PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally someone in the media is starting to ask if Manning is declining

He'll play until he gets all the records.
I agree that one more season might be it for him. There have been times this year when he looked really, really bad. I mean, old man out of football playing with his grandkids bad. There were throws last week that made Chad Pennington look like Aaron Rodgers.

He'll play until he gets all the records.

I think he'll struggle a bit once the weather turns bad. Right now, the broncos would most likely face andrew luck and the colts in the divisional - that would be a handful for the broncos.

Yeah how could he retire so close to all these records. Yet, it does seem as though is body has been failing him the last 2 years. Plus I just found this.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...tire-qb-linked-as-potential-owner-of-nfl-team

word is that manning is gonna have some cutting edge regenerative treatment done in europe in the offseason

and the fans in colorado are calling for elway to give him an extension until he's 50

i mean, hes still in his prime.....one year removed from the best offensive season ever

he's even gonna hire his own training guru....who is also a buddhist monk

manning can still make all the throws. you simply can't stuff 7 or 8 in the box against them on every down.

Well, it depends on the week. He made the throws this week. Not the previous two. Let's see if he can next week in Cincy in the cold.

There is no living Cowboy fan over 70. The depression kills them all between 50 and 55...
I've always thought Jerry Jones was a succubus and sucked the life force from all Cowboy fans.

Yeah how could he retire so close to all these records. Yet, it does seem as though is body has been failing him the last 2 years. Plus I just found this.
http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/write...tire-qb-linked-as-potential-owner-of-nfl-team

Great link, thanks. My first thought after reading that was Eli could work a team friendly deal for his bro.

To the surprise of many, the Giants did not re-sign Manning in the offseason so he’s now in the fifth year of a six-year, $97.5 million contract. He has a $17 million base deal for 2015 but, if cut, there would only be $2.25 million in so-called “dead money” or the amount of salary cap space Manning would cost the team. Considering this year’s salary cap is $133 million, it’s a relatively insignificant number. If the Giants keep him, he will count a hefty $19.75 million against the cap.

The Giants could also trade the 11-year veteran to a team that thinks Manning is the piece it needs to put them over the top but it may be difficult for any club to assume his salary given that he may be coming off two poor seasons and will be 34 going into next year

http://www.forbes.com/sites/davidla...ng-his-final-season-with-the-new-york-giants/

I know he's been throwing ducks for quite sometime, but ever since they played us, he's at times looked terrible...

Didn't watch the Denver game yesterday, but his stat line was not impressive again. Really does seem like the end is near for Manning.

the greatest trick the devil ever played..

you know the rest

I do have to say that Manning may be the only QB in the league right now who throws floaters on a five yard screen. The guy has a great mind and decision making ability, but I think the Broncos are in trouble if he has to throw 30 times in a game. His arm looks dead. You can hide that with a balanced attack, but if he has to air out the ball he is in trouble.

I do have to say that Manning may be the only QB in the league right now who throws floaters on a five yard screen. The guy has a great mind and decision making ability, but I think the Broncos are in trouble if he has to throw 30 times in a game. His arm looks dead. You can hide that with a balanced attack, but if he has to air out the ball he is in trouble.

Agreed. He had a long completion to Sanders yesterday on one of the ugliest downfield passes I've seen in a while. Before I knew that it would be a catch, I wasn't sure if the highlight wasn't going to be an interception. I think it proves that he's still reading opposing defenses well, and exploiting breakdowns in coverage. If not for Manning's ability to process and diagnose opposing defenses, he'd be a lot worse off.

Agreed. He had a long completion to Sanders yesterday on one of the ugliest downfield passes I've seen in a while. Before I knew that it would be a catch, I wasn't sure if the highlight wasn't going to be an interception. I think it proves that he's still reading opposing defenses well, and exploiting breakdowns in coverage. If not for Manning's ability to process and diagnose opposing defenses, he'd be a lot worse off.

Just because many Pats fans want Peyton to be on a sharp decline does not make it so.
Yes, he no longer throws the frozen rope 20 yards straight to the wideout but even with a bit of wounded duck wobble his throws deep downfield are more on target than TFBs consistent near misses.

Peyton has a super sharp football mind able to read and anticipate defenses such that a Pennington spaghetti arm can still win ballgames and he's still not THAT weak armed. He's dangerous and capable of beating the best which means us. DANGER Will Robinson.

All said I like our chances vs Denver should they make it to Foxboro even with their fine defense.

If I didn't know any better DEN has PM on a pitch count.

At any rate, it seems to me his velocity is down and if they are playing in a windy Gillette on Jan, there is no way DEN wins.

Just because many Pats fans want Peyton to be on a sharp decline does not make it so.
Yes, he no longer throws the frozen rope 20 yards straight to the wideout but even with a bit of wounded duck wobble his throws deep downfield are more on target than TFBs consistent near misses.

Peyton has a super sharp football mind able to read and anticipate defenses such that a Pennington spaghetti arm can still win ballgames and he's still not THAT weak armed. He's dangerous and capable of beating the best which means us. DANGER Will Robinson.

All said I like our chances vs Denver should they make it to Foxboro even with their fine defense.
He looked better this week. My talking about him was based on last week when he threw up some truly awful throws, that weren't on target at all. It looked like anything that had to go 20 yards or more had to be thrown like a mortar shell to have any chance of getting there.

You knew this was coming. ESPN is hyping how great of a deep ball passer Manning was this past Sunday. From their Power Rankings this week:

Peyton Manning was 5-of-7 for 156 yards and a TD on throws at least 15 yards downfield Sunday, tied for his second-most deep completions in a game this season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings/_/year/2014/week/16

Half the world is asking what is wrong with Manning's arm strength and ESPN is touting that it is at its best all season.

Here's a holiday gift for Rob, courtesy of Dave Dameshek:

Peyton Manning's play points to possible problems in Denver

I don't know if the Broncos are the "least convincing" double-digit-win team, but Peyton Manning's obvious recent physical struggles leave me unconvinced they've got a return visit to the Super Bowl in their short-term future. The glass half-full view of Denver's offense the past month goes like this: They're still winning games, and their emerging running game suits "playoff-style" football. The glass half-empty view: The running game is covering up Manning's diminishing ability to push the ball downfield.

The numbers reveal an inarguable decline. Manning posted a passer rating of 100 or better in six of Denver's first seven games this season, and he threw just three picks in that span. In the team's past seven contests, by contrast, Manning has topped the 100 mark just three times while throwing eight interceptions. Forget the stats, though, and just use your eyes: Manning's passes -- never confused for the tight spirals thrown by Aaron Rodgers or Tom Brady -- are fluttering more than ever. On Sunday, Broncos receivers had to continually adjust to underthrown balls. And what about the mysterious illness (or was it a thigh injury) that led to the unthinkable(backup Brock Osweiler taking snaps!)? Point is, something's going on here ... and it doesn't look good.

One thing seems clear: If Peyton's gonna get a ring in the twilight of his career, he'll have to do it the same way his boss, John Elway, did: leaning on a once-unheralded running back.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ts-lions-among-least-convincing-winning-teams

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back