PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felix Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.

VJCPatriot

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
I have to admit that this guy is pretty impressive.
Watching him run doesn't make you scream "superstar" but he gets the job done and is very efficient.

But the way I look at it, I don't expext him to come out for the 2008 draft.
McFadden is almost guaranteed to be a top 5 pick, but F. Jones will probably go somewhere in the 2nd round.

If Felix stays in school he's pretty much guaranteed to be Arkansas' feature back. This will allow him to rack up even more impressive stats in a starting role, and increase his draft status in 2009. There's a HUGE difference in money between a 2nd round pick and a 1st round pick.

So if I'm Felix Jones, I'm staying in school another year, getting bigger and stronger, and getting picked higher in the draft and earning more money.
Realistically Felix Jones will not be coming out for the 2008 draft. It just doesn't make sense moneywise.

This situation reminds me a bit of McGahee and Frank Gore. Where both backs are very, very talented. Jones will be smart and stay in school. He can wait for his big money.

Last edited:
Definetly an interesting idea, but it also brings injury to the forefront. Felix may be happy taking a deal now loaded with incentives.

Definetly an interesting idea, but it also brings injury to the forefront. Felix may be happy taking a deal now loaded with incentives.

After hearing that the Arkansas head coach suddenly switched to coach Ole Miss, I find myself agreeing with you.
Jones will likely risk the draft now, rather than an uncertain future, with an unknown replacement coach.

Actually that's a GOOD thing, because it adds more depth to the RB draft pool in 2008, a position where the Pats could stand to improve.

Last edited:
Quote "After hearing that the Arkansas head coach suddenly switched to coach Ole Miss, I find myself agreeing with you.
Jones will likely risk the draft now, rather than an uncertain future, with an unknown replacement coach.

Actually that's a GOOD thing, because it adds more depth to the RB draft pool in 2008, a position where the Pats could stand to improve."

I agree. Being in Carolina I see a lot of their games on TV. Good RB.

I've been a fan for a couple of years now, and I think he's a much better value at RB than McFadden. I'd love to see us pick up Jones. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had the better Pro career.

I've been a fan for a couple of years now, and I think he's a much better value at RB than McFadden. I'd love to see us pick up Jones. It wouldn't surprise me in the least if he had the better Pro career.

I knew this thread would suck you in!

It is a tough call to stay or go, Arkansas will likely remain a run first, run second and run third based offense. With a lot of touches he could become a Heisman candidate and first round pick. As it stands now I think he would be a 2nd rounder and there is a big difference in pay.

I like McFadden's style more for the pros, Jones seems like more of a college back, kinda like Maroney. I also don't see him as a good fit in New England, same skill set as Maroney, unless they get rid of Maroney which would really be a wasted draft pick.

All this running back talk reminds me of how easily replaceable these guys are. Larry Johnson goes down Holmes steps in, Holmes goes down the Smith steps in... Peterson goes down, Taylor steps in, etc., etc. etc.

The 2006 draft was bizarre, first a running back and then a WR (traded 2 good draft picks for Jackson). Just terrible, both these positions can be filled in later rounds or through free agency.

How many RBs in the NFL are built like this guy? Why is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes