PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Final Mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ochmed Jones

Pro Bowl Player
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
I think this is the most difficult draft ever to figure out what BB is going to do. No specific pure need just screams for attention and so player athletes have similar grades after the first 10-12 picks.
And while I am tempted to put down players that I would love to see the Pats select, the true goal of the mock is to try and look at this draft as BB would.

Last year my mock hinged on Cleveland, if they passed on Wimberly I thought BB would make a bold move. Well Cleveland didn't and BB passed on Lawson in favor of Maroney.

This year my mock draft hinges on Pittsburgh. If they pass on Revis, I would expect BB to move up to #16 and take Revis. (#24 and #28 for #16 and #47)

Which would look like this:
- CB Revis (Pitt)
- RB Leonard (Rut)
- FS Gattis (WF)
- LB DeOssie (Brown)
- OT Otto (Purdue)
- QB Leak (Gators)
- OG Spethenson (Rut)
- TE Boss (West Or)
- NT Toneiana
- SS Dahl (SDS)

However if Pittsburgh or someone sooner jumps on Revis, then I expect BB to wait for the draft to fall to him and move down whenever prudent.

Which would leave us like this.

- LB Harris (Mich)
- FS Merriweather (the U)
- RB Booker (FSU)
- CB R Smith (Gators)
- OT Otto (Purdue)
- QB Leak (Gators)
- OG Stephenson (Rut)
- TE Boss (West OR)
- NT Toeania
- SS Dahl (SDS)

I think this is the most difficult draft ever to figure out what BB is going to do. No specific pure need just screams for attention and so player athletes have similar grades after the first 10-12 picks.
And while I am tempted to put down players that I would love to see the Pats select, the true goal of the mock is to try and look at this draft as BB would.

Last year my mock hinged on Cleveland, if they passed on Wimberly I thought BB would make a bold move. Well Cleveland didn't and BB passed on Lawson in favor of Maroney.

This year my mock draft hinges on Pittsburgh. If they pass on Revis, I would expect BB to move up to #16 and take Revis. (#24 and #28 for #16 and #47)

- CB Revis (Pitt)
- RB Leonard (Rut)
- FS Gattis (WF)
- LB DeOssie (Brown)
- OT Otto (Purdue)
- QB Leak (Gators)
- OG Spethenson (Rut)
- TE Boss (West Or)
- NT Toneiana
- SS Dahl (SDS)

However if Pittsburgh or someone sooner jumps on Revis, then I expect BB to wait for the draft to fall to him and move down whenever prudent.

- LB Harris (Mich)
- RB Booker (FSU)
- CB R Smith (Gators)
- OT Otto (Purdue)
- QB Leak (Gators)
- OG Stephenson (Rut)
- TE Boss (West OR)
- NT Toeania
- SS Dahl (SDS)

That's interesting.

Regarding Ryan Smith, what do you see as his strengths and weaknesses?

- CB Revis (Pitt)
- RB Leonard (Rut)
- FS Gattis (WF)
- LB DeOssie (Brown)
- OT Otto (Purdue)
- QB Leak (Gators)
- OG Spethenson (Rut)
- TE Boss (West Or)
- NT Toneiana
- SS Dahl (SDS)

- LB Harris (Mich)
- RB Booker (FSU)
- CB R Smith (Gators)
- OT Otto (Purdue)
- QB Leak (Gators)
- OG Stephenson (Rut)
- TE Boss (West OR)
- NT Toeania
- SS Dahl (SDS)

Nice, you chose to use the Sebman trade, lol!

I would love to see them trade up and get Revis, provided it doesn't cost both 1st rdrs, allowing them to trade back and recoup picks with #28. I'm glad you are fixed on Toeaina, I believe he will be a starter in the NFL and a second day steal for some team. Gattis and Otto would make me very happy.

I like your second version better. I don't feel like Revis is worth trading up for. I'd take Darius Walker before Booker, but Booker is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back