PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Field Conditions & Weather @ Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
All teams have their low-class scumbags, so let's not imply the entire city is like that. I can't think of a single Bears fan that condones that crap. What those morons did was a disgrace to our city, our team and our fans.

I have nothing against you ChiFan, you are a good sort. It was pretty wide spread, it wasn't a isolated incident, there are a 1000 of these links.

snopes.com: Bears Finishing What Katrina Started

I have my own stories from being there for the game. I can only guarantee 2 things. This would never happen in our Dome, and its never to late to change.

I believe you mean what you say, so pass it on, and protect/defend the other patriots fans that will be showing for the game. We would.

Ask the Seahawks as reference or any team we played this year. Sportsmanship is very important, football is a family sport.
http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=24658&p=301446&hilit=new+orleans#p301446

Last edited:
I have nothing against you ChiFan, you are a good sort. It was pretty wide spread, it wasn't a isolated incident, there are a 1000 of these links.

snopes.com: Bears Finishing What Katrina Started

I have my own stories from being there for the game. I can only guarantee 2 things. This would never happen in our Dome, and its never to late to change.

I believe you mean what you say, so pass it on, and protect/defend the other patriots fans that will be showing for the game. We would.

It just dawned on me that we aren't even talking about the same game. You're talking about the NFC Championship in 2006. I was talking about the 2008 game. Wondered why I didn't see any of the "wide spread" crap you are talking about.

And pherein, you may be a good sort as well, but you can't guarantee sh*t about your fans. You have zero control over 60,000 people that have consumed alcohol. While we all would like to believe our fans would never act like idiots, the reality is that they do. Everywhere, at some time, at some place, someone screws it up for everyone else. So your comment that it's never too late to change is a little sanctimonious and a broad sh*tty sweep at Bears fans.

As for abused Pats fans, let's not get melodramatic. This isn't a UCLA/USC game. Visitors won't be stabbed. Maybe heckled, but hey....that's football. Stay out of opposing stadiums if you are going to cry like a b*tch.

Hunting is an interesting thing to study. I don't hunt, but am a avid fisherman.
Tho I do believe the same principles apply, or give you a better chance for a successful outing. Bait is the key unless you want to cast all night with a shallow hook and believe in chance. The best bait is simple and close to the hook.

Just a tip

I Everywhere, at some time, at some place, someone screws it up for everyone else. So your comment that it's never too late to change is a little sanctimonious and a broad sh*tty sweep at Bears fans.

That's not true. While I don't recall the incidents at the Bear-Saints games. I do remember watching two Saint games on TV in 2005. @ Panthers and a Saints "home game" held in Giants Stadium vs the Giants.

The Panthers fans gave the Saints a standing ovation when the visiting team Saints were introduced. With multiple signs of support for the victims of the flood being held by folks wearing Panther colors. Much like the welcome the Yankees got when visiting Fenway for their first game there after 9/11. It is proably that at least one Panther fan booed. But it was pretty clear thru the speakers of my TV how the behavior of the majority of the crowd felt.

OTOH the "home" team Saints had cups of beer thrown at them when jogging out onto the field at the start of the game and to an sea of boos. Once again I am sure a couple of fans didn't boo or make an ***** out of themselves. But it was pretty obvious thru my TV that the majority of Giants fans are d-bags.

So I completely reject your proposition that fans are the same everywhere with some good and some bad. I would much rather be a visiting fan @Greenbay then @Oakland.

I don't believe anyone other the Colts fans have ever booed the children who won the punt, pass, kick competition.

Last edited:
ESPN stats has some good info on the Reiss blog.

Stats analysis: Factoring in the weather - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

"Short-passing game favors New England

NEXT-LEVEL: Chicago’s defense has been a sieve on passes of 10 yards or fewer in cold weather over the past three seasons, as they’ve allowed a 67.2 completion percentage, 6 TD, 2 Int and a first down every 3.3 attempts. Tom Brady is actually BETTER on passes of 10 yards or fewer in cold-weather games (129.2 passer rating and averaging a TD every 9.8 attempts) than he is when the temperature exceeds 30 degrees (106.0 passer rating, a TD every 23.3 attempts). "

weather here sucks. just took my dog out he was blowing all over the place. it stopped snowing but is supposed to start again at 10am and then continue up though 12am tomorrow. I stopped looking after that.

I don't care what the weather is, if the pats lose im going to be frustrated. Lovie is a dogcrap coach and the pats have experience playing in this weather.

I still want short passes

weather here sucks. just took my dog out he was blowing all over the place. it stopped snowing but is supposed to start again at 10am and then continue up though 12am tomorrow. I stopped looking after that.

I don't care what the weather is, if the pats lose im going to be frustrated. Lovie is a dogcrap coach and the pats have experience playing in this weather.

I still want short passes

He must be very popular.

People keep saying the PATs have experience playing in this weather, but don't consider that we have so many young guys on this team who have not played in such a condition before....
In such a weather, I think advantage bears.

Tom Brady is the best foul-weather QB in league. You guys need to relax, and let's see how this game pans out....

Well, watching NFLN right now, I'm hoping those nasty conditions wont affect all the rooks who may not have experienced it.

It's funny. Last week I was watching a bit of the Miami game, thinking it would be strange to go to a game in December wearing a polo shirt.

crazy weather day.

I love watching football make no mistake, but we want to ensure people are safe out there.

..but i am looking forward to watching an old fashioned, weather game!

My feeling is that the Pats were going in with a gameplan of of mainly short passes and the run... they can still do that in this weather.

The Chicago pass defense not being the best though without the wind I'd expect to see a deep toss or two to Hernandez or Branch... I don't think we'll see that and I expect the Bears defense will be a bit tighter for the team's short game.

Still, I think you'll still see plenty of completions by Brady.

According to Breer on NFLN the field is covered, has been since Thursday. They are clearing the tarp of snow for removal expecting about 6 inches to fall between now and 5PM when it should taper off. Gusts expected to 45. Windchill in single digits. Bears think the field conditions will be their salvation. Everyone has been told to take small choppy steps. I hope BB remembers to prepare his team for situational football...:rolleyes:

People keep saying the PATs have experience playing in this weather, but don't consider that we have so many young guys on this team who have not played in such a condition before....
In such a weather, I think advantage bears.

Better they deal with it for the first time now in a regular season game vs an NFC opponent than in the AFCCG or Divisional Round.

Wow! Doen't look good. I do feel this favors the Bears as it has to slow down our offense. We better get 7 and not try and kick field goals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back