PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FF trade proposal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alk

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Sorry to all of you anti-fantasy football types but there really isn't a forum dedicated to this topic. I just had a trade offered to me. This guy wants to take Vick off of my hands in exchange for Brees and Drew Bennett. I was about to pull the trigger but stopped and thought about it for a second. I think Brees will probably be almost as good as Vick but Bennett has me concerned, nobody even knows which qb is going to be throwing him the ball? I noticed the guy has Andre Johnson on his team too. Should I make a counter offer with Johnson instead of Bennett or do you guys think Bennett is going to have a decent season?

How many points are Passing TD's? Assuming they are 6 I would only do the trade if you can get Andre Johnson. I'm not a big Bennett fan and even more importantly I'm not a big fan of his QB'S.

Last edited:
Johnson probably will be much better and if you can get him to give Johnson up you'll be in a better position I'd think. If not, you can always go back to Bennett. I dont think you can lose with either trade. Bennett's the number one there and I think Collins will be able to get him the ball.

Ceresco said:
How many points are Passing TD's? Assuming they are 6 I would only do the trade if you can get Andre Johnson. I'm not a big Bennett fan and even more importantly I'm not a big fan of his QB'S.
That was my thinking too, he's had one good season but on the other hand, it's pretty much the same situation with Johnson. Another option is Lee Evans.

Alk said:
That was my thinking too, he's had one good season but on the other hand, it's pretty much the same situation with Johnson. Another option is Lee Evans.

If you can get Lee Evans I would do it in a heart beat. Bills suck they will be trying to comeback from behind a lot which means more throwing. Losman isn't a good QB but he throws a great deep ball which seems to hook up with the speedy Lee Evans more often than not.

Last edited:
NEM said:
Dump Vick.......
Oh believe me, I will. This was an automated draft so I just got stuck with him but IMO it's a good thing. Alot of FF guys are in love with Vick so he can really bring a premium. Case in point, I really didn't need a WR so I made a counteroffer Vick and Jamal Lewis for Brees and Steven Jackson.

Last edited:
FF corrupts the mind and soul. and the players involved in the trade are lousy.

Alk said:
Oh believe me, I will. This was an automated draft so I just got stuck with him but IMO it's a good thing. Alot of FF guys are in love with Vick so he can really bring a premium. Case in point, I really didn't need a WR so I made a counteroffer Vick and Jamal Lewis for Brees and Steven Jackson.

there ya go
if he does that its a good move
tell me your whole team
and inform us on the settings
is it public league settings, ppr?(point per reception), how many yards per point?
whos ur te, whos ur def
do you only start one qb?

MrBigglesWorth said:
FF corrupts the mind and soul. and the players involved in the trade are lousy.

ya it does
and it makes u root for guys against ur team to do well
for instance i want a shutout tomorrow, but i want lee evans to tear it up ( i have him in like three leagues, including money league)

its def a distratction and corrupts everything

BUT ITS FUN AS HELL!!!!!!

Brees is going to have a huge year with all the weapons he has on the o this year in N.O.

Try and go with AJ, he should have a big year, now that the texans have a solid #2 WR

Well, the trade has been finalized.

He gets: Michael Vick and Jamal Lewis

I get: Steven Jackson and Drew Brees

I think I did alright in that trade.

Bump. Thoughts? Did I do good on this trade?

You robbed him, Congrats!

Alk said:
Well, the trade has been finalized.

He gets: Michael Vick and Jamal Lewis

I get: Steven Jackson and Drew Brees

I think I did alright in that trade.

That's a tremendous trade in your favor. Jackson is a stud, and Brees is at least a solid backup, and might put up starter's numbers. Vick is too up and down (trying to move him myself right now) and Lewis may or may not return to form. At the very least, he won't be as consistent as Jackson likely will be.

Richter said:
That's a tremendous trade in your favor. Jackson is a stud, and Brees is at least a solid backup, and might put up starter's numbers. Vick is too up and down (trying to move him myself right now) and Lewis may or may not return to form. At the very least, he won't be as consistent as Jackson likely will be.
Yeah, Palmer is my starter so all I really needed was a packup. This was an automated draft so I just wound up with Vick but I might start drafting him from now on. There's always one person in a league that is infatuated with him and will trade the farm to get him. One thing I am beginning to wonder is if I should have shipped Lamont Jordan instead of Lewis.

cant beat my team:
Kurt Warner
Larry Johnson
Rudi Johnson
Plexico Burress
Joey Galloway
Randy Mcmichael
Jeff Wilkins
Bengals

Easily won that first game against the guy who started vick, and Edjy James :p

Alk said:
Yeah, Palmer is my starter so all I really needed was a packup. This was an automated draft so I just wound up with Vick but I might start drafting him from now on. There's always one person in a league that is infatuated with him and will trade the farm to get him. One thing I am beginning to wonder is if I should have shipped Lamont Jordan instead of Lewis.

i wouldnt worry about lamont - he wont do to bad fantasy wise with brooks imo

fleabassist1 said:
cant beat my team:
Kurt Warner
Larry Johnson
Rudi Johnson
Plexico Burress
Joey Galloway
Randy Mcmichael
Jeff Wilkins
Bengals

Easily won that first game against the guy who started vick, and Edjy James :p
Christ, Wilkins probably just about won that game for you single-handedly...or footedly (I doubt that's a word)

Alk said:
Christ, Wilkins probably just about won that game for you single-handedly...or footedly (I doubt that's a word)

Well, no... Warner had 3 TD, 0 int, and 300 yards... while rudi and larry both made 14 - 15 points... i was expecting to win against the guy with james and vick... but wilkins made it a blowout... 113 - 65 i believe

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes