PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fellow Pats fans..whats your greatest Pats memory

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah....I keep blotting that out of my mind

Grogs jump started the team during the regular season and broke his leg in late November, right?

I just hate that little *** Eason....rolling up into a ball in Supe XX

Besides the Snow Bowl and SB36 which changed everything as a fan.
1974 NE VS. Minnesota with Plunkett to Bob Windsor with seconds remaining for the TD and the win.
1985 Playoff win against the Raiders. any playoff win against the Faiders is great.
1985 Squish the Fish
1994 win against Minnesota with Bledsoe unbelievable in the second half of that game.

I cannot pick just one:

Best game in old Foxboro Stadium:

Snowbowl Vs Raiders

Best regular season home game:

I have three all tied for first:

2002 banner game Vs Pittsburgh
2003 Miami Snow game
2005 banner game Vs Indy

Best Superbowl:

I cannot choose amongst my three top all time Patriot moments, it's like choosing amongst ones children. I was lucky enough to be there to see them all in person and I love all three equally.

Pats Fanatic said:
1974 NE VS. Minnesota with Plunkett to Bob Windsor with seconds remaining for the TD and the win.

I remember watching that game at a friend's house. We were making so much noise cheering for the Pats that his mother left the house for a couple of hours for some peace and quiet. The entire game was tremendous with both teams playing some great football. The catch that Windsor made was a classic. Unfortunately he tore up his knee when stretching to go over the goal line during that play. I don't think he ever played again.

All of the above +

U2 singing Beautiful Day at halftime

The Defense in the 2001 Superbowl. They gave their heart and soul in that game and for more than 3 quarters played perfect football against "the greatest show on turf." I believe that defense from 2001 put on a performance better than anything I've ever seen in football. It was very exciting, given the long odds and the mighty weapons that the Rams had. (Brady's final drive and Adam's final kick also rank high in the list of favorite Pats memories.)

1. Vinatieri's 45 yarder in the snow in '01 vs the Raiders

2. Final seconds of Super Bowl 36 when the Patriots were finally put on the map

3. Bryan Cox's hit on Jerome Pathon vs the Colts in week 3 of 01 to set the tone of how the pats played

4. The entire 4th quarter of Super Bowl 38 (Carolina was by far the Pats best Super Bowl opponent during this run)

5. Drew leading us back in the MINNESOTA GAME!

Flying Fungi said:
U2 singing Beautiful Day at halftime

And Ozzy singing Crazy Train! :D

ozzy-nfl2005.jpg

Ty Law's interception in SB 36 and of course Adam's kick, crying on the phone with my mom when the kick went through.

Rodney crying with his arm in a sling after SB 38

BB and his dad getting drenched by Tedy with the Gatorade bucket.

Tedy's first game back this season....the ovation he got was amazing!

Adam chasing down Herschal Walker

The day BB resigned as the HC of the NYJ!

The "squish the fish" game

OT: Flutie to Phelan......

Hey - way to go PatsFanny for a good thread topic! (Hope you don't mind the newbie hazing!)

Like others mine was Adam V.'s game winning kick to win our first SB

There was more than just a SB riding on that kick

We had returned home from a SB party down the street to watch the final quarter as my wife was getting sleepy. She was asleep on the couch as I paced around the room following every play.

Then it came down to cruch time - Brady and the Patriots refused to follow the sage advice of John Madden to let the clock run down and take their chances in overtime.

I woke my wife up to watch that fateful kick as it dawned on me that for the first time in quite some years, New England sports fans might not be subjected to the cruel fates of a last minute choke.

Indeed, as the ball went through the uprights, years of frustration as a New England sports fan were lifted off my shoulders

Finally, we were the Champions of the World!

The first game with Brady ("Who the hell is this guy?")

The Vikings game where Bledsoe brought them back from being down about 28 at the half, and Greg McMurtry had the game of his career (not that that really meant anything)

And of course the first Super Bowl... the others have been good, but it's nothing like the first win... Vinatieri's kick

Excellent thread!

Favourite Regular Season Games:

2003 @ Indy... Absolute wild game...a bit of everything. The Pats blew a 21-point lead, and ended up being up 38-34 with the Colts driving in the final minute of the 4th quarter. Indy got first and goal at the 2, and it seemed the Pats were on the verge of being dealt a killer blow. Fourth down, from the one, and Willie (who two plays earlier went down with a knee injury -- and stopped the rolling 2-minute offence), blew up Edgerrin in the backfield and sprinted down the field to celebrate the victory. Sloppy game, but entertaining, and downright thrilling.

Favourite Playoff Games:

All of them. In Oakland, the SnowBowl, who can forget. What a way to kiss Foxboro Stadium goodbye. On to Pittsburgh, special teams come up huge, and Drew comes in for an injured Brady to fire a TD strike and save the game. Then of course, the defining moment for all Pats fans...the SB vs. the Rams and the mayhem of victory. Brady, Vinatieri, the defense...Belichick...everyone showing the world that this team has balls of steel.

From there, everything was gravy. Sending Peyton home in a pout more than once, Adam kicking a frozen pigskin which felt like a bowling ball vs. Tennessee, and an aerial dismantling of Big Ben and the Steelers in Pitt last year. The yo-yo SB with the Panthers, where we showed everyone luck played no part in success (OK, so Kasay goofed the kickoff, but we won games in spite of Ken Walter and his 18-yard punts). And of course, the methodical plucking of the Eagles, raining on T.O's parade, and etching ourselves in stone as a true dynasty.

Here's to hoping the (near) future holds much of the same for us...

LET'S GO PATS

Some of my favs (Other than the obvious SB wins)

- When Brady caught a pass on a trick play. (If anyone knows which game this was in you'd be my hero)

- Bruschi sliding in to the endzone after intercepting Fieldler and the ensuing snow celebration.

- Ty Law intercepting Steve McNair for a touchdown (Announcer: SEE YOU LATER)

- Beating the Squeelers and Dolts last year in the playoffs.

- Bruschi playing with his kids on the field before SB XXXIX

- Going to the the Superbowl against the Packers (Was my first Pats Superbowl after getting in to football) It would have been better if it wasn't for lousy Desmond Howard.

- The Snow Bowl (Against the Radiers)

- Punt return for touchdown against the Steelers in 01 Playoffs, Bledsoe coming back and throwing for a TD.

- Beating the Colts in the dome: Bethel Johnson lighting up their Kickoff D and the goal line stand.

- When Willy grabbed that guy, I can't remember who it was Hobbs maybe? by the back of the shirt this year.

- The Monday Night Denver game last year, A.K.A. the intentional saftey play.

- Adam throwing a touchdown.

- Troy playing DB.

That's all I can think of right now.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
- When Willy grabbed that guy, I can't remember who it was Hobbs maybe? by the back of the shirt this year.
One of us has a bad memory. :) I could have sworn that was last year with Randall Gay.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
One of us has a bad memory. :) I could have sworn that was last year with Randall Gay.

It was indeed Blue--and then when Willie recovered the fumble against Tampa Bay and made the cut away from his blockers, I yelled at the TV--"Willie!! That's what you stopped Blue from doing last year!!!"

Joe Bellino! Wow! Does THAT go back a ways. Anyoen who's a fan of Navy football knows who he is - 1960 Heisman winner, did his 4 years active duty, then joined the Boston Pats... He was there, what? 3-4 years? Man, wish I had gotten a chance to see him play.

I remember hearing about a guy called out of the stands to play right before kick off, but I didn't realize it was him... Cool :D

The final drive of Super Bowl XXXVI. Watching Brady's drive you knew some great was happening.

My best memory would have to be the first game I ever went to. It was in 1974 against the Rams. It was the third game of the season. Patriots started the season by beating the two time Super Bowl Champ Dolphins and then beating the Giants in New York. Nobody gave them a chance to beat the Rams. I went with a busload of people from where I worked. Needless to say the Pats won 16-7 and I have been a diehard Patriots fan ever since. That 74 team was good, featuring Plunkett, Cunningham, Vataha and Mini-Mack Herron.

Second place would have to be when the Patriots came out to play the Rams in, I think, 1986, and won the game on a Tony Eason to Irving Fryar Hail Mary pass. I was one of the few Patriot fans in Anaheim Stadium that day. It was weird hearing all the Rams fans go from cheering to dead silence.

NovaScotiaPatsFan said:
Some of my favs (Other than the obvious SB wins)

- When Brady caught a pass on a trick play. (If anyone knows which game this was in you'd be my hero)

I believe you're thinking of 2001 vs Miami.

Some more I haven't seen in this thread:
* 1997 vs Miami. Jimmy Hitchock(?) intercepting Dan Marino in the end zone and going coast to coast for the TD.
* 1993 vs Miami. Bledsoe to Timpson in OT.
* 2003 vs Buffalo. The 31-0 revenge game. Bonus points because this was my first ever game attended in Foxboro (also went to SF last year and going this Sunday).
* 1994(?) at Buffalo. Two fumbles returned for touchdowns in the final minute to come back and win.
* 1998 vs Buffalo. Bledsoe to Coates with no time left. I remember my damned CBS station showed some other game instead...was about ready to shoot someone.
* 2002 at Chicago. The biggest comeback since the Vikings game.
* 2001 at Indy. Patten throwing, catching and running for a TD.
* 2002 vs Miami. The game that should have gotten Dave Wannstedt fired. Damn Packers ruined it for us...
* 2003 at Miami. Troy Brown, 82 yards in OT.
* 1996 vs Jacksonville. Some way, some how, fending off about 49575 long passes from Brunell to win in OT. I think one of them was caught at the 1 with no time left, but he was stopped there.
* 1996(?) vs the Jets. I remember sitting down at 1:59 when the power went out. When it came back we were down 21-0. We came back and won.
* 1996 vs Pittsburgh. The fog bowl.
* 2001 at Atlanta. The Immaculate Reception II.

JPK

this thread reminds me a little bit of my one 'new england patriots 1970-1980'.

so great thread.
my memories start when in the beginning Eighties i saw a wonderfull red and white uniform with a beautiful logo and it was immediately passion and love.

the 1985 season was amazing.

then when Kraft bought the team, Bledsoe arrival with the first pick, the Super Bowl against Gb and the recent glory (tuck rule that finally was a revenge for us against the Raiders , Adam Fg against Stl...)

Bruschi, Brady, Seymour, Mc Ginest...

and still today we are running...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back