Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

November 20, 2006
Pats follow

Two quick nuggets to follow up on the Patriots' 35-0 victory over the Packers:

* The Patriots announced today that the FieldTurf surface has been installed at Gillette Stadium and the field crew has started the process of painting the football field lines. The team is inviting members of the media to take photos later on Monday.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 12:47:15 PM

Patriots.com photos, taken by Chris Ferreira:

ImgDyn.cfm

ImgDyn.cfm

ImgDyn.cfm

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Soooo clean!

So not mud and sand.

:D

kurtinelson said:
It looks horrible- so bland. Why don't they paint yard markers and put the patriots emblem in the endzones and at midfield?
It says they are in the PROCESS of it.

kurtinelson said:
It looks horrible- so bland. Why don't they paint yard markers and put the patriots emblem in the endzones and at midfield?

I hope you're joking.

kurtinelson said:
Do you actually think they're going to lay football games on a field with no yardage markers?

Hok said:
Do you actually think they're going to lay football games on a field with no yardage markers?
LMAO.

I think it looks great, I can't wait to see the DL, Brady and Maroney actually getting good footing at home finally.

kurtinelson said:

I chuckled.

I gotta admit it does look good, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :mad:

Hok said:

They're not going the finish in time for Sunday's game. They'll have to play at BC. :D

Hok said:

They're not going the finish in time for Sunday's game. They'll have to play at BC. :D

Willie55 said:
I gotta admit it does look good, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. :mad:

ha ha....yeah, it looks sweet....chicago will also be fast too though....i think it will help more than hurt us...can't wait for the rest of our games at home. Should be fun to watch...

Oh and happy Thanksgiving days boys/girls!

From the announcement on the Revolution's web page:
FieldTurf?s grass fibers are surrounded and stabilized by a special blend of "synthetic earth" - FieldTurf?s patented mixture of smooth, rounded silica sand, rubber granules, and NIKE GRIND made of re-ground athletic shoe material.

The Gillette Stadium FieldTurf will also have temporary lines and markings for both football and soccer, meaning there will not be permanent NFL football lines.

Last edited:
wow, looks much nicer than I would have imagined. my college had the field turf with the black stuff put in about 5 years ago, and it held up pretty well.
will be nice to see them play on it, but it is somewhat sad to see no more grass.... too bad it couldnt be kept up with the high traffic of soccer using the field

Is Vrabel still in charge of putting on the yard markers?:D

The old sod had a heating system under it. Does that remain in place for the field turf?

They are going to have 6 soccer games and 4 concerts before Sundays game in order to break the field in...

kptmorgan04 said:
too bad it couldnt be kept up with the high traffic of soccer using the field

Don't believe that myth. It was the centre of the field between the hash lines that was torn up - this is the area which gets heaviest usage in a football game. Soccer fields have a totally different usage pattern - you would expect to see wear around the goal mouth, in the centre circle, and in the corners.
As the fan of a rugby team who receive constant criticism from the fans of the soccer team we ground share with, I am well used to (and tired of) this argument.

Heard yesterday that this surfaces is harder than most that they have installed, so I guess that it is a very fast track for our team. Should benefit most of our guys, only concern is the D backfield.. not sure they will gain anything from it right now,except better footing. Also read it can handle extraordinary amounts of rain with no effect on the playing field.

Mainefan: The old sod had a heating system under it. Does that remain in place for the field turf?

From all the reports I read, the heating system was below the level of the (grass) turf and earth and still remains there under the new substrata of the field-turf.

So no snow on the field in January. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye