PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally, a rational review of Sunday's performance

Status
Not open for further replies.
A much more balanced perspective then some dribbling out of foam flecked lips.

Greg if your reading: First, well done.

Wide Receiver: Phil Simms used replay to point out Troy Brown blocking on a nice Dillon run. Maroney's second long run down the right side of the field was helped by a nice Bam Childress block upfield. Bill himself praised Troy Brown's blocking. As we watch our Patriots return to dominance and power football, the blocking of wide receivers is going to be an integral part of New England's success. Just another aspect of their role we should consider.

Defensive Line: This is a premature point, but the first series I've broken down supports it - Richard Seymour is off to a slow start again. I have an impression that most of Buffalo's long runs went to the left side, and it wasn't Tully Banta-Cain who looked bad when that happened. I'll be able to make a better assessment as I look at more tape.

Offensive Line: Neal wasn't mentioned, and his pass blocking, in the first half at least, should have rated a poor, but he had one moment that stands out in my mind - jacking up London Fletcher-Baker at the goal line. It didn't prevent the score, but he was the only Patriot who got through the blockers and hustled back to reward Fletcher-Baker the kind of love that makes Rodney Harrison famous, 'the play isn't over until he's hit you.' I really hate to mention Pete Rose, but Pete did earn "Charlie Hustle" in his day, hopefully "Stephen Hustle" is a distant and much smarter cousin (who is working hard on his pass blocking, sigh).

Again, well done.

Yes, quite good, and very thorough.

It is intelligent when analyzing this game to throw out that first play, but we should also note, as some Bills' posters have been wont to do in a slightly differnt context, that the Bills' success on that play was the direct result of a non-call on a face mask that indeed made the play possible.

But we've moved on from that.

Yes, it looks like a very good year.

p8ryts said:
http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/gameday/

Greg Doyle does a good job on this one.
Not recommended for those wishing to predict doom and gloom.

Hard to believe that i hadn't seen the BSMW GameDay feature until now.
So Greg Doyle is new to me.

I like his stuff!
And if Box, the ever-watchful, endorses his observations ... 'nuf said.

Add the other lads, and it becomes a bookmark-able site.

I know this is just laziness on my part, but - if any of you who regularly remember to check out that BSMW page wouldn't mind, would you post about it (with a link) when you read it? I know I'll forget sometimes, and it's as entertaining and "must-read" as Reiss's pieces, imo. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes