PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Field Pass (internet streaming of NFL games) is back for non-North American viewers

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomezcat

Grumpy Englishman.
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It is partly of interest to the rest of you, as it is a streaming service and, IMHO, points to the way forward. You can watch any game live, as long as it doesn't interfere with your local TV contract. If a game does clash, there is a facility to watch it any time in the next 48 hours. In fact, you can watch as many games as you want in that 48 hour period. But then, I would get fired and my welfare check wouldn't cover it, not to mention the loss of my relationship and impending homelesness that would result.

I suspect that it will be coming to a United States near you at some point. It did have some glitches last year, but if you have decent ADSL, it's pretty good. Unfortunately, they don't cover the playoffs at the moment, but I suspect that will come later. It isn't cheap, though
http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2528

Re: Field Pass (internet streaming of NFL games) is back for Non North American viewe

It is partly of interest to the rest of you, as it is a streaming service and, IMHO, points to the way forward. You can watch any game live, as long as it doesn't interfere with your local TV contract. If a game does clash, there is a facility to watch it any time in the next 48 hours. In fact, you can watch as many games as you want in that 48 hour period. But then, I would get fired and my welfare check wouldn't cover it, not to mention the loss of my relationship and impending homelesness that would result.
I suspect that it will be coming to a United States near you at some point. It did have some glitches last year, but if you have decent ADSL, it's pretty good. Unfortunately, they don't cover the playoffs at the moment, but I suspect that will come later. It isn't cheap, though
http://www.nfluk.com/news-display.php?id=2528

If the NFL is really serious about internationalizing itself, it will make sure that this service works 100 per cent and that it is available at a reasonable price (note: the more subscribers you have, the more your advertisers connect with an international audience).

Re: Field Pass (internet streaming of NFL games) is back for Non North American viewe

If the NFL is really serious about internationalizing itself, it will make sure that this service works 100 per cent and that it is available at a reasonable price (note: the more subscribers you have, the more your advertisers connect with an international audience).
Agree.

NFLGamePass is great if you dont have other ways to watch the games. It´s too expensive though for people not to look for other alternatives if they want to watch the games live.

Last season I signed up for a few weeks where the Patriots weren´t on live tv and I couldn´t find an alternative stream. It worked fine but my broadband is fast enough for me to be able to watch the games at 1200kbps (their highest quality). However Yahoo was not able to provide the streams at such high rate then the games were played. I had to settle for 700kbps which is also i pretty good quality but it would have been nice with 1200 which is almost tv-quality.

But with this service I was able to watch all the games live last season in one way or another. Before I usually missed one or two Pats games, so how can I complain. It definitely makes it easier being an overseas fan.

I agree with you both about the price and with your comment about the quality, Patsgirl. It is a little cheaper at the moment for us in the UK, because the pound is so strong against the dollar. That said, I'm not complaining too much because I remember the 80s when weekly Football coverage consisted of two highlights packages, a couple of papers and American Forces Network on Long Wave. To be able to watch every non-playoff game I choose is a true blessing.

You mean Game Pass, not Field Pass. This is my third year with Field Pass. It is audio only, and very cheap.

I like it because I can listen to Gil And Geno call the game (it's easy to synch their voice with TIVO-like Comcast DVR), and I get total silence during commericals.

You mean Game Pass, not Field Pass. This is my third year with Field Pass. It is audio only, and very cheap.

I like it because I can listen to Gil And Geno call the game (it's easy to synch their voice with TIVO-like Comcast DVR), and I get total silence during commericals.

Yes, sorry- Game Pass. I do like Gil and Geno's commentary and will be using it if the Pats make the playoffs.

Last edited:
Re: Field Pass (internet streaming of NFL games) is back for non-North American viewe

The price would be more reasonable if games were archived for longer. 48 hours is better than last year, but it's still a bit mean. What's wrong with a week?

Re: Field Pass (internet streaming of NFL games) is back for non-North American viewe

yayyyyy

GO NFLUK!!!

IT RULES!!!

good to see other members on this forum.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes