PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Field Conditions & Weather @ Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! Doen't look good. I do feel this favors the Bears as it has to slow down our offense. We better get 7 and not try and kick field goals.

How does this favor the bears? Cutler is going to have to throw the ball to ya know? They aren't gonna run it 75 times. Pats run defense is top 15 too. Brady will throw a pick, but cutler will throw 5.

This game is a complete tossup and should favor no one right now. A random 60 mph gust during a punt could change the outcome.

I am not worried about Brady but i am worried about our rookies.

I just hope no one gets hurt today. Conditions like these can be tricky to manage, I'm sure. Running on a slippery field full of icy-grass, wind beating you down until you become mentally and physically tired, etc... It just seems like the possibility of people making mistakes is pretty high. I hope no one from either team hurts themselves trying to slog through this.

Stay healthy!!

There will be no real kicking game today....games this i hate because sometimes the better team does not win due to a backwards punt or a kickoff going 20 yards...i am nervous! oh well GO PATS

Weather doesnt favor either team. This isn't Miami we're talking about - Both teams play in terrible winter conditions.

Anyways, Here's a live camera of chicago (its covered in snow at the moment).

EarthCam - Chicago Cam

How does this favor the bears? Cutler is going to have to throw the ball to ya know? They aren't gonna run it 75 times. Pats run defense is top 15 too. Brady will throw a pick, but cutler will throw 5.

This game is a complete tossup and should favor no one right now. A random 60 mph gust during a punt could change the outcome.

With our passing prowess, I think it hurts us more. It allows the Bears to cheat more towards the run and it should lower our scoring output. Just my 2 cents.

Aaron Hernandez will be used as an H-back out of the backfield. Bill has already been using other players as

blockers out of the backfield. In my opinion Belichick is already prepared for today and some of the plays

have already been run. Fred Taylor looked super slow last week - I am not expecting him to do much today

but I would be very happy to be wrong on that one.

Last edited:
ESPN stats has some good info on the Reiss blog.

Stats analysis: Factoring in the weather - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"Short-passing game favors New England

NEXT-LEVEL: Chicago’s defense has been a sieve on passes of 10 yards or fewer in cold weather over the past three seasons, as they’ve allowed a 67.2 completion percentage, 6 TD, 2 Int and a first down every 3.3 attempts. Tom Brady is actually BETTER on passes of 10 yards or fewer in cold-weather games (129.2 passer rating and averaging a TD every 9.8 attempts) than he is when the temperature exceeds 30 degrees (106.0 passer rating, a TD every 23.3 attempts). "

That doesn't matter. No Urlacher all last season...No Peppers...different animal today.

I am not worried about Brady but i am worried about our rookies.

See the siggy. :D

Good to see people out and about. But as a Mass. person, gotta laugh a bit seeing people actually waiting for the light to change before they cross.;)

Very true. Those midwesterners and their regard for traffic signals.

Good to see people out and about. But as a Mass. person, gotta laugh a bit seeing people actually waiting for the light to change before they cross.;)

They have some strange customs in the mid-west. For example they are totally clueless about R's. They leave it silent in words like sodar (which they call pop) or idear, but add one to words like muddah or cah.

They have some strange customs in the mid-west. For example they are totally clueless about R's. They leave it silent in words like sodar (which they call pop) or idear, but add one to words like muddah or cah.

Yup.... they seem to think that "wicked" is somehow associated with evil and/or bad.

Cutler has a stronger arm than Brady. He has experience playing in Soldier Field and Brady does not. It doesn't matter if the Patsies have been told to take "small, choppy steps" as previously mentioned by a New England poster. Until the Patriots play in full game speed against Peppers and Co. it does not matter what they have been told...

Cutler has a stronger arm than Brady. He has experience playing in Soldier Field and Brady does not. It doesn't matter if the Patsies have been told to take "small, choppy steps" as previously mentioned by a New England poster. Until the Patriots play in full game speed against Peppers and Co. it does not matter what they have been told...

Whats the difference between Solider Field and Gillette? Its snowy and cold in both places. Under BB the Pats are 9-0 in snow games, I'd look for that trend to continue today.

Lol thats gonna be everywhere around the US.. leave us be.. BAWWWWston.

:D

I think the most bizarre thing they have are the highway entrance ramp traffic meters designed to limit highway traffic:
220px-Ramp_meter_from_Miller_Park_Way_to_I-94_east_in_Milwaukee.jpg
rampmeter-196x300.jpg
images

They even run them in 2 lanes alternating the light on each side and people obey it!

I can't even imagine what people here would do. I mean for god's sake, we have legalized driving in breakdown lanes on some highways and have you seen what people do on the Jamaica Way??

Last edited:
Whats the difference between Solider Field and Gillette? Its snowy and cold in both places. Under BB the Pats are 9-0 in snow games, I'd look for that trend to continue today.

It's game day and you don't know the differences of Soldier Field and Gillette yet? Wow, you are lucky that I will do your homework for you. Gillette has a field that is like playing on a putting green. Soldier Field has a field that comes up in clumps, gives away and does not provide good footing, and is like playing in 3 inches of mud.

Last edited:
I'm starting to think Brady is immune to the elements. Regardless of wind,temp or field conditions he usually figures it out. I predict 200+ yards with some scores. However there is a real possibility his games without an interception streak will end with the wet ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes