PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fellow Pats fans..whats your greatest Pats memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another great memory I have is from 1974 and a win against the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings had a great team then NFC champs and aways much better in the reg. season then the Super Bowl (much like the Bills in the 90's). It was in Minnesota and the Pats won on the last play of the game Plunkett hit Bob Windsor, a tight end, for a 10 yard TD pass. That was the first great win I can remember and I loved them ever since.

Another great memory I have is from 1974 and a win against the Minnesota Vikings. The Vikings had a great team then NFC champs and aways much better in the reg. season then the Super Bowl (much like the Bills in the 90's). It was in Minnesota and the Pats won on the last play of the game Plunkett hit Bob Windsor, a tight end, for a 10 yard TD pass. That was the first great win I can remember and I loved them ever since.

That was the day 9 year old Shmessy became a Pats fan forever! Watching on the black and white set in my childhood home den.

If I recall, Windsor tore up his knee stretching for the endzone on that game winning TD and was never the same ever again.

That win was incomprehensible at the time. I think going into that game the Pats were something like 3-0 when in previous years had been nothing more than a minor league team out of place in the NFL. To go into Minny and beat the Purple People Eaters was crazy.

Of course, they came down to earth after that and finished 7-7.

That was the day 9 year old Shmessy became a Pats fan forever! Watching on the black and white set in my childhood home den.

If I recall, Windsor tore up his knee stretching for the endzone on that game winning TD and was never the same ever again.

That win was incomprehensible at the time. I think going into that game the Pats were something like 3-0 when in previous years had been nothing more than a minor league team out of place in the NFL. To go into Minny and beat the Purple People Eaters was crazy.

Of course, they came down to earth after that and finished 7-7.

Wow I was 9 years old too. I remember that year having injury after injury and losing two heart breakers to Buffalo.

Has to be the last seconds of superbowl 36.

My joy there, though, was not instantaneous. I couldn't believe they were actually going to let that much time go off the clock. Maybe it's the Red Sox fan in me, but for about 10 seconds, I was thinking that the refs were going to get together and give the Rams 2 seconds or something. Once I saw the confetti and the refs running toward the tunnel, I relaxed.

Has to be the last seconds of superbowl 36.

My joy there, though, was not instantaneous. I couldn't believe they were actually going to let that much time go off the clock. Maybe it's the Red Sox fan in me, but for about 10 seconds, I was thinking that the refs were going to get together and give the Rams 2 seconds or something. Once I saw the confetti and the refs running toward the tunnel, I relaxed.

For me it was once I glimpsed Paxton in the lower right hand corner doing the confetti angels.

My greatest Pats memory?

Super Bowl 42 in Arizona.

Last edited:
It is 1985, I think, and the Patsies have just gotten into the playoffs. The goal posts are being torn down, soon some poor bastard carrying them will hit a power line. Me and my buddy are sitting on the logo at the 50 yard line, smoking a bone, and watching the whole scene. Hard to believe that its 30+ years later and I can still see the goal posts going down and I can still hear the crowd roar.

That day was the day.

having them annouce bob kraft has purshased the team, witout that nothing else happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes