PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Roster Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lloyd_Christmas

I can delete my own crap!
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Somebody help me out with the final roster. I think I have it, but check to make sure...

19 Released: Monty Beisel, Eddie Berlin, Corey Bramlet, Chad Brown, Vernell Brown, Eddie Freeman, Chris Luzar, Jeremy Mincey, John Stone, Eric Warfield, Randy Hand, Kelvin Kight, Dan Klecko, Corey Mays, Gus Scott, Antwain Spann, Dan Stevenson, Santonio Thomas, and Billy Yates

1 on PUP: Patrick Pass

2 on IR: Tebucky Jones, Barry Gardener

1 Traded: Patrick Cobbs

1 Aquired: Doug Gabriel

53 man roster:

Eric Alexander
Willie Andrews
Tully Banta-Cain
Tom Brady
Deion Branch
Wesley Britt
Troy Brown
Tedy Bruschi
Reche Caldwell
Matt Cassel
Bam Childress
Rosevelt Colvin
Don Davis
Corey Dillon
Heath Evans
Kevin Faulk
Randall Gay
Stephen Gostkowski
Daniel Graham
Jarvis Green
Rodney Harrison
Artrell Hawkins
Marquise Hill
Ellis Hobbs
Russ Hochstein
Larry Izzo
Chad Jackson
Nick Kaczur
Dan Koppen
Matt Light
Logan Mankins
Laurence Maroney
Josh Miller
Garrett Mills
Gene Mruczkowski
Stephen Neal
Ryan O'Callaghan
Lonie Paxton
Asante Samuel
James Sanders
Chad Scott
Junior Seau
Richard Seymour
Le Kevin Smith
Johnathan Sullivan
David Thomas
Mike Vrabel
Ty Warren
Benjamin Watson
Vince Wilfork
Eugene Wilson
Pierre Woods
Mike Wright

That's 53, but I didn't list Doug Gabriel... does he not count yet?

Also, these 4 guys were listed on patriots.com official roster, but I'm thinking they were prior releases that I missed and patriots.com didn't update on:

Raymond Ventrone
Gemara Williams
Zuriel Smith
Earl Charles

Here is the roster by position:
(I assume that someone will have to be dropped to make room for Doug Gabriel)

QB: Tom Brady, Matt Cassel

RB: Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans

WR: Deion Branch, Doug Gabriel, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Bam Childress,

TE: Daniel Graham, Benjamin Watson, David Thomas, Garrett Mills

OL: Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal, Ryan O'Callaghan, Nick Kaczur, Russ Hochstein, Wesley Britt, Gene Mruczkowski

K: Stephen Gostkowski
P: Josh Miller
LS: Lonie Paxton

DL: Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green, Johnathan Sullivan, Mike Wright, Le Kevin Smith, Marquise Hill

LB: Tedy Bruschi, Rosevelt Colvin, Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau, Tully Banta-Cain, Pierre Woods, Eric Alexander, Don Davis, Larry Izzo

S: Rodney Harrison, Eugene Wilson, Artrell Hawkins, James Sanders

CB: Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Randall Gay, Chad Scott, Willie Andrews

Last edited:
Deion Branch isn't on the active roster, reserve/did not report instead.

My biggest surprises in red

QB (2) Brady, Cassel
We all saw it coming.

RB (4) Dillon, Moroney, Faulk, Evans
Some thought that Cobbs had a shot, but I think things have worked out for the best. Somehow, I always feel real confident with Evans on the field.

WR (5) Brown, Caldwell, Gabriel, Jackson, Childress
I think we'll be absolutely fine without Branch, if it comes to that. To be honest, I dont hold out a lot of hope for Caldwell. But I'll be very excited to see Childress and Jackson develop at players in the scheme. I think they will become the next David Givens and Chad Johnson, respectively. Lots of upside here.

TE (4) Graham, Watson, Thomas, Mills
Crush.

OT (4) Light, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt
I'm surprised that Britt made the team, really. This actually adds a twist to the Gorin trade that hadn't really been discussed. Everyone assumed it was O'Callaghan who made Gorin expendable, but if BB was planning to keep 4 OTs, then Britt's performance may have had just as big a role.

OG (3) Mankins, Neal, Mruczkowski
I had picked Stevenson over Mruc. mgteich was taking Mruc. I lost that coin toss. I've got Stevenson as my #1 lock for the PS.

OC (2) Koppen, Hochstein
Never in doubt.

NT (3) Wilfork, Sullivan, Smith
Worth raising an eyebrow at LeKevin making the roster. Keeping this many widebodies makes me think that we'll be playing more 4-3 than recent history has indicated.

DE (5) Seymour, Warren, Green, Wright, Hill
Hill was on the bubble and beat Klecko for the 53rd spot. I dont see how he's going to get on the field, with the depth ahead of him.

OLB (4) Vrabel, Colvin, Banta-Cain, Woods
Woods is the feel good story of the year. Gay, Wright and now Woods. I like the fact that BB gives UDFAs a legitimate shot at making the roster ahead of his draft picks. College players will see this, and it'll make a difference during recruiting. Even thought MV was playing inside recently, I'm certain that he's just playing out of position while Bruschi heals up. Come Week 1, he'll be back at his natural position.

ILB (5) Bruschi, Seau, Alexander, Izzo, Davis
Alexander. What can I say? The stars aligned. I am shocked he actually made the roster. If Gardner hadn't gone to IR, he'd be on the wire. In March, I would never have picked him to beat Beisel for a roster spot-- and now, in retrospect, it wasn't even that close. Still, I dont expect to see much of him in the regular D. He's our new Matt Chatham and, honestly, I'd rather have Chatham.

CB (4) Hobbs, Samuel, Gay, Scott
Hard to say Chad Scott is a surprise with the way BB gushes about him. And Gay was never at much risk, assuming he was healthy. Interesting that we only have two "pure" CBs-- the other two are DBs in a more broad sense.

S (5) Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders, Andrews
The surprise at S isn't who's on the list, as who is not. This is the fewest safeties that I've ever had on the 53-man this year. And the difference is the tough loss of Tebucky and Mitchell for the year. Guss Scott is probably gone for good if he cant win the 53rd spot away from Hill, who barely even practiced.

P (1) Miller
K (1) Gostkowski
LS (1) Paxton

By now, Gostkowski is old news. I'm starting to think he could outplay Vinatieri (and his bone spurs) this year... which would be alright with me, and would do a lot to reassert BB's "genius" tag.

They must see something in Hill we don't. They aren't afraid to get rid of draft picks like some teams so.......

Mike Reiss posts his 53 in this article, although I come up with 54 as he does not list the ST 3 on his site.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/03/patriots_pick_up_a_receiver/

Quarterback (2): Tom Brady, Matt Cassel
Running back (4): Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans
Wide receiver (6): Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Bam Childress, Doug Gabriel
Tight end (4): Daniel Graham, Benjamin Watson, David Thomas, Garrett Mills
Offensive line (9): Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal, Ryan O'Callaghan, Nick Kaczur, Russ Hochstein, Gene Mruczkowski, Wesley Britt
Defensive line (8): Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green, Johnathan Sullivan, Mike Wright, Marquise Hill, Le Kevin Smith
Inside linebacker (6): Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Don Davis, Eric Alexander
Outside linebacker (3): Rosevelt Colvin, Tully Banta-Cain, Pierre Woods
Cornerback (4): Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Randall Gay, Chad Scott
Safety (5): Eugene Wilson, Rodney Harrison, Artrell Hawkins, James Sanders, Willie Andrews

GJAJ15 said:
Mike Reiss posts his 53 in this article, although I come up with 54 as he does not list the ST 3 on his site.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/03/patriots_pick_up_a_receiver/

Quarterback (2): Tom Brady, Matt Cassel
Running back (4): Corey Dillon, Laurence Maroney, Kevin Faulk, Heath Evans
Wide receiver (6): Deion Branch, Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown, Chad Jackson, Bam Childress, Doug Gabriel
Tight end (4): Daniel Graham, Benjamin Watson, David Thomas, Garrett Mills
Offensive line (9): Matt Light, Logan Mankins, Dan Koppen, Stephen Neal, Ryan O'Callaghan, Nick Kaczur, Russ Hochstein, Gene Mruczkowski, Wesley Britt
Defensive line (8): Richard Seymour, Vince Wilfork, Ty Warren, Jarvis Green, Johnathan Sullivan, Mike Wright, Marquise Hill, Le Kevin Smith
Inside linebacker (6): Mike Vrabel, Junior Seau, Tedy Bruschi, Larry Izzo, Don Davis, Eric Alexander
Outside linebacker (3): Rosevelt Colvin, Tully Banta-Cain, Pierre Woods
Cornerback (4): Asante Samuel, Ellis Hobbs, Randall Gay, Chad Scott
Safety (5): Eugene Wilson, Rodney Harrison, Artrell Hawkins, James Sanders, Willie Andrews

He counts Branch on the roster, even though he really isn't.

1. Four OT's is (and should be) the norm We especially need four since Kaczur is coming back from injuries. While I never thought Britt would make it until Gorin was cut, I had Gorin on the team. O'Callaghan took Gorin's starting spot; Britt took his roster spot.

2. Mruc is Koppen insurance, pure and simple. He's on the inactive bench and is Player 52. He could go any time.

3. Smith is a surprise. I had Hill over Klecko for the Player 53 spot, but keeping both Hill and Smith is a major surprise. Smith could be gone, and to the Practice Squad at any time. Apparently Hill has another year.

4. We need another linebacker. But the linebacker could be Chad Brown.

5. For me, the roster is complete as we start Game 2, and a couple of vets are brought in, with no need to guarantee their salaries. My roster had us bringing back Brown and Poteat (now to replace Smith and Mruc).

6. I had Beisel over Woods, but another linebacker would be even better.

7. Obviously (to some), we needed Branch and/or a free agent. Gabriel is a fine pickup.

rookBoston said:
My biggest surprises in red

QB (2) Brady, Cassel
We all saw it coming.

RB (4) Dillon, Moroney, Faulk, Evans
Some thought that Cobbs had a shot, but I think things have worked out for the best. Somehow, I always feel real confident with Evans on the field.

WR (5) Brown, Caldwell, Gabriel, Jackson, Childress
I think we'll be absolutely fine without Branch, if it comes to that. To be honest, I dont hold out a lot of hope for Caldwell. But I'll be very excited to see Childress and Jackson develop at players in the scheme. I think they will become the next David Givens and Chad Johnson, respectively. Lots of upside here.

TE (4) Graham, Watson, Thomas, Mills
Crush.

OT (4) Light, Kaczur, O'Callaghan, Britt
I'm surprised that Britt made the team, really. This actually adds a twist to the Gorin trade that hadn't really been discussed. Everyone assumed it was O'Callaghan who made Gorin expendable, but if BB was planning to keep 4 OTs, then Britt's performance may have had just as big a role.

OG (3) Mankins, Neal, Mruczkowski
I had picked Stevenson over Mruc. mgteich was taking Mruc. I lost that coin toss. I've got Stevenson as my #1 lock for the PS.

OC (2) Koppen, Hochstein
Never in doubt.

NT (3) Wilfork, Sullivan, Smith
Worth raising an eyebrow at LeKevin making the roster. Keeping this many widebodies makes me think that we'll be playing more 4-3 than recent history has indicated.

DE (5) Seymour, Warren, Green, Wright, Hill
Hill was on the bubble and beat Klecko for the 53rd spot. I dont see how he's going to get on the field, with the depth ahead of him.

OLB (4) Vrabel, Colvin, Banta-Cain, Woods
Woods is the feel good story of the year. Gay, Wright and now Woods. I like the fact that BB gives UDFAs a legitimate shot at making the roster ahead of his draft picks. College players will see this, and it'll make a difference during recruiting. Even thought MV was playing inside recently, I'm certain that he's just playing out of position while Bruschi heals up. Come Week 1, he'll be back at his natural position.

ILB (5) Bruschi, Seau, Alexander, Izzo, Davis
Alexander. What can I say? The stars aligned. I am shocked he actually made the roster. If Gardner hadn't gone to IR, he'd be on the wire. In March, I would never have picked him to beat Beisel for a roster spot-- and now, in retrospect, it wasn't even that close. Still, I dont expect to see much of him in the regular D. He's our new Matt Chatham and, honestly, I'd rather have Chatham.

CB (4) Hobbs, Samuel, Gay, Scott
Hard to say Chad Scott is a surprise with the way BB gushes about him. And Gay was never at much risk, assuming he was healthy. Interesting that we only have two "pure" CBs-- the other two are DBs in a more broad sense.

S (5) Harrison, Wilson, Hawkins, Sanders, Andrews
The surprise at S isn't who's on the list, as who is not. This is the fewest safeties that I've ever had on the 53-man this year. And the difference is the tough loss of Tebucky and Mitchell for the year. Guss Scott is probably gone for good if he cant win the 53rd spot away from Hill, who barely even practiced.

P (1) Miller
K (1) Gostkowski
LS (1) Paxton

By now, Gostkowski is old news. I'm starting to think he could outplay Vinatieri (and his bone spurs) this year... which would be alright with me, and would do a lot to reassert BB's "genius" tag.

with Branch on the roster it is 54...
without him we are at 53...

so ?

is Deion Branch still in the roster now ?

S Mel Mitchell is on IR.

Kdo5 said:
S Mel Mitchell is on IR.

but he was not allready there

but what about Branch ?

is he in or not ?
with him we arrive at 54

Is Ventrone on PUP??? I have seen a few places where on transactions they list Ventrone as PUP 8/30..It is interesting as he would be back when reinforcements might be needed.

My surprises are: Hill and Sullivan

I was positive that Sullivan was out when he was arrested. I guess I was wrong...

italianpatthepatriot said:
with Branch on the roster it is 54...
without him we are at 53...

so ?

is Deion Branch still in the roster now ?

Deion Branch is on the reserve/Did Not Report list and doesn't count against the 53-man roster.

italianpatthepatriot said:
but he was not allready there

but what about Branch ?

is he in or not ?
with him we arrive at 54

Branch is on the RESERVE/DID NOT REPORT list. He is contractually bound to the Patriots, but does not, currently, count against their active roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back