PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Fellow Pats fans..whats your greatest Pats memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFanInNY

Rookie
Reaction score
Is it the recent superbowl glory or was it a memory of yester year? I would have to say mine was back in '99 my very first patriots game in Foxboro but my very first pats game was at buffalo back in '97 we won that game 31-10. I was 15, now 21 and I came all the way from Rochester, NY-right near Buffalo-(I go to all Pats vs. Bills games each year since '99)we were playing the Cowboys and we beat them 13-6 if I can remember correctly. Besides the recent success we have had since 2001, and all those memories accompanied w/it I would have to say my 2nd greatest memory was traveling to the RCA Dome w/my close friend Rick whom I work with and is also die hard Pats fan -We went in 2003 when we beat Indy 38-34 we were the only two pats fans in the section at least I think and we took a beating but hey our team won so thats all that matters..anyways I would and I am sure others would like to hear your greatest Pats memory so please feel free to share yours. Thanks.

Last edited:
Hm, would have to be Vinatieri's kick in the 2001 Superbowl. That was just unbelievable. I actually felt transported to another dimension.:D

Here are some of mine. I'm sure NEM and others can add

The snowplow game against the fins.
The win in 1985 in Miami breaking a 15 game streak and getting us to the SB
Vinitieri's kick against Oakland in the snow
Wiggins ten catches against Oakland
and Cunningham's 75+ yard run for a touchdown (he needed oxygen)

and most importantly, the day patriot fan Bob Kraft bought the patriots and committed to keeping them in New England.

This thread has to be my greatest memory as a Pats fan.

would have to tend to agree..I went nuts when we won in 04 on that kick over carolina and sssshh dont tell anyone b/c i was underage (20 at the time) but I spilled my beer I was so excited which is considered alcohol abuse by most but it was worth a good cause lol.

Last edited:
Old Patriots Friday night games in Fenway Park
Game winning FGs by Gino
Plunkett to Vataha
Snowplow game vs Phins
Roughing the passer (Stabler); Russ Francis grabbed from behind, no PI: Cunningham stepping out of bounds 1/2 yd short on 3rd down - greatest pre 21st century Pats team screwed out of our 1st SB
Pats leading Da Bayiz 3-0 and the Bears made the greatest SB comeback in history
Flutie at QB - won every game at Sullivan Stadium; could walk up on gameday and buy scalped tix at face value for good seats
The Bledsoe vs Marino passing duels; Ben Coates at his prime
Bledsoe's pass to Glenn to start the rout against the Squealers in the SB year; treated everyone to scalped tix; great game great tailgate
Moe Lewis' hit on Bledsoe - start of the dynasty I was there
Vin kicks the win in the 1st SB
Any game with HOF Brady starting or Bruschi playing

Last edited:
Greatest moment is seeing this on the TV screen:

P2030663.jpg

best games

The 85 playoff games, the best running game we ever had
Drew vs Marino rookie year they both had about 400 yds passing
Drew leading the MIA comeback with a broken finger.
The PIT fog playoff game at Foxboro
The JAX championship game at Foxboro
Drew beating Flutie in a meaningless game in snow and wind and ice at BUF at the end of the 2000 season.
Snow bowl
PIT championship game Drew off the bench, special teams, defense, maybe my favorite game ever.
Super Bowls
Indy playoff games especially the 20-3.
Last years PIT championship game.
My next three will be victories in DEN, IND and Detroit

My greatest Pats memory was when I spent 3 days and nights in a presidential suite at the Waldorf-Astoria with the entire Pats cheerleading team... man, what a memory that was... oh wait - that was a dream. Sorry. My bad. :D

No comparison... SB 36. A great, great day.

the top 3 for an old-timer

PatsFanInNY said:
would have to tend to agree..I went nuts when we won in 04 on that kick over carolina and sssshh dont tell anyone b/c i was underage but I spilled my beer I was so excited which is considered alcohol abuse by most but it was worth a good cause lol.
1. Divison Championship Game, Patriots vs Steelers, 2004: steelers have ball near midfield in 1st qtr, 4th-and-1, elect to go for it. bring in FB, 2 TE to lead way for Jerome "the Bus" Bettis. considerable talking on field, bruschi and bettis. the snap. handoff to bettis. bettis immediately swamped in backfield by vrabel, bruschi, seymour, with mcginest, colvin to follow. play overrun by patriots 3 yards deep in backfield, bettis fumbles ball. patriots recover fumble while colvin decks a steelers lineman.
2. the snow game. patriots vs oakland, 2002. the tuck rule call. whether the call is correct or not, i still can't believe the umpire made that call in a playoff game. patriots NEVER got a call like that in 40 years. for me, this pays back for "roughing the passser" call by ben dreith in 1976. oakland fans go crazy, pull out hair, etc. they should. let 'em suffer!!
3. Super Bowl, 2002, patriots vs rams. vinatieri's kick sails dead center. at 47 yards, not a gimme. millions of patriot fans around the world grab each other and start dancing. bookies jump out of windows. grizzled vets antowain smith, roman phifer, troy brown, mcginest reach for each other and cry in joy. great satisfaction for fans after 40 years of bad drafts, bad breaks, bad coaches, bad stadiums, looney owners, sexual harassment stories, drug scandals, tragedy (stingley), "black power" defenses, electrocuted coaches. aahhhh..

ilduce06410 said:
1. Divison Championship Game, Patriots vs Steelers, 2004: steelers have ball near midfield in 1st qtr, 4th-and-1, elect to go for it. bring in FB, 2 TE to lead way for Jerome "the Bus" Bettis. considerable talking on field, bruschi and bettis. the snap. handoff to bettis. bettis immediately swamped in backfield by vrabel, bruschi, seymour, with mcginest, colvin to follow. play overrun by patriots 3 yards deep in backfield, bettis fumbles ball. patriots recover fumble while colvin decks a steelers lineman.
2. the snow game. patriots vs oakland, 2002. the tuck rule call. whether the call is correct or not, i still can't believe the umpire made that call in a playoff game. patriots NEVER got a call like that in 40 years. for me, this pays back for "roughing the passser" call by ben dreith in 1976. oakland fans go crazy, pull out hair, etc. they should. let 'em suffer!!
3. Super Bowl, 2002, patriots vs rams. vinatieri's kick sails dead center. at 47 yards, not a gimme. millions of patriot fans around the world grab each other and start dancing. bookies jump out of windows. grizzled vets antowain smith, roman phifer, troy brown, mcginest reach for each other and cry in joy. great satisfaction for fans after 40 years of bad drafts, bad breaks, bad coaches, bad stadiums, looney owners, sexual harassment stories, drug scandals, tragedy (stingley), "black power" defenses, electrocuted coaches. aahhhh..

Those are all in my top 5 too. Especially number 3 - so many bad things over the years, and then finally... finally... no longer the "Patsies" of the league.

Wow so many memories, hard to narrow some down...

Not in any order..

1 1985 AFC title game- sqishing the fish
2 2001 Oak vs Pats- Tuck game, snow bowl, last game at Foxboro stadium, call it what you want , that game was the best game in Pats history, with out this game , no super bowls...
3 1986 MNF last game at the orange bowl- Grogan to Morgan for the AFC East title.
4 SB 36- the best win of all the super bowls
5 AFC title games against Pitt 2001/2004 - beating Pitt in Pitt is always sweet espically for the AFC title game
6 AFC divisional game 2004- Corral the Colts, with a back up seconday 20-3
7 1985 Pats beat Miami 17-13, this gave us that special feeling in 1985 that it was going to be something special...
8 2001- Pats vs San Diego- the Tom Brady era begins
9 2003 Pats vs Fish- Brady to Brown. again a win against the fish, leads to a special season.
10 -2002 Gillete opener, Pats crush Pitt on MNF

ilduce06410 said:

You stated my feelings perfectly. I'll never forget that game and specifically "The Kick".

I know Brady started against the Colts for his first start.. But that game against the Chargers, was the begining for him...

Just to add one to all the other great posts. I loved the Denver game, was it in 2003? The 4th quarter comeback after Belichick calls for the intentional safety instead of punting out of our own endzone. I just about ripped my hair out when we snapped the ball back out of the endzone, then just about lost my mind when it ended up bringing home a victory.

It has to be the first SB win on Adams kick as time ran out. It can never be duplicated. All those years of waiting and wondering if we will ever make it were erased.

It's like the first - never mind.

Grogs leading us to the Super Bowl with three straight road victories in the playoffs....that was unforgettable

then Berry starts "Panties in a twist" in the Super Bowl....worst bringdown in Pats history...next to Ben Dreith and the Oakland robbery

Joker said:
Grogs leading us to the Super Bowl with three straight road victories in the playoffs....that was unforgettable

then Berry starts "Panties in a twist" in the Super Bowl....worst bringdown in Pats history...next to Ben Dreith and the Oakland robbery

Eason started and won all three playoff games in '85.

That I was present at:
'01 Snow Bowl versus the Faiders
'03 Snow Bowl versus the Fish

All time:
SB36 versus the "Next Dynasty" Rams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back