PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's Report card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really ? So, what you are saying is that BB loves seeing Ellis give up 3rd and 8's on sideline outs pretty consistently and enjoys seeing offenses move down the field at will against our defense and move the chains? This is by design? Let's let Ellis hang back, we'll bend, give them those automatic 1st downs on Ellis, but we'll stiffen up in side the redzone, this is what BB wants from his corners ?

If it was Ellis Hobbs who was the problem, then the Patriots would have replaced Ellis Hobbs. Instead, they've drafted a free safety (Meriweather) with above average speed and range, and signed Adalius Thomas, an LB who likewise has above average speed and range. This tells me that BB has not identified Ellis Hobbs as a source of any coverage problems, but the safety and LB positions, deeming them as the ones who are not covering enough ground.

Last edited:
Do you have any idea what constitutes the skills needed to be a nickel CB? Or do you just play Madden a lot and figure your third best CB on an arbitrary rating system should always cover the slot? :rolleyes:

Second, if the play calls for a cushion on the outside with the hopes that the line gets some pressure on the QB, then yes, I think that's what BB wants. The problem occurs when the line DOESN'T get that pressure, and the QB has all day to scan and pick the best target.

You'll notice that Ellis played very well his rookie year when two things were true:

1) He was healthy.

2) The front seven was getting more consistent pressure with a healthy Seymour.

This is driving me NUTS! Belichick keeps telling us if a player can't play at 100% due to injury, he will not play. Hobbs played the whole season, Belichick kept him out of the injury reports, therefore he wasn't hurt. I am getting sick of hearing the "Poor Ellis" crowd make excuses for him. I don't know why BB likes him, but he really liked Willy Andrews too, how does that decision look now?

If Ellis has a good game, then he has a good game, if he is hurt he shouldn't be playing. If he isn't hurt enough to not play, then he isn't hurt enough to use it as an excuse. When I screw up at work, I screw up and to me, my job is more important than Ellis'. I don't make excuses and I don't hide behind anybody else. The forst time we heard about Ellis being hurt was when Ellis started getting heat for being played by Eli in the Super Bowl. Yeah, he had surgery, maybe it was elective? Maybe it was to repair an old injury? We don't know, so we can't use it as an excuse. The facts are that he had a bad Super Bowl game, got beaten by 10 yards in the Super Bowl and has played like a dog this preseason. The season starts in two weeks, let's see how he plays when it counts.

My over/under is he is on the bench before week 6.

This is driving me NUTS! Belichick keeps telling us if a player can't play at 100% due to injury, he will not play. Hobbs played the whole season, Belichick kept him out of the injury reports, therefore he wasn't hurt. I am getting sick of hearing the "Poor Ellis" crowd make excuses for him. I don't know why BB likes him, but he really liked Willy Andrews too, how does that decision look now?

If Ellis has a good game, then he has a good game, if he is hurt he shouldn't be playing. If he isn't hurt enough to not play, then he isn't hurt enough to use it as an excuse. When I screw up at work, I screw up and to me, my job is more important than Ellis'. I don't make excuses and I don't hide behind anybody else. The forst time we heard about Ellis being hurt was when Ellis started getting heat for being played by Eli in the Super Bowl. Yeah, he had surgery, maybe it was elective? Maybe it was to repair an old injury? We don't know, so we can't use it as an excuse. The facts are that he had a bad Super Bowl game, got beaten by 10 yards in the Super Bowl and has played like a dog this preseason. The season starts in two weeks, let's see how he plays when it counts.

My over/under is he is on the bench before week 6.

Now your flat out embarrassing yourself - NO player in the NFL is ever at 100% after about the first 1/4 of the season. That is probably a main reason why BB thinks the injury reports are stupid anyway.

Please re-read this thread and trust that if Hobbs really sucked, played way out of position, did not do as coaches instructed, was a nickle corner that BB & SP would make the changes needed.

Fact is Hobbs is a very good corner and there will be a whole lot of crow digested by a great many.

I promise you, when the bullets fly for real and we muster a little thing called a PASS RUSH, all of a sudden, Bryant & Hobbs wont look so all alone on that island anymore as they make play after play. Bryant is a veteran career starter at corner in the NFL playing on bad teams - put him on a good team and it stands to reason, he will be much improved. FORGET pre-season and let the season happen.

Now, smart people would see that Felger is agreeing with their assessments and re-think their positions because he's such an idiot.

LOL I caught 5 minutes of him on with Dale today filling in for Holley and trying to convince Dale and any potential callers that the sky is falling. He is very concerned that this team is 0 for 3 in the preseason. He was trying not to sound so ESPN shrill while still sounding the panic alarm. He wants a new backup QB and was incensed that Culpepper is still available not to mention they coulda had Leftwich a week ago... My knew knickname for him is yeah,but...since he basically spends all his time trying to convince rational fans and media that they should be perpetually concerned and lap up his drivil or they are pathetic homers. I'd love to here him try to pedal this crap with Bill in studio, but I realize Bill isn't into wasting time on lost souls and he wrote Felgie off a long time ago when Felger sold/lost his football beat reporters soul in persuit of a radio/TV/mediot career.

I wonder what he really thinks he typically has his bad cop hat on.:eek:

LOL I caught 5 minutes of him on with Dale today filling in for Holley and trying to convince Dale and any potential callers that the sky is falling. He is very concerned that this team is 0 for 3 in the preseason. He was trying not to sound so ESPN shrill while still sounding the panic alarm. He wants a new backup QB and was incensed that Culpepper is still available not to mention they coulda had Leftwich a week ago... My knew knickname for him is yeah,but...since he basically spends all his time trying to convince rational fans and media that they should be perpetually concerned and lap up his drivil or they are pathetic homers. I'd love to here him try to pedal this crap with Bill in studio, but I realize Bill isn't into wasting time on lost souls and he wrote Felgie off a long time ago when Felger sold/lost his football beat reporters soul in persuit of a radio/TV/mediot career.

Wait a minute here. I missed the show, so I need to ask.....

Are you telling me that Felger is such a complete ******* idiot that he put forth Leftwich, the antithesis of a Bill Belichick quarterback, as the player this team should have gone after for the #1 backup position?

whoever was the fan who thought of that play in the preseason. i wouldve voted for a cassell sack :)

Ha Ha - good call; might as well go for a "high probability of success" play!

Wait a minute here. I missed the show, so I need to ask.....

Are you telling me that Felger is such a complete ******* idiot that he put forth Leftwich, the antithesis of a Bill Belichick quarterback, as the player this team should have gone after for the #1 backup position?

Yup. And for a mere million.

He also wanted us to go after Kelly Holcomb, although considering 31 other teams have passed this season on the aging epitome of a JAG QB who therefore mercifully retired, the term going after might be a stretch.

He even went so far as to suggest Vinny...

He lambasted the FO for failing to build depth at the position. I guess he was too busy to listen to Bill address that situation relative to the cap. He said they have done so poorly in draftine developmental talent at the position Brady must have really been their lucky fluke.

I gather the only access he will have with WEEI will be second hand once again...

Last edited:
Culpepper is the complete antithesis of a BB QB; Leftwich isn't quite as antithetical.

And can Kelly Holcomb, or Craig Nall, really be any worse than Cassel?

Culpepper is the complete antithesis of a BB QB; Leftwich isn't quite as antithetical.

And can Kelly Holcomb, or Craig Nall, really be any worse than Cassel?

Playing behind this OL in an offense they know nothing of, you bet your ass they would be.

Playing behind this OL in an offense they know nothing of, you bet your ass they would be.

Still...I would sleep a little better at night if there were another QB on the 53 who has actually started an NFL game.

Maybe Doug Flutie can do college games on Saturdays and hold a clipboard on Sundays.

Still...I would sleep a little better at night if there were another QB on the 53 who has actually started an NFL game.

So you haven't slept well in three years? That's gotta suck... :D

LOL I caught 5 minutes of him on with Dale today filling in for Holley... He wants a new backup QB and was incensed that Culpepper is still available not to mention they coulda had Leftwich a week ago...

I've been off net for 5 days on a sailing venture but I'm wondering if 'Chicken Little' Felger posts here under several names? Last couple weeks I read several threads here full of Patsfans wailing that we are so blind not to have signed a vet backup like Culpepper, Lefty, Bart Starr, whomever.

So you haven't slept well in three years? That's gotta suck... :D

Just in the last year. Remember, Flutie was here in '05, and Vinnie T in '06. Rohan Davey was the only other QB in '04, but then again TB threw 100 fewer passes that season than he did this past season.

Just in the last year. Remember, Flutie was here in '05, and Vinnie T in '06. Rohan Davey was the only other QB in '04, but then again TB threw 100 fewer passes that season than he did this past season.

Those 3 are'nt exactly Lunesta.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back