PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally Done With Barrett?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Morse

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I know I am ... He was benched last week after giving uo big yardage on the Jacoby Ford reverse. With the signing of Moore to the Practice Squad is BB willing to release Barrett and admit they made a mistake?

I know I am ... He was benched last week after giving uo big yardage on the Jacoby Ford reverse. With the signing of Moore to the Practice Squad is BB willing to release Barrett and admit they made a mistake?

Barrett won't be released even if he is demoted out of the starting safety position or safety rotation entirely.

I doubt it. Bill doesn't generally see things the way many fans do... Signing a guy to the PS for depth doesn't lend me to believe he's planning on making any kneejerk changes like then promoting him to the 53 in place of a guy who has been here for a year and on the roster since camp and active since week 1. I doubt he realistically expected Barrett to be playing like a pro bowler early on if at any time this season...any more than he'd expect to upgrade off the PS with a guy signed to it 4 days before gameday...

I just don't get how this guy was the best option our roster and free agency could provide

FINALLY DONE - after 4 games...... and because one ONE play. If those were the qualifications for demotion then Brian Hoyer would be seeing so serious playing time, as well as the rest of the 22 "starters". Ridiculous comment.

You're reading way too much into this. Moore just replaces Victorian.

Oh goodie, another DB thread. This will definitely be awesome.

The reason I was against letting both Meriweather and Sanders go was not because they were so talented that they HAD to stay, it was because I didn't have faith yet in the bodies behind them.

That situation still exists now. Whether we like Barrett and Brown or not, there's nobody better on this roster right now, and our depth is thin enough as it is. For better or worse, our safeties this year are Chung, Brown, Barrett, and Ighedibo.

so which safety was it then that completely missed a wr on the right hand side of the defense later in the game?

it was like a jump ball, our CB was late, and as the WR is coming down with the ball you see one of our safeties run right by him and in front of him....

Was that the reverse play that Ellis should have had the tackle behind the LOS?

so which safety was it then that completely missed a wr on the right hand side of the defense later in the game?

it was like a jump ball, our CB was late, and as the WR is coming down with the ball you see one of our safeties run right by him and in front of him....

That was Brown

FINALLY DONE - after 4 games...... and because one ONE play. If those were the qualifications for demotion then Brian Hoyer would be seeing so serious playing time, as well as the rest of the 22 "starters". Ridiculous comment.

I would not Cut a guy for one bad play.
Then again, when you have not made a play
After 4 weeks and you look like bambi
Trying to cross route 128 during rush hour,
It may be time to be rescue the team.

Mark I suspect that Barrett did something to you like maybe trying to move in on the lovely Anita?

Last edited:
Barrett has been awful through 4 games. I try to defend every Patriots player as best I can but I have very little that's positive to say about his performances through 4 games.

I can't remember Eugene Wilson looking as horrible as our FS's this year when being thrust into a starting role 2003... am I remembering wrong?

These guys have not only not made an impact, they have been exploited multiple times.

I thought, because we cut Meriweather, everyone was happy and everything was great. I guess some people can never be pleased.

I thought, because we cut Meriweather, everyone was happy and everything was great. I guess some people can never be pleased.

Im happy.

Meri is a dim bulb.

However, Harris tweaked his hamstring a week ago and could be battling the injury for a while, all season perhaps. The dilemma if he returns is whether to start him next to Brandon Meriweather, who has shown some of the undisciplined freelance play that got him run out of New England or Wright, who has taken more bad angles than a con man.

Chicago Bears: Chicago Bears should be thinking safety first - chicagotribune.com

Barrett has been awful through 4 games. I try to defend every Patriots player as best I can but I have very little that's positive to say about his performances through 4 games.

Et tu Brute?

Gawd the safety play has been awful. BB probably hates himself in the mirror each morning for this self-inflicted wound.

It's hard to miss Meriweather, he gave up a number of big plays and was also a liability on many occasions.

Sanders I know had his share of haters too. But we lost alot of veteran leadership and stability when he was cut. Still scratching my head over that one especially given the situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes