messing with Harrison? - He must have been 5 feet off the ground.

Last edited:
They were just playing 10 yards off and in a light zone coverage which they didn't do most of the game - I truly think that they did not try to hard to keep those 7 points off the board,It was already embarrasing for Washington to allow 52 points let alone be shut out too.

If they wanted to I think they definately could have shut them out by sending a full out blitz several times during that drive but they were not interested in doing so.

Well, they NEED to try harder - they ain't being paid to "not try too hard" :p

Did you see Bruschi do that jump near the sidelines bench when he was messing with Harrison? - He must have been 5 feet off the ground.

Yes! That was intense. Wouldn't it be cool to know what was going on? As a whole they seemed to get behind the LOS more often this game. Might it be the return of Big Sey?

Well, they NEED to try harder - they ain't being paid to "not try too hard" :p

I hope the Blitz is not something I want to see much of this sunday against Indy.

Manning has Blitzing teams for lunch.

To beat Manning you need to take away the middle of the field where he is deadly and of course those receivers should be man to man coverage,Make Addai beat you and you beat the Colts - Blitzes and Zone coverages don't usually beat the Colts,limiting Manning to his arsenal is the key.

Yes! That was intense. Wouldn't it be cool to know what was going on? As a whole they seemed to get behind the LOS more often this game. Might it be the return of Big Sey?

Seymour being double covered as usual will definately help the LBs out when the blitz is on,I alos think we will see more safety and corner blitzes from Samuel,Harrison and Hobbs during the next several weeks - This week like I said is not a good week to send any man from the secondary,They need to stay back in coverage - Manning will be throwing 45 times in this game - Guaranteed

Last edited:
kickoff out of bounds

bad bad bad

Depth at TE is getting thin. The only guy left standing is having trouble holding onto the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots