PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's show-Pats move blew up in the faces

Status
Not open for further replies.
PatsRI said:
Wendy's kicking his ass. It's funny.
Apparently Wendy does not have a personal agenda clouding her thinking. :eek: What is she doing in the Boston media? :rolleyes:

mcsully said:
Another great example.. I just find Felger another person with an opinion. Next to Reiss I think Holley has the best contacts.. What these guys state has value.. Felger and the WEEI crew ( know felger has his own show) don't hold any weight.. I really think its time to get Sirius Radio..

Just thought I'd add this... I'm a journalist myself and while I don't want to defend either Felger or Borges, both of whom I think are awful, irresponsible hacks, these guys have a bit of a dilemma when it comes to covering a team like the Pats. I'm sure they have a hell of a time getting quotes from anyone and if they want to get anything they probably have to carry water for a player or two in a contract dispute. Otherwise, the players will have no use for them at all and will just give them the usual "I'm just trying to help this team win" stuff.

Personally I think the way to go is the way Reiss is doing things. You don't reach for stories and you allow players and coaching and adminstrative staff to talk to you off the record all the time. That seems to me to be his strategy. That's why when Reiss says things like "I don't think Charles Rogers fits in their plans," you listen, because you think maybe he's alluding to something he's really been told.

Borges takes the opposite route. He doesn't know anything, but when he does get something -- like Chayut calling him this morning or last night to tell him there were other offers for Branch -- he holds a parade for himself and announces his one scrap of info with tubas and trumpet calls. This way he tunes out the team completely and while agents will talk to him, because they can use him, they won't really respect him.

Journalism is a lot like life. When in doubt, do the right thing. It's not just about getting scoops. You have to judge who's right and who's wrong in a situation and act according to that. Borges is whaling on the Pats because they've frozen him out, not because they're wrong in this instance. That's a misrepresentation of the truth and bad journalism. I can't understand why the Globe keeps that guy.

Pats726 said:
What has been done that is reasonable by Deion??? NOTHING...and that is why reasonableness will not happen...he does NOT wish to play here...PLAIN and SIMPLE!!!
he'll be back. come on the guy was balling his eyes out after the broncos game. he is not adam 'broken ankle" vinateri.

and i think bam has alot of promise, he can find open holes in the zone, has good hands, and has just a little bit of separation speed.

Last edited:
What has Bam done to show that he is a "horrible" receiver. Preseason or not, he has proven to me that he is NOT a horrible receiver. If we have a consistently good running game, our receivers will not be a problem. If we have a horrible running game, they might start to be a problem but we still have Brady.

Count me in for those saying Bam Childdress isn't a horrible reciever. What's he done to show that he is?
A horrible reciever to me is one that doesn't block, can't catch, and can't get open. Childdress hasn't shown me that he's a good reciever at all, but he hasn't done anything to tell me he's hopeless. Let the player grow in the system, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes