PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's show-Pats move blew up in the faces

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
by branch and his agent getting good offers from other teas...i dont understand this is true...ok other people offered more money so they wont trade him and piss deion off...what will he do different ..continue to hold out ?? is that what he has been doing already ?

SVN said:
by branch and his agent getting good offers from other teas...i dont understand this is true...ok other people offered more money so they wont trade him and piss deion off...what will he do different ..continue to hold out ?? is that what he has been doing already ?
What we need to know is what the Jets offered the Pats. They could offer Deion $100,000,000 for all I care but if they only offer the Pats a 6th round pick, then Pats have every right to tell them to go to h-e-double hockey sticks.

I had to laugh today when Felger promotes Borges being on his show later saying Borges knows more about this than anyone. When Felger was on EEI he bashed Borges non-stop to the point where Bob Ryan made his "Felger has a pathological Globe hatred."

actually wendi nix on show said something more logical and simple ."how has it changed the situation now as to it was a few weeks ago ? they werent talking then they werent talking now."

According to the grievance article, the jesters were the only ones to make a real offer and that had a funky structure :

"Although the Seattle Seahawks talked numbers with Chayut, the New York Jets wound up being the only team to talk to New England about what its contract demands would be.

The Jets offer, the source said, was for six years and $36 million but it had a “funky structure.â€

Laziness... I don't understand how these mediots can say it blew up in there face, and never mention what the alternative was. They offered Branch a contract, he refused and didn't counter. What was the alternative? Let Branch just not show till week 10, and every day of every week have somebody asking Branch questions? After every single game all you would hear in the post game press conference would be things about Branch's hold out. Now where are we, we got to see if there were any good offers for a trade and since there weren't we are at the same point. Branch won't be traded, unless the NFL turns into the MLB where the players run the sport. Branch isn't gonna ever be on the field as a patriot again unless he fires his agent ASAP and gets to the negotating table. Branch is not worth a roster spot to sit out for 10 games.

These people who think somehow BB screwed up and this all went wrong for him are killing me........While no one outside BB and the FO knows what there desired outcome was........I have to believe that there intention was OK.......If he is going to hold out and doesn't want to play for us....We'll get rid of the distraction and allow him to go elsewhere only if we are getting what WE consider to be fair value for him...If not, nothing will have changed........Do you really think at this point BB is concerned about feelings getting hurt and animosity between him and a player who is not only NOT HONORING HIS CONTRACT........But going about it all the wrong way.......This whole BB screwed up and Branch calling BB's bluff stuff is all Media Fascination!

SVN said:

Well, if the Jets or Seahawks were serious, they'll offer Deion that same deal when he's a free agent next summer. My guess Deion gets turned away there, too. Nice work, Chayut, good luck working at McDonalds after you're fired from Sports Stars, Inc.

Wendy's kicking his ass. It's funny.

Still too early to say anything "blew up" in anyone's face. Plus, that implies that the Patriots were trying something underhanded. The Patriots, IMO, wanted to get this crap over with now, and not later. So their options were to let Branch sit and hold out (and be a nuisance), or open the door for him to find other reasonable offers. The Patriots pushed for the latter.

After today's events, it appears they are coming closer to a resolution. That's a good thing.

Plus, we all get to see Branch's true colors through all this.

its getting funny on his radio show...a caller and wendi nix are both ripping felger on his argument and he has no logical answers :)

Never really been a fan of his. he seems to have little or no inside contacts to truely back up his conclusions.. The fact he stated Ted Washington was staying and actually didn't proves that his judgement is backed up with no facts..

Did it blow up in their face?? no? They still have the player under contract and can franchise him next year.. players don't like being franchised every year.. In case of injury he'd get nothing and lose a lot of money.>> Pats still hold all the cards...

mcsully said:
Never really been a fan of his. he seems to have little or no inside contacts to truely back up his conclusions.. The fact he stated Ted Washington was staying and actually didn't proves that his judgement is backed up with no facts..

Did it blow up in their face?? no? They still have the player under contract and can franchise him next year.. players don't like being franchised every year.. In case of injury he'd get nothing and lose a lot of money.>> Pats still hold all the cards...

I used to like Felger before Kevin Mannix retired. Now, he's got too many agendas: being a Vinateri shill and being negative about this team in general. Being the senior football writer at BH and having his own show, which is named after him, has inflated his head.

JMHO

Last edited:
Brady-To-Branch said:
I used to like Felger before Kevin Mannix retired. Now, he's got too many agendas: being a Vinateri shill and being negative about this team in general. Being the senior football writer at BH and having his own show, which is named after him, has inflated his head.

JMHO

Another great example.. I just find Felger another person with an opinion. Next to Reiss I think Holley has the best contacts.. What these guys state has value.. Felger and the WEEI crew ( know felger has his own show) don't hold any weight.. I really think its time to get Sirius Radio..

First, I agree 100% with most people here-the Pats DO hold MOST of the cards. branch can be franchised. I also fault branch's agent for never making a counteroffer. I think chayuts reasoning is simply this: the Pats wr corps is very weak w/o deion,(true) and brady desperately wants him back.(true). I also think the Pats want deion and were mostly looking to see what other teams would offer. the pats arent serious about getting 2 #1's(according to michael smith)-but you always ask for more than what you want. It all boils down to: can the Pats survive 10 games w/o branch? branch is a pro-and he will give 100% when he returns-even if hes franchised and sits out 10 games-but how many games will we have lost by that point? I believe this is the best pats team to date-with branch-but the wr corps w/o him is hands down the WORST in the nfl. caldwell is a joke-it might be november before jackson makes any kind of impact. watson will see double coverage and get neutralized. as great as brady is-you gotta give him at least mediocre wrs-and right now, we dont have mediocre wrs-we have horrible wrs(except troy-who wont scare anyone downfield). now, i agree 100% so far with bb's handling of this situation. but i dont think anyone really expected branch to sit out til week 10. I would not take a 1st rounder for deion. yes, it would make us stronger next year and down the road. but it might just kill our shot at another lombardi this year. will be interesting to see what bb does. whatever he does, it WILL be in the best interests of the patriots, as always--regardless of what that slime borges says.

QuiGon said:
What we need to know is what the Jets offered the Pats. They could offer Deion $100,000,000 for all I care but if they only offer the Pats a 6th round pick, then Pats have every right to tell them to go to h-e-double hockey sticks.

LMAO!!!........................

jimleehunt said:
First, I agree 100% with most people here-the Pats DO hold MOST of the cards. branch can be franchised. I also fault branch's agent for never making a counteroffer. I think chayuts reasoning is simply this: the Pats wr corps is very weak w/o deion,(true) and brady desperately wants him back.(true). I also think the Pats want deion and were mostly looking to see what other teams would offer. the pats arent serious about getting 2 #1's(according to michael smith)-but you always ask for more than what you want. It all boils down to: can the Pats survive 10 games w/o branch? branch is a pro-and he will give 100% when he returns-even if hes franchised and sits out 10 games-but how many games will we have lost by that point? I believe this is the best pats team to date-with branch-but the wr corps w/o him is hands down the WORST in the nfl. caldwell is a joke-it might be november before jackson makes any kind of impact. watson will see double coverage and get neutralized. as great as brady is-you gotta give him at least mediocre wrs-and right now, we dont have mediocre wrs-we have horrible wrs(except troy-who wont scare anyone downfield). now, i agree 100% so far with bb's handling of this situation. but i dont think anyone really expected branch to sit out til week 10. I would not take a 1st rounder for deion. yes, it would make us stronger next year and down the road. but it might just kill our shot at another lombardi this year. will be interesting to see what bb does. whatever he does, it WILL be in the best interests of the patriots, as always--regardless of what that slime borges says.

I wouldn't consider Bam Childress a HORRIBLE receiver...

That's 2 non-horrible receivers and with all the TE talent we have, we'll be fine without Deion. Although we would have been better with him, there's not much we can do about that. He's overvaluing himself and acting stupid about the whole situation.

The end of the world has come.... without Deion the Patriots can't do anything.

Let's be for real for a second. The Patriots were never going to trade Deion. The only scenario would be two 1st rounders and no one is going to pay that.

All the Jets merely tried to do was drive up the price for Deion. Read www.profootballtalk.com they are right on. The Patriots did it to the Jets a few years ago when they drove up the price for Dwayne Robertson.

I stand by my prediction..... Deion fires his agent to save face or they simply parts ways and Deion signs the original contract.

MrBigglesWorth said:
I stand by my prediction..... Deion fires his agent to save face or they simply parts ways and Deion signs the original contract.
What has been done that is reasonable by Deion??? NOTHING...and that is why reasonableness will not happen...he does NOT wish to play here...PLAIN and SIMPLE!!!

emoney_33 said:
I wouldn't consider Bam Childress a HORRIBLE receiver...

That's 2 non-horrible receivers and with all the TE talent we have, we'll be fine without Deion. Although we would have been better with him, there's not much we can do about that. He's overvaluing himself and acting stupid about the whole situation.
emoney- i DO consider childress a horrible wr, but i agree with the rest of your post. there isnt anything bb couldve done differently-im just stating the facts of the situation-that wr is the weakest unit we got-it doesnt matter how many good tes we have-you have to have SOME minimal threat at wr-right now we dont. even with deion, our wr corps is not great-but the rest of the O is good enough to cover for that. if i had to bet on this situation-i would say the Pats will not trade deion-they either work out a new deal-or try to live with no deion until week 10. BTW-the thing that burned me the most about borges article-was that he accused bb of acting NOT in the best interests of the team-but strictly off ego. Of all the bs borges has ever written-that was maybe the worst. If theres one thing bb has ALWAYS done-its been to act only in the Pats best interests. Ego has nothing to do with it. The Pats have paid big money to brady and seymour, because they are both indispensible. BB has bent some of his own rules in dealing with players in the past-if it was in the teams best interest. that is what separates him from egomaniacs like parcells--and why bb is head and shoulders better than the tuna.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back