PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's report card

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
In what is probably a futile effort to have some real football threads start I actual have to resort to talking about Felgers report card.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/football/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1030755#articleFull

I agree with most of his grades but I think putting Stallworth in the "back of the back" category is a stretch. Yes he only had one catch but was that because of something he did or did not do? When you have Moss and Welker both getting open on just about every play I would think someone had to be covered right?

It's a sad testament to this site today that I was EAGER to read any thread with "Felger" in the title.

I've always appreciated Felger's report cards. He does an excellent job of game analysis. I did fin this comment interesting. Is he including all the cameramen that contributed to giving the patriots an edge?

"Above all, credit to Belichick’s crack video staff."

Could be a good piece, but Felger is too smart to have fallen for the camera stuff.. but he did and sure he and Borges will have their Bevis and Butthead moment.

"It’s as if the Patriots knew what the Jets were going to call before they called it (ahem)."

He forgot an F to BBs shadow staff for getting caught

It's a sad testament to this site today that I was EAGER to read any thread with "Felger" in the title.
Me, too. There are more trolls and trashers than fans this week, and I expect a sudden influx of user registrations. I think I may take a hiatus.

Me, too. There are more trolls and trashers than fans this week, and I expect a sudden influx of user registrations. I think I may take a hiatus.

Unfortunately, thats what all the quality posters are seeming to do these days. Sad state of affairs on this board.

Not a bad article from Felger (who I generally never read now - why give him a click ?) - only a modicum of smarmy BS.

R

A good read. And these are the things that bother me with the distraction of video gate: there were really three plays that broke this game open for the Pats -

1) Ellis Hobbs' TD return to start the 2nd half
2) Pennington getting hurt
3) The Randy Moss TD

Nos. 1&2 have absolutely nothing to do with "stealing defensive signals". No. 3 could, but from what I could see, the Jets had the correct defense called for the play (they had THREE GUYS on Moss), they just couldn't catch Moss. The Pats won this one fair & square on the terrific play of their team & it's a shame the players are all being called cheaters.

IMHO, no signal-stealing was relevant to the outcome of the game. This reminds me of Nixon and Watergate to steal the McGovern's plans for the election, as if the election was ever in doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots