Welcome to PatsFans.com

Finally A Democrat With A Plan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

Big Ears Obama, the only one of the Bush Haters that will come right out and tell you what he is going do if he becomes the Commander.
    Wonder what the Hollywood wife swappers that gave him all that money think about Big Ears Plan.

It's about time one of these sore losing wimps spoke up,

Todays News:
    In a strikingly bold speech about terrorism scheduled for this morning, Democratic presidential candidate Illinois Sen. Barack Obama will call not only for a withdrawal of U.S. troops from Iraq, but a redeployment of troops into Afghanistan and even Pakistan — with or without the permission of Pakistan President Pervez Musharraf.
    http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=3434573&page=1

2. PatsWSB47

PatsWSB47 Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +189 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Hillary is waiting for the new polls to come out before she lets us know her latest plans.

3. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Hmmm...going after Al Quaeda in Afghanistan?

CRAZY!

but I thought there were no good targets there?

4. Fogbuster

Fogbuster Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

That's for 100% sure.

And, earth to Obama: if you thought there is a lot of resistence to the U.S. "occupation" of Iraq, wait and see what will be waiting for us in Pakistan, a nation that most definitely does have nukes, a large Peshawar region that is virtually lawless, and a volatile assortment of parties who are constantly in internal conflict.

Absolute silliness to say "get out of Iraq and go to Pakistan". Multiplies the very problem -- demonization of the U.S. -- by a thousand-fold. Bad, bad thinking.

//

5. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Fog,

I know we disagree about Pakistan, but does it make sense to stay away from al quaeda in that country and give them a safe haven? Thats been the policy since 2001, and it isn't working.

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +809 / 2 / -9

I give Big Ears credit, he's got more balls than the rest of those losers he's running with, go get em kid.

7. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

The point is Obama's playing to the crowd; he's trying to show his name is "Obama", not "Osama". He's talking tough to reduce fears that he's just another limp-wristed lefty liberal. So any claims of his about "going into Pakistan" -- when we are already in Afghanistan and in Iraq -- is just theater.

Now, if the government of Pakistan, backed by the respected leaders of Pakistan, were to ask the U.S. to help them to get al qaeda and the taliban, sure, I'd do that. But not Obama's pandering statement of: "We will go into Pakistan if I'm president". Political campaign rhetoric, nothing more.

//

8. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Well obviously he's pandering, he's a Democrat. If he was serious about saving America, he'd be a Republican, right?

9. Fogbuster

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

You don't think he's playing to the crowd? You think he's serious? Most importantly, do you think it's a good idea to just "go into Pakistan"?

//

10. Pujo

Pujo Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

Most importantly, do you ever criticize the Republicans when they pander? Or if you agree with them, does that mean they're not pandering? I'm not defending Obama, I'm calling out your hypocracy, which is in plain view.

11. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

I totally agree. (Christ, Boy, you're beginning to see the light!)
    :rocker:

12. wistahpatsfan

wistahpatsfan Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -1

#75 Jersey

By the time the next president is elected, there will be no Musharrif. He will have gone into exile in Argentina. Pakistan will be a right-wing, Mullah-run, sh-thole like Iran. Their army will be in disarray and they will have nowhere to use their nukes other than their own territory. Their delivery systems are vintage 1947, barely better than German V-2's. Mark my words, Pakistan under Musharrif will be no more, and we will, once again, have backed the wrong dictator. Maybe Bhutto can rise to power and stabilize her country before the sh-t hits the fan there, but I doubt it. More likely will be a total military takeover, civil war on the streets, and a massive bloodbath between the secular army and the Taliban and AQ.

This I know because, oh never mind...I just made it up. Maybe I could get a job as a geopolitical analyst on CNN, though.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2007
  13. PressCoverage

PressCoverage Banned

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

ah yes... in the eyes of a repressed Bunkerite, if a liberal is reserved and non-interventionist, he's "another limp-wristed lefty".... if a liberal shows some backbone and hits back with sufficient force, he's an "extremist who just hates Bush"...

a war run on slogans and labels, enabled by a group of people who can't see think past slogans and labels...

14. gomezcat

gomezcat It's SIR Moderator to you Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

15. maverick4

maverick4 Banned

Ratings:
    +17 / 0 / -0

Do you think it's a good idea to go into IRAQ? or IRAN?

This whole war is based on fighting terrorism. Why are we going in and building military bases in oil-rich countries and leaving the TRUE breeding grounds of terrorists alone?

Please, open your eyes and realize the whole 'war on terrorism' thing is simply a scam and a catchphrase.