PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Super Bowl drive triggers proposed rule change

Status
Not open for further replies.
You want to hear something funny? I can hardly remember what happened in the SB, I barely even think of it that much. I guess I'm starting to appreciate these years we have with Brady as our man. Enjoy it while Brady's still here. There'll be a day when we'll look back at this as- "Remember when we were SB threat's every year?? I'm just gonna kick back, and watch one of the best friggn QB's the world has ever seen!! :rocker:

Amen to that. I'm still disappointed about the SB, but no team has been as consistent as the Pats have been in this past decade. And as long as TB and BB are around, then i'm looking for them to maintain their consistency. And who knows, maybe they can even make it back to the big game one more time.

well if the opponent has "stumbled" on a loophole, it is the offensive team's responsibility to start playing chess too. Snap and spike. 5 yds 1 sec.

Yeah, I thought of that as soon as I posted it.

Here's another one. If the opposing team has first down inside the 1 yard line, why not have your D line just T-off on the offense as soon as they come to the line of scrimmage, before the center can snap the ball. Time after time after time. At some point, the refs can't even move the ball forward anymore.

Then, just don't do it, but instead move to the side suddenly. That would cause at least one of the O lineman to move in a defensive response, but because the D line moved sideways, they can't be called for causing it. Move the ball back to the 5 yard line.

pats1974 - game 19 of the season. 23 if you include pre-season. I seem to remember the Pats had a fumble recovery negated which cost them 7 pts on the old "not so fake 12 guys on the field" play. Let's get the basic plays down first.

Yeah. Making sure you're playing with 11 guys ain't a bad idea, especially after 23 games.

There are many rules that are specific to the last two minutes of a game.

Why not just add another?

Make it so that ANY defensive foul (accepted or not) include the resetting of the game clock from right before the play?

There are many rules that are specific to the last two minutes of a game.

Why not just add another?

Make it so that ANY defensive foul (accepted or not) include the resetting of the game clock from right before the play?

It depends though on who is ahead, if the defensive team is behind, then they would be committing penalties whenever they could. Penalties would be better than timeouts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back