PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Score - NE vs Denver?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alamo does a swell job with the predict the score contest. But thanks for the effort.

Last edited:
i think...21/17 ..ofcourse pats will win !!! :rocker:

Here's how I see the Patriots this weekend...

Belichick hasnt lost to a team twice in a season since 2000. Bruschi, Seymour, Faulk, Dillon and Hobbs did not play the first time. Sadly, Duane Starks did play! Hobbs is a plus upgrade over Starks, Bruschi and Seymour solidify the front seven. Faulk and Dillon (esp Faulk now a days) get the wheels churning on offense. Even with all that working against them last time, NE only lost 28-20. It will be different this time. Brady over Plummer any day.

New England 30, Denver 20.

Bring on the Colts or the Steelers.

I know this isn't the official thread but who cares.

I think we'll shut down the run. Denver will have some passing success but not a lot. They only score 13 points.

The Patriots won't be dominant on offense. They'll be up and down but will not make mistakes and will move the ball conistently enough to score 27 points.

Yes, the Patriots move on 27-13.

I nominate DeSi_PatzGal cutest avatar. :D

BelichickFan said:
I think we'll shut down the run.
The Patriots won't be dominant on offense but will not make mistakes and will move the ball conistently enough to score 27 points.

BWAA HA HA HAAAA!!!!!!!!!

You'll shut down our run? hows that, you gonna put 8 in the box and watch us shred you with play action...again...

ha ha haa

Your offense won't be dominant, but will somehow still put up 27 points on the road, that is 5 possesions that score, and that's not dominant?? Your reaching. We are the better team in all 3 facets of football.

+ coaching, Shanny owns Billy, check the #'s. Brady takes his first loss in the playoffs on the chin, just like earlier this season!!!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is it Saturday yet?? BRONCOS RULE!!!!!

Bronco Freak said:
BWAA HA HA HAAAA!!!!!!!!!

You'll shut down our run? hows that, you gonna put 8 in the box and watch us shred you with play action...again...

ha ha haa

Your offense won't be dominant, but will somehow still put up 27 points on the road, that is 5 possesions that score, and that's not dominant?? Your reaching. We are the better team in all 3 facets of football.

+ coaching, Shanny owns Billy, check the #'s. Brady takes his first loss in the playoffs on the chin, just like earlier this season!!!

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Is it Saturday yet?? BRONCOS RULE!!!!!

Man, good enthusiasm at least dude...

If you have to play action instead of run (with your team's run strength), then yeah, we've shut down the run. As good as your ground game is, our run d's immaculate right now.

I'm not so sure about our offense, but that doesn't make you guys the better team there... the best thing your D has going for you is turnovers, which as far as I'm concerned is irrelevant for this game.

To say Shannahan is a better coach than Bellichick is reaching dude. Reeeeaallly reaching. And that's from a neutral point of view, not a Pats fan. I shouldn't really have to tell you why that is.

Finally, the fact that you say "again" in that blog makes it as irrelevant as the last time these teams met. Any objective football fan can see that the Patriots are night and day since then.

I'll say the same thing I say to every Broncos fan I talk to: home field is your best chance/advantage.

play action is included in our strenths

ever seen jake plummer throw a play action bootleg pass?

trust me its the best in the NFL

I say Denver wins by 17 points

Denver can win by more if it wanted to but after having a big enough lead our running game will get consistent first downs and stop the clock as Champ Bailey and the Bronco Secondary shut down the Pass game

and our Superior front 7 shuts down your run

Last edited:
CheerforTom said:
Man, good enthusiasm at least dude...

If you have to play action instead of run (with your team's run strength), then yeah, we've shut down the run. As good as your ground game is, our run d's immaculate right now.

Well, we run play action passes all day, it is how we create 80% of our big plays, and we will be running right over your sorry defense just like we have been doing...for 8 years straight. Why would anyone use playaction, if you can't run the ball, that's stupid, play action on 3rd and long?!?!!? Anyway, I'll talk at your level of football expertise since you don't know much about the BRONCOS.

What makes you think you can come into Mile High and stop our running game. Talk about reaches, why not just say your going to shut us out then too, lmao!!!
Our running game cannot be stopped without you putting a 8 in the box, which is walking into a blowout if they do!

Jake is too accurate, our recievers have great hands, and get tons of YAC vs the blitz on slants. Watch when we go two tightends strongside...its all over.

Bottomline - we are better in all facets of the game, including coaching. Shanny owns Billichick, and that is a fact.

Ask John Clayton at ESPN - he said the same - it is plainly obvious to anyone objective. + the week of rest. Later Brady, good luck hawking credit cards!!!

Bronco Freak said:
Well, we run play action passes all day, it is how we create 80% of our big plays, and we will be running right over your sorry defense just like we have been doing...for 8 years straight. Why would anyone use playaction, if you can't run the ball, that's stupid, play action on 3rd and long?!?!!? Anyway, I'll talk at your level of football expertise since you don't know much about the BRONCOS.

What makes you think you can come into Mile High and stop our running game. Talk about reaches, why not just say your going to shut us out then too, lmao!!!
Our running game cannot be stopped without you putting a 8 in the box, which is walking into a blowout if they do!

Jake is too accurate, our recievers have great hands, and get tons of YAC vs the blitz on slants. Watch when we go two tightends strongside...its all over.

Bottomline - we are better in all facets of the game, including coaching. Shanny owns Billichick, and that is a fact.

Ask John Clayton at ESPN - he said the same - it is plainly obvious to anyone objective. + the week of rest. Later Brady, good luck hawking credit cards!!!

Heh, while I admire your *obvious* objectivity, I'm not so sure I know less football than you...

If your running game's as good as you say it is, the play action isn't going to matter. The way you guys play (and you've been successful at it) is to pound it out hardcore on the ground, then take advantage with play action. The thing is, if we stop you on the ground, that's not going to matter. So will we?

Check out the running we've allowed in the last bunch of games (Miami notwithstanding - I dare you to argue with that). Before you say that those were crappy teams with terrible records and they all had the plague, we're talking about Fred Taylor, Curtis Martin, Cadillac Williams. These are not bad runningbacks, and we demolished them. You guys have a good running game, but I doubt it'll be enough. 8 guys in the box... we often use 6 and dominate the run.

Just because Jake's had a great year for no picks doesn't make him "too accurate" - he's still not a great quarterback.

Shanny being better than Bellichick is an awful interesting 'fact' given that you haven't backed it up at all... last I checked, the last time we played you guys at full strength (read: the coaches having an even playing field), Bellichick outcoached the... poop out of you and your mummy (sorry, I'm allowed one personal remark for all of yours :))

I have noticed Broncos fans seem to like pulling 'bottom lines' and 'conclusions' off of very little evidence, though. Seriously.

CheerforTom said:
We're talking about Fred Taylor, Curtis Martin, Cadillac Williams. These are not bad runningbacks, and we demolished them.
Please, Cadillac is so inconsistent, Fred Taylor is always hurt, and they were down and abandoned the running game to take advantage of that garbage secondary of the pats, and Curtis Martin...that is why they are trading up to get Reggie Bush.

Shanny has beaten Billichick (sp) everytime. Ok, Billichick got over vs our 3RD STRING QB, that was THRIRD string QB, and dumbass Deltha Oneal. Everyother time, Shanny beats him.

CheerforTom said:
You guys have a good running game, but I doubt it'll be enough. 8 guys in the box... we often use 6 and dominate the run.

bwaa haa haaa. If they put 6 in the Box, and run a 3-3 5, your team will give up 300 yards rushing, just like Shanny did the Jags in 96. Your a fool for saying that, but I digress. Let me break it down for you.

You have to have BALANCE, that is why we have only one losing season since Shanny took over, and that was an injury plagued year after the G.O.A.T. retired.

Who else can say that? No one.

Back to the point, we will run, and set up the play action, which will work like it has vs every team since Shanny came to town.

Your only hope is if Brady throws for 400 yards and a meteorite hits Jack Plummers Hummer on the way to Invesco, that's the only way Billichick has beaten us.

Bronco Freak said:

]

Well, considering we had the #1 rated rushing defense in the league over the second half of the season, without putting 8 in the box, I surely can see how we can stop them.

Your two huge passing yardage for the last game was against Duane Starks. This time, we have ellis hobbs, who has been playign some great football as of late. Oh, not to mention we'll have our front seven putting so much pressure that Plummer wont have nearly as much time to throw as last time.

You have won most of the previous regular season meetings. Not to say this is a worthy response, but you cant ignore Brady and Belicheck's playoff genius. Belicheck is a better coach, FACT. He'll find a way to not let Shanahan beat him on the coaching side of the ball.

If you knew anything about football, you would understand that John Clayton is just about everything but reliable. The fact is, no one know what will happen, both of us dont. But we sure will come saturday night. I'd love to see your response if we win..

I just love delusional Bronco fans who think they have an unimpeded path to Indianapolis and assume that the Broncos will kick the Patriots ass Saturday night. They will learn the same painful lessons that we've been teaching Colts and Steelers fans for years now. The Denver Post media is not happy that the Patriots are returning to Denver. You should not be coming in here all full of yourselves and think Shanahan is a better coach than Belichick and the Broncos will run all over the Patriots. Not gonna happen. Nope.

skri65 said:
If you knew anything about football, you would understand that John Clayton is just about everything but reliable. The fact is, no one know what will happen, both of us dont. But we sure will come saturday night. I'd love to see your response if we win..

I'll be here. And you took advantage of some terrible teams building up those rushing defensive stats.

Here's why it they don't matter outside of the fact that those teams are garbage.

What happened when you faced real competition. Say... like the Chargers for example?

What about vs the Chiefs?

What about...hmm...say the Broncos? What happened in those game?

Did I mention we have been resting for 2 weeks? Our backs are at full strength. So is the rest of the team. You can expect 200 yards rushing on saturday night, and I am dead serious about that.

I'm going to say broncos on turning the tables on the Patriots...Elam kicks a game winning field goal as time expires...34-31

QuinielaBox said:
I just love how u think Shanahan is a better coach than Belichick and the Broncos will run all over the Patriots. Not gonna happen. Nope.

Thanks for all the football talk. I guess your right, after all, you said its not gonna happen. And added for emphasis. Nope.

Talk about delusional. Go watch the game tape. Round 2 is gonna be even uglier.

2 weeks for the Mastermind to prepare the gameplan. 2 weeks for us to rest...

Did you see how we destroyed the Chargers in a meaningless game?

And now this one is at home, and means everything...I just hope the Kennedy's don't drink themselves to death.

Bronco Freak said:
I'll be here. And you took advantage of some terrible teams building up those rushing defensive stats.
Here's why it they don't matter outside of the fact that those teams are garbage.

What happened when you faced real competition. Say... like the Chargers for example?

What about vs the Chiefs?

What about...hmm...say the Broncos? What happened in those game?

Did I mention we have been resting for 2 weeks? Our backs are at full strength. So is the rest of the team. You can expect 200 yards rushing on saturday night, and I am dead serious about that.

Take note on how i said "second half of the season." You know, when bruschi came back and then we he started taking shape again later on. A run d that didnt involve vrabel in the inside much, no seymour, no bruschi, before wilfork started to come on. Its an entirely different run d.

I dont care who you play, you limit a back to 3 yards on 8 carries, and then limit a rb who had rushed for 130 yards the week before to less than 30, its some impressive run D. Not to mention Fred Taylor and the jags running attack had no success when they DID run (which was sparingly). We'll see, i think you underestimate our running d, but you'll knwo what i'm saying come sat. night.

Its stupid to argue with you trolls, we'll both say the same thing over and over again. We will see what happens on Saturday night.

Last edited:
QuinielaBox said:
I just love delusional Bronco fans who think they have an unimpeded path to Indianapolis and assume that the Broncos will kick the Patriots ass Saturday night. They will learn the same painful lessons that we've been teaching Colts and Steelers fans for years now. The Denver Post media is not happy that the Patriots are returning to Denver. You should not be coming in here all full of yourselves and think Shanahan is a better coach than Belichick and the Broncos will run all over the Patriots. Not gonna happen. Nope.

Billicheck is a better coach than Shannahan. BUT, shanahan is the best game planner in the league...hands down...even the anylsts have admitted that.

And to be completely honest, we've run over absolutely everybody this year, including the chargers (best run D in the league), and, even when you played us the first time, the fact that you guys had a lot of injuries didn't slow other patriot fans from insisting that we STILL weren't going to run or pass anywhere.

Facts are facts, we run on everyone, and we normally run well.

The running game will be key for us, stopping the run isn't what's going to be key for you guys. The key for you guys will be putting pressure on Plummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back