PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Finally, A Legit Rival

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueString94

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Let's face it, the Jets may very well be competing with us for the AFC East next year, when they have been a joke for so many years.

Going into the season, people will call Brady a choker who lost his clutch magic; doubt will be in the air. The Patriots will be called a dynasty in decline.

Could it be any more perfect to shut everybody up? Finally, for once, we will be the underdogs, for the first time since 03.

Let's face it, the Jets may very well be competing with us for the AFC East next year, when they have been a joke for so many years.

Going into the season, people will call Brady a choker who lost his clutch magic; doubt will be in the air. The Patriots will be called a dynasty in decline.

Could it be any more perfect to shut everybody up? Finally, for once, we will be the underdogs, for the first time since 03.

LOL the pats dynasty ended in 2005. Thats like calling the 2009 yankees
a dynasty.

I honestly believe Sanchez will still stink in the NFL. We gave him all day to throw yesterday, and he's had elite receivers all season, in addition to a great running game. That pass he made to Holmes was sick, but overall he still threw plenty of horrible passes with no pressure.

The good thing is, there's no going back. Sanchez will be their quarterback for the next ten years, no matter how badly he plays. Hopefully the Jets don't win the Super Bowl, and their expectations will be to get back here every year. We'll see how Ryan and Sanchez deal with the unreal expectations and other teams trying to figure them out all year, and how Sanchez deals with non-elite protection. Then we'll see how they stack up to Brady and Belichick.

Getting to the top is the easy part. Staying there? Contending each year? Different story.

Last edited:
I honestly believe Sanchez will still stink in the NFL. We gave him all day to throw yesterday, and he's had elite receivers all season, in addition to a great running game. That pass he made to Holmes was sick, but overall he still threw plenty of horrible passes with no pressure.

The good thing is, there's no going back. Sanchez will be their quarterback for the next ten years, no matter how badly he plays. Hopefully the Jets don't win the Super Bowl, and their expectations will be to get back here every year. We'll see how Ryan and Sanchez deal with the unreal expectations and other teams trying to figure them out all year, and how Sanchez deals with non-elite protection. Then we'll see how they stack up to Brady and Belichick.

He didn't look much worse than Brady in the first half of 01 IMO. Granted, Brady was more charismatic and better in the clutch, but damn, they're wearing this Sanchez kid out!

It reminds me of Carson Palmer in Cincinnati; extremely talented QB goes to a historically terrible franchise, has two good seasons (though Carson was much better than Sanchez) and continued his career under unbelievable pressure. Talent-wise, Sanchez isn't' up there with Palmer or Bledsoe (both of whom showed promise), but the extra help makes up for it.

The Jets are structured differently than the Patriots. Pace, Scott, Cromartie, have question marks about their future with that team. LdT is getting on, as is Shaun Ellis. Greene is one selfish player. Holmes and Braylon Edwards, what happens to these guys? Where are the draft picks?

I don't see this rivalry lasting for long. I think the Patriots are building. The Jets, maybe one more year AT THE MOST.

Yay! After 10 years competing and trying to be the greatest team ever, we can compete for Divisional Rivals and split with another team for a few years!

Yay!

Again, I feel we have blown way too many opportunities to be great

The Jets may very well be competing with us? That sort of soft selling it a little bit.

We might as well welcome our new green and white overlords. Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, they will be the favorites to win the division (and likely the AFC) next year. If they don't lose one or both of Edwards or Santurdio they are a SB favorite as well.

It's up to BB and the rest to knock them off their high horse. I believe they can, but there's a lot of work to be done before.

Yay! After 10 years competing and trying to be the greatest team ever, we can compete for Divisional Rivals and split with another team for a few years!

Yay!

How is 3 rings blowing opportunities? Most of the time, you're not gonna win. We shouldn't have won in 2001. Even 2003 was dependent by big plays at right times. The only dominating season we've had is 2004. 2005, we shouldn't have won, three in a row was too much to ask for a team struggling to 10-6. 2006, we had no recievers. 2007, I'll give you that, that sucked. 2008, we went 11-5 without Tom Brady! (though we should've done better with out schedule). 2009 we sucked.

This year, well, the players will hopefully learn from it.

I feel we have had 6 golden opps to win a ring. We have won 3. 06 we were 1/2 half away from facing a Bears team that would have netted another ring. 07, obvious, this year, best team in the league, #1 seed, beat all the best teams... how much more can you set your self up?

The jets did enough to win the game but this offense stunk!!I really thought we let an opportunity slip here.I dont know what will happen next year.All i know is that come the playoffs, this team is not certain to win anymore.:(

I feel we have had 6 golden opps to win a ring. We have won 3. 06 we were 1/2 half away from facing a Bears team that would have netted another ring. 07, obvious, this year, best team in the league, #1 seed, beat all the best teams... how much more can you set your self up?

I think we've had legitimate shots or chances to become champions from 2006-2010. As fans we should appreciate this. I am still disappointed...

If the Jets beat the steelers then maybe it was their year but i am sure the steelers will be much more ready this time around.:rolleyes:They get to the QB.

How is 3 rings blowing opportunities? Most of the time, you're not gonna win. We shouldn't have won in 2001. Even 2003 was dependent by big plays at right times. The only dominating season we've had is 2004. 2005, we shouldn't have won, three in a row was too much to ask for a team struggling to 10-6. 2006, we had no recievers. 2007, I'll give you that, that sucked. 2008, we went 11-5 without Tom Brady! (though we should've done better with out schedule). 2009 we sucked.

This year, well, the players will hopefully learn from it.

Totally agree with this but I'd add one. if 2001 makes 2007 a wash (and I agree) then 2006 was the only big blown opportunity I can think of. If anyone truly believes that the Patriots had anything better than a .333 shot at beating the Jets, Steelers and Packers, I think they're dreaming.

You have to be a better team. Simple. They are not.

You think the Patriots are the first #1 seed to go down? No.

Oh this year and last year...hell the year we lost the SB...we could have had 5 SB rings by now...nope..instead we are no longer a dynasty and a team that chokes in the playoffs

That superbowl victory seems like eons ago.:(If 2007 had been a victory it would have been easier to take this loss.

The thing is, our team is young and built to last, their team is old and built for now. Maybe there will be no CBA next year just so the Jets don't have a cap and they can spend whatever they need to keep their team together for one more year? :)

You have to be a better team. Simple. They are not.

You think the Patriots are the first #1 seed to go down? No.

I bet they are the first #1 seed, that played the schedule they did and won all the tough games, looking like the best, to lose in the first round.

My #1 factor for how far a team goes int he playoffs, is how they compete against the top competition during the regular season... there was nothing more the Pats can do short of going undefeated to put them in a position to win it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots