Welcome to PatsFans.com

Finally a womans pac that protest aginst the vulgarities of the Rush Limbaughs!

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patradomous, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Seems like just yesterday when Obama called Sandra Flake and comforted her for the vulgarities she suffered from Rush Limbaugh and had hoped that when his daughters grow up they would not be victims of such vile language.
    Well maybe thanks to this new pac if they grow up to be conservitive woman they can thank shepac for the protection and the outrage lib woman get when they are verbally abused.
    Now Obama has a reason give back the million bucks he recived from a vile hate monger Bill Maher. Or better yet maybe the messiah himself will donate that million bucks to shePAC....I can dream can't I?
    Bill Maher: Obama's Million Dollar Man - YouTube
  2. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Maher is defending Limbaugh, but that's beside the point.

Maher attacked national political figures, while Limbaugh saved all his venom for what the law presumes to be a largely defensive individual. (The fact that she has defended herself so well speaks well of her abilities.)

Also, Limbaugh does not claim to be a comedian, which the anti-pc movement gave permission to use offensive language.

Lastly, Limbaugh like Maher never came under major fire for the isolated comment. God knows, all those talk pundits say something offensive every few shows (that's why liberals are less likely than conservatives to watch or listen to pundits), but Limbaugh basically spent a few consecutive days attacking defenseless Fluke over and again.

I suppose the lesson is that in our society you can be rude and crude, but there is a line that one shouldn't cross. Limbaugh crossed that line. (A similar example to Rush might be when Michael Richards (Kramer from Seinfeld) went on a racist tirade at a comedy show.)

This is Limbaugh's attack on Fluke over a short span of time, in case you missed it:

Caught On Tape: Limbaugh's Seventy Sexist Smears - YouTube
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  3. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see. It's OK to say hateful, misogynistic things so long as it's a "national figure." :rolleyes:
    Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I see. If you're a comedian, it's OK to use hateful, misogynistic language but if you're using satire instead of comedy, then it's not. :rolleyes:
  4. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Oh thats called artistic lisence.You know like the rappers get.:rolleyes:

LMFAO..defenseless? She has her activist organization behind her.She was a plant for the DNC.Her whole point of going to GTown was to F with the policys of the school.She has the White house behind her and former White house spokesperson Anita Dunn has her as a client.
    This was a ruse.
    How about Sarah Palins baby with down syndrome? How much defense does he have when Bill Maher calls him an inbred?Where were you even?
  5. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

You responded to only two of my points. Is that because the third one was the hardest one to respond to?
  6. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +314 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Has "shepac" condemned Rush Limbaugh at all?
  7. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

I'm not defending Maher. I hardly know who he is. I've seen only snippets of him on tv. I don't like non-p.c. humor. Never have. It's cruel. But, it's quite clear to me that almost all tv pundits and comedians get away with some remarks. If Maher had called Palin a slut 70 times in the course of a day or two, I think it would have gotten attention. Rush was way over the top with his comments. Apparently, Maher was not. You may not like that, but that's just sour grapes in my opinion.
  8. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

LMAO...Apparent to who????
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Is this the same shepac that tried to drive Ellen Degeneres from no longer being a spokesperson for JC Penney, they of course failed miserably.

Vigilence on both sides of the aisle to avoid further misogyny is a good thing...
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

The "Rap Crap Rappers" how do they get away the things they have in the lyrics of their so called "music" (sh!t) why don't The Feminists and The Politically Correct Police get upset over that filth and garbage....:confused:

Snoopy Dip Dop Donk and his Rap "Ho Sh!t" makes Limbaugh look like an Angel.
  11. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +314 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

Apparently Shep-PAC does not find that all women are created equal - nor are they going to treat them as such.

They pledge to "deploy the resources necessary to defend conservative women and silence their attackers."

http://shepac.com/2012-01-24-22-19-21.html

I guess maybe Jane Fonda, Gloria Steinman and their group, The Woman's Media Center, should not have come to the defense of Laura Ingraham when Ed Schultz slammed her, huh?
  12. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Gee, I'm sorry I didn't realize that once we respond to a post, we were obligated to respond to each and every point within that post. :rolleyes:

I didn't respond because I didn't find much in there worth responding to. I think Limbaugh is a self serving loudmouth, and this episode only reinforced my view of him. But what we have also seen is the gross hypocrisy of those like you on the left who get all up in arms over Limbaugh but gladly turn a blind eye to hateful, hurtful, misogynistic comments made by those on the left.

And it's disingenuous to excuse Maher for being a comedian but not excuse Limbaugh for being a satirist. Your outrage is selective based on someone's political leanings. In your eyes misogyny is perfectly OK - so long as it comes from a liberal.
  13. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8

It's interesting that even though there are feminist groups which hold Libs and cons to account, it is somehow important to make a PAC that is specifically just another flavor of con deflection. Fascinating to hear about it just as the cons are backpeddling away from the spiritual leader of the con movement who was doing a slut-shaming three day rant as another facet of his antiprogressive rants. Please link to their protest of all-male hearings to defund woman's health services.

As has been pointed out, feminists are "out to get" lefties and Righties alike when they're over the line.

Doesn't this look much more like deflectpac?
  14. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

I think thats the reaction due to obamas selective chivalry in defense of Flake.
  15. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +314 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

No, it's not. ShePAC was developed long before Sandra Fluke ever spoke a word in public.

Read their site and you'll understand your thread title was an out-and-out lie.

ShePAC has no interest or intention of protesting the Rush Limbaughs of the world.

Once again....and read slowly....this is their stated purpose as put forth on their web site.

She·PAC will deploy the resources necessary to defend conservative women and silence their attackers.

ShePAC - About
  16. Patradomous

Patradomous Rookie

Ratings:
    +72 / 0 / -9

#87 Jersey

Thats fine because know one else will unless they are shamed into it.

Funny how its alway "I am woman hear me roar" when it comes to lib woman being degraded.
    And don't even try to compare the medias comparable outrage when it comes to this.Its not even close if it does exist.
  17. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Ratings:
    +314 / 7 / -3

#12 Jersey

What does this even mean?????

Please show me a comparable incident. Show me where Bill Maher or Ed Schultz or David Letterman or anyone else has made 57 separate, distinct and highly derogatory statements about one female private citizen over the span of 3 days.

The "outrage" is proportionate to the statements made.
  18. Patters

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

Apparently to everyone. The complaints against his comments appear to be fairly insignificant. Neither the right nor the left raised a lot of complaints from what I can see. So presumably Maher's comments did not bother even the right wing nearly as much as Limbaugh's comments bothered the left. In fact, even a lot of Republicans have condemned Rush, so it's apparent his comments were considered worse than the comments made by Maher. But, the fact remains the only reason to bring up old news is sour grapes. You should have complained about Maher back then if you found his comments so offensive.
  19. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +295 / 1 / -9

Get Rush
    Get Talk Radio
    Get Fox
    Get Drudge
    Get O'Reilly
    Get Coulter
    Get Malkin
    Get Ingram
    Get Bush
    Get Glenn Beck
    GET GOD
    Get The White Bastards

The poor Left Wing Loons, they must be going nuts, what will happen to them if a Republican actually beats Jug Ears.........:singing:
  20. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +284 / 5 / -8