Welcome to PatsFans.com

Field and Stream on Bush's energy plan

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Patters, Apr 13, 2006.

1. Patters

Patters Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +142 / 1 / -4

http://www.fieldandstream.com/fieldstream/columnists/conservation/article/0,13199,489794,00.html

Rod and gun in hand, and backing the Second Amendment right to own firearms, President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney have won the hearts of America�s sportsmen. Yet the two men have failed to protect outdoor sports on the nation�s public lands. With deep ties to the oil and gas industry, Bush and Cheney have unleashed a national energy plan that has begun to destroy hunting and fishing on millions of federal acres throughout the West, setting back effective wildlife management for decades to come.

Read the whole article. It offers a number of interesting examples of how harmful the Republican policies are.
  2. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ruh-roh. Now even the gun crowd is turning on him.
  3. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

I guess the disaproval rate is now 62%, where did all the capital go???
  4. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I remember when Clinton was going through impeachment. It was rough defending him any time the subject of politics came up amongst friends and quasi friends. But even then I had a pretty good track record to pull from and I could always cite his high approval rating.

I would hate to be a Republican trying to defend this crew. Based on some of the posts I've seen here, they seem to be 1-Very edgy and 2-Running out of things to talk about other than name calling.
  5. All_Around_Brown

All_Around_Brown Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

They should be edgy. The way things are going, they may find themselves thrown out of power for a generation.
  6. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Patsfan13 I found a thread about bush's energy policy, lets work on this one.
    Since he's the current president and set americas energy policy with cheney.
    We can go from mavericks petrol dollar thread to patters bush energy policy.
    Here's links to BRAZILS ENERGY POLICY.....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ethanol_fuel_in_Brazil

http://www.commondreams.org/views05/0417-23.htm

http://yaleglobal.yale.edu/display.article?id=6817

America and oil
    http://www.americanenergyindependence.com/
    Last edited: Aug 12, 2006
  7. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exxon-Mobil Profits jump 36 %
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/07/27/D8J4BVPO1.html

And Bush is mining for the precious energy to help america be energy independent.
    http://www.lazygranch.com/nosepic.htm
  8. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +150 / 3 / -19

And layered on this whole argument is the quest for drilling more oil on the North Slope, which is being colored by the BP revelation that its pipes are rotting from the inside. I do not think they should drill on the N slope, the focus should be on conservation and alternatives, however if passed( this adm has a way of getting what it wants) it has to be done with the utmost concern for the environment.
  9. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Eh, I guess the yellow-bellied Boll Weevils of Colorado will have to look both ways before crossing the mining road. I'm willing to make certain sacrifices for energy independence, and to be frank, this one seems like a little one. Coal and Natural gas are what we have, and this is where they are. I'm willing to sacrifice my AC to prevent WWIII, but not to save some silly little animal.
  10. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

So what is the Field and Stream editorial staff proposing to do to lessen our dependence of foreign oil?

It is a shame that so in the Senate fillibuster any attempts to develop any of our domestic energy sources, and prevent votes on the Presidents energy proposals.
  11. Tunescribe

Tunescribe PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

This is one of the most classically moronic statements I've ever seen anywhere on this messageboard. Don't tell me, let me guess: You voted for Bush, right? People who think like you bother me, but those who actually put it in writing genuinely frighten me.
  12. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Vote for Bush?

moi?

You don't really pay attention much around here do you?

So what exactly are we going to do about energy? You're the reason the nitwitcons here can gain any traction at all with their gibberish. Nothing is good enough for you. Every solution that isn't win, win, win in every aspect is not acceptable. If I had to choose between the mess we've got in the ME or some friggin' hunter not being able to walk 50 miles through uninterrupted, pristine widerness. I know which one I'd choose.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2005
  13. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

Yup, you've already made it clear: KILL THE ANIMALS SO I CAN RUN MY AIR CONDITIONER! ENVIRONMENT BE DAMNED! Actually, there are unexplored alternatives like wind, solar, more nuclear ... But it appears they haven't crossed your radar screen yet.
  14. Blue Collar

Blue Collar Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Have you read about brazil and ethanol and reducing oil consumption?

A THIRD WORLD country overhauling it's energy policy to become less dependent on foreign OIL.. LESS money going towards mid east oil producing countries that fund madrasses and terror.
  15. patsfan13

patsfan13 Hall of Fame Poster PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +107 / 7 / -10

Yes I have heard about Brazil and their efforts. In the US as opposed to deriving the fuel from sugar cane, using sawgrass would be the way to go far cheaper to produce that ethanol derived from corn.

Bush has had V Kholsa to the WH to talk about this and is quite enthused about it. Hopefully the dems in the Seante won't filibuster another energy bill. We need to develo ALL our energy resources. These is a very promising technology being developed in Utah to convert Tar Sands to fuel for ~$20/bbl without using a slurry process and the attendant pollution also the leftover materials (after the fuel extraction) is inert.
  16. sdaniels7114

sdaniels7114 Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

Why would you call those three unexplored? We've been trying for decades to get them to work effectively, so far no joy. All I'm saying is that the world isn't all sunshine and lolipops. Sacrifices have to be made. The way I see it is we can go back to the 17th century, we can continue towards WW3 in the Middle East or we can use what we have, even if a few bunnies end up getting a little stressed because there's an access road 200 yards away from their bunny hole.
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 19, 2005
  17. Tunescribe

Ratings:
    +414 / 5 / -9

#61 Jersey

And why do you that that might be? (Hint: Republican oil interests.)