PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Field Conditions & Weather @ Chicago

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am stoked if there is going to be snow for tomorrows game. I don't know what it is about snow but it just makes the game more exciting. Probably because it changes team's game plans and strategies. We also have Tom Brady.

I also love bad weather football. Pretty cool watching a game played in a driving rainstorm also.
Maybe we love it because it reminds us of how much fun it was to play in those conditions when we were kids.

There will be 8 inches falling tomorrow. Wind gusts of up to 55 mph and weather steadily dropping throughout the day.

Chicago has one of the best Run D's in the NFL. And the last time I checked, the Patriots didn't have Adrian Peterson who was OWNED by the Bears earlier this year.

I'm curious, George. Will you show up here on Monday, win or lose? All season long, we've had fans from other teams, some talk smack, some strategies, the good ones come back, even after a loss.

I've seen a lot of discussion about the wind on Sunday. Can one of the Chicago posters talk about the wind paterns in Soldier Field? Thanks.

The wind swirls big time at Soldier Field. The flags may be whipping at the north end and hanging straight down at the south end. The wind seems to come over the north, northwest off the lake.

Maybe we love it because it reminds us of how much fun it was to play in those conditions when we were kids.

You are so right. I loved it best playing snow or mud.

as bb said in his usual classic response this week " We wont be needing the suntan lotion this week"

There will be 8 inches falling tomorrow. Wind gusts of up to 55 mph and weather steadily dropping throughout the day.

Chicago has one of the best Run D's in the NFL. And the last time I checked, the Patriots didn't have Adrian Peterson who was OWNED by the Bears earlier this year.

You have the 2nd best run stopping D behind Pittsburgh. You give up 20 more yards than they do, and BJGE hung 96 yards on them.

weather is going to be terrible there....i love football in the snow but for some reason i get more nervous when the pats play in it. Maybe its turnovers and just the slowness that scares me.

You have the 2nd best run stopping D behind Pittsburgh. You give up 20 more yards than they do, and BJGE hung 96 yards on them.

Plus, if the Patriots are wearing white jerseys, then Woody and BJGE might just get lost in the snow and roll right by them... :rocker:

Plus, if the Patriots are wearing white jerseys, then Woody and BJGE might just get lost in the snow and roll right by them... :rocker:

Actually that could be more of an adv on defense. How often do you hear a qb that threw an int explain it by saying "i just didn't see that guy"

Actually that could be more of an adv on defense. How often do you hear a qb that threw an int explain it by saying "i just didn't see that guy"

Was'nt Tenn. wearing white last year..... Just sayin.

Special teams and turnovers will be specific areas of focus for me. Those wind gusts whether 45 or 55mph will probably come into play in the kicking game especially not just for the kicks themselves but the slick ball being harder to catch or hold on to.

Last edited:
I am very nervous about this game. Ridiculous wind (like 50 mph) can render the passing game irrelevant for both teams. Remember the Jet game in Foxboro 2-3 years ago in December. Both teams just ran and punted all game. (we won by 3 I think).

So I am worried about our passing advantage being grounded.

The Bears can run, and friction B Spikes is now out for the most likely running game of the year?

On top of all this, the sod is new and sloppy, which TB doesn't like. He'll we got a new FieldTurf field after the last time he played on slop in Foxboro.

our advantages will be minimized. It will be trench warfare I fear.

-- FRITZ

I am very nervous about this game. Ridiculous wind (like 50 mph) can render the passing game irrelevant for both teams. Remember the Jet game in Foxboro 2-3 years ago in December. Both teams just ran and punted all game. (we won by 3 I think).

So I am worried about our passing advantage being grounded.

The Bears can run, and friction B Spikes is now out for the most likely running game of the year?

On top of all this, the sod is new and sloppy, which TB doesn't like. He'll we got a new FieldTurf field after the last time he played on slop in Foxboro.

our advantages will be minimized. It will be trench warfare I fear.

-- FRITZ

I think you mean Buffalo(I think). The field goal tries were kind of like when I hit a Driver, banana ball. Which is not good, as we don't have a power kicker, they do.

The home crowd will most likely not be a big help for the bears, either fans will not make it to the game or it will be to cold to yell to loud.I feel for those in the storm. Weird because it will be 90 here in San Diego.

Looks like a heavy dose of BJGE in the snow. I would expect his one cut/north style running is the best for snow.

Law Firm & Toes Taylor......

This is exactly the kind of game that Taylor earned his stripes with. His production may be the key to winning this game. Back him up with BJGE, Woodhead and Morris for a change-up and we might be able to give Chicago a steady dose of running to wear down their defense.

That sort of pounding also opens up the Play-Action for both short passes and screens. I'm looking for a very positive appearance by the Patriots.

The home crowd will most likely not be a big help for the bears, either fans will not make it to the game or it will be to cold to yell to loud.I feel for those in the storm. Weird because it will be 90 here in San Diego.

C'mon, man. Do you know Bears fans AT ALL? An elite team is coming to Chicago to test our defense. There won't be an empty seat there and every last Bear fan will be hoarse come Monday morning. (whether from cheering or swearing remains to be seen....lol)

A couple years ago we played the Saints and it was -6 degrees. None of us left! Soldier Field was packed! Nothing like a great game and plenty of beer to keep a person in sub zero temps....lol

C'mon, man. Do you know Bears fans AT ALL? An elite team is coming to Chicago to test our defense. There won't be an empty seat there and every last Bear fan will be hoarse come Monday morning. (whether from cheering or swearing remains to be seen....lol)

A couple years ago we played the Saints and it was -6 degrees. None of us left! Soldier Field was packed! Nothing like a great game and plenty of beer to keep a person in sub zero temps....lol

It was -10 with 30-40 mph gust, and the field was frozen solid, and yes we remember the welcome we received very well. And yes it will be packed, with what I have a pretty good idea.

Marathon Pundit: Rude Chicago Bears fans insult Katrina victims

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back