Welcome to PatsFans.com

Finally Congress takes action on something good!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by mgcolby, May 5, 2006.

1. mgcolby

mgcolby Woohoo, I'm a VIP!!! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,194347,00.html

I recommend life in prison but this is a start!

For all the Foxnews haters on the board: I tried to balance it out with a CNN article but it wasn't on the front page as a headline and I didn't bother to search anyfurther. Apperantly it isn't as important to them!

They do however have a headline informing us that Nicole Richie "knows she is to thin"

Last edited: May 5, 2006
  2. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I'm all for tougher penalties for child molesters, and I believe they are too rarely reformable to ever be released. There's something gone wrong with these people.

However, there is a strong constitutional arguement against the registry and public access to that information. The Constitution forbids double jeopardy and I have a feeling this will go to the USSC. Once you do the time for a crime, that's it. You have a record but the government cannot do this after the sentence is served. There has to be much more severe penalties and it's beyond me why there isn't.

3. PatsFanInEaglesLand

PatsFanInEaglesLand In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +151 / 10 / -16

#37 Jersey

Because of a certain lobbying group, and you know who they are, do not want statutory rape of a minor not to be considered child molestation.

4. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +553 / 22 / -19

What groups are you talking about? Seriously. I don't know of one group that would agree with that outside of fringe groups that have no clout whatsoever. The only legitimate area, in my opinion, is how to deal with statutory rape that involves people of very similar ages, such as an 16 year old who has sex with a 15 year old (where the age of consent is 16).

5. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

Now don't get all lathered up but didn't "Kennedy/Reid" try to block this bill?

6. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

ACLU! Man Boy love remember them?

7. Patters

Ratings:
    +553 / 22 / -19

I think the ACLU simply supports the right of people to advocate man-boy love, not the right to engage in it. They also support the rights of Nazis and racists to march Jewish and black areas, but they don't support Nazi-ism or racism. I think the idea that when people have freedom of speech and association they are easy to monitor and to fight is logical. That said, I don't belong to the ACLU because, while I understand their philosophy, I really don't give a damn about the rights of perverts.

8. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Freedom of speech only goes so far, once it impedes on the rights of others that freedom is trumped. So in essence by supporting a group that advocates this they only aid the group in commiting crimes. I think your trying to link two seperate issues together. I don't see Racism or Nazi-ism in the same light as a group that claims their is nothing wrong with adults having sex with minors a group that admits their members take part in this type of behavior. To me that is different then someone expressing a point of view. Now if the group is advocating the eradication of another group openly on its website and has members admitting to crimes based on actions supported by that group then they need to be shutdown as well. Freedom of speech is not a protective blanket for breaking the law!

9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,833 / 26 / -17

Disable Jersey

Will I be the only one here to stand up for NAMBLA and the joys of man boy love?

10. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I friggin hope so...:confused:

11. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I think the ACLU is great except when they have their heads up their as ses. I wonder if they would defend the right to beat the evalovin****t out of NAMBLA freaks, Nazis, and Klansboys. I sure hope so.

12. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

To the top, where are the lefties on this? You guys care so much about Darfur but not our children? C'mon you should be in the streets celabrating this. Aren't you the people that look out for the little guy and do their best to make sure that the rights of everybody are protected. Do our kids not count?

The silence speaks volumes!

13. Turd Furguson

Turd Furguson Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The only rights regarding children the left support is the right to kill them in the womb.

14. mgcolby

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

bump until it gets its do!

Our children!

15. Patters

Ratings:
    +553 / 22 / -19

Pleez, you sound like a characture of an old man when you make such statements; just add "dog gone" it at the start

And Turd, what rights do you support for poor kids with regard to health care, housing, safety, schooling, daycare, etc.? I could say you only support rights if they don't cost you anything. I could say your moral position is based on avarace. ... but I won't.

16. Chevy

Chevy Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

#75 Jersey

Actually, there was an expert on the local talk show recently that said that sex offenders have one of the lowest rates of recidivism ... Something like 20% if untreated, and near 10% if treated (meds, counseling, etc.) ...

However, I'd like to see that become 0 by locking them up for good.

17. Patters

Ratings:
    +553 / 22 / -19

The legislation sounds very good. I have no issue with it, but I do want to read something else about it besides what Fox News reports.

18. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

That may be true, and I have no direct knowledge either way, but I have a lot of anecdotal stuff from friends in the prison system who say otherwise.
    I'm with you on the second part, which makes the first part moot, obviously.

19. wistahpatsfan

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

C'mon, Turd.
    Read that tomorrow and see how stupid that sounds.

20. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,105 / 3 / -10

That will be hard to do as the Mainstream media leans LEFT and they want nothing to do with it, if I am not mistaken the NY Times didn't even mention it, BUT IT HAPPENED, the law was passed, the kids won, the Left Wing LOST.

That's why millions all over the world "tune in" to Fox News, they tell us all the things the Left Wing won't tell us.

Bill O'Reilly & America's most wanted put the pressure on Uncle Teddy & Reid, the two far left nasty liberals realized how many people backed this bill and they know where their bread is buttered, the bill past.

The people of Massachusetts should hang their heads in shame for sending that Rotten Ted Kennedy back to the senate year after year, shame, the man is a filthy degenerate.