PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final round cuts (Non-Patriots)

USC QB syndrome: living the good life, lots of puzzy, great weather, Hollywood, Petie Carroll...
and Zero hard coaching.

That sounds like me aside from the USC syndrome, living the good life, great weather, Hollywood, Pete Carroll, and the zero hard coaching thing.

I guess that leaves room for the most important aspect though?

:cool:

Re: Re: Final round cuts (Non-Patriots)

Perhaps good coaching would have a better chance with him than with Tebow.

I think he may be more interested in being the next Paris Hilton than Tom Brady...

Re: Re: Final round cuts (Non-Patriots)

I'll take Branch, and Jax can have Cunnyham, Bequette or Francis.

Bequette showed up last night and I seriously believe Cunningham is our fourth DT in at this point, he hasn't played all this preseason yet he seems to be in position to make the team so they must see something in him this is what year four and he still here.

Still don't get why Matt Leinart crashed and burned in the NFL.

Good scouting report, big arm, lots of talent, was a star in college. Thought he had what it took to be a really good NFL QB....

No willingness to develop the mental side of the game.

Bequette showed up last night and I seriously believe Cunningham is our fourth DT in at this point, he hasn't played all this preseason yet he seems to be in position to make the team so they must see something in him this is what year four and he still here.

Reiss has referred to him as the most versatile defensive front line player that we have (true or not), so if he makes it I believe his versatility will have definitely helped his case.

Still don't get why Matt Leinart crashed and burned in the NFL.

Good scouting report, big arm, lots of talent, was a star in college. Thought he had what it took to be a really good NFL QB....

Leinhart doesn't have a big arm, and his footwork sucks.

USC QB syndrome: living the good life, lots of puzzy, great weather, Hollywood, Petie Carroll...
and Zero hard coaching.

I think the biggest aspect of USC QB syndrome you are forgetting is incredible talent... on the team around them. Big name, high profile college teams get the best recruits which lead to physically talented QBs playing with the best O-lines and WRs; and in the college level athleticism dominates. They do well, their coaches hide their weaknesses, their egos explode from being the hottest ***** on campus.

Then they get to the NFL where the talent gap is much, much smaller. The windows to throw into are smaller combined with having much less time in the pocket. I think NFL game speed, parity, and playbook complexity are too much to handle for these QBs who arent used to nor willing to put in the time.This is common problem with many QBs coming from high profile teams, there are exceptions of course, unfortunately USC has very few of those exceptions.

I don't think Bequette played that well at all. He was completely man-handled when attempting
to rush the passer, and also lost his edge by taking the cheese during a couple of runs.

No willingness to develop the mental side of the game.

JaMarcus Russell and Matt Leinart took their signing money, grabbed a margarita, jumped in the hot tub and threw their careers away.

I think the biggest aspect of USC QB syndrome you are forgetting is incredible talent... on the team around them. Big name, high profile college teams get the best recruits which lead to physically talented QBs playing with the best O-lines and WRs; and in the college level athleticism dominates. They do well, their coaches hide their weaknesses, their egos explode from being the hottest ***** on campus.

Then they get to the NFL where the talent gap is much, much smaller. The windows to throw into are smaller combined with having much less time in the pocket. I think NFL game speed, parity, and playbook complexity are too much to handle for these QBs who arent used to nor willing to put in the time.This is common problem with many QBs coming from high profile teams, there are exceptions of course, unfortunately USC has very few of those exceptions.

Leinart had the tools to develop into a solid NFL drop-back quarterback, similar skills in many ways to Tom Brady. His college career was similar with time as a redshirt and as a backup to Carson Palmer.

He missed the point when he put getting drafted and signing a big rookie deal as the goal, not a step along the way.

It will be interesting to see if this occurs less with the rookie salary scale. The first deal is no longer the big pay day.

I don't think Bequette played that well at all. He was completely man-handled when attempting
to rush the passer, and also lost his edge by taking the cheese during a couple of runs.

I also didn't think Bequette played well, unless his assignment is to lock up the LT at the line of scrimmage. He displayed no motor, intensity and / or aggresiveness. He just seemed to be going through the motion. For a guy on the bubble, I would have thought he would put in a high effort in an attempt to make the team, but I just didn't see it. I'm rooting for the guy, but if I was the coach........

Antoine Winfield cut by Seahawks.
Drayton Florence released by Panthers.

Redskins released Chase Minnifield.

Add Winfield to the list of names.

I wonder if the pats cut ras-i with an eye to sign a vet like winfield after the cuts to 53.

I also didn't think Bequette played well, unless his assignment is to lock up the LT at the line of scrimmage. He displayed no motor, intensity and / or aggresiveness. He just seemed to be going through the motion. For a guy on the bubble, I would have thought he would put in a high effort in an attempt to make the team, but I just didn't see it. I'm rooting for the guy, but if I was the coach........
Just rewatched the game, I don't get the Bequette praise either. I thought he mostly sucked in that game.

Nick Underhill ‏@Nick_Underhill 58s
Pioneer Valley’s favorite son. RT @ZacBoyer: The #Redskins have released nose tackle Ron Brace, according to a league source.

Redskins released Chase Minnifield.

Think the draft forum liked him a lot but didn't he have pretty major knee surgery before entering the league?

Does anyone know how Minnifield looked in preseason.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back