PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's Report Card: Welcome to Happyland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoLewisrocks

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
It's a sad day when Mike is behaving like a <shudder> homer while so many of his former radio show demographics still kvetch and moan like disgruntled children because they don't see absolute perfection...

I like Mike's new print approach where he actually reviews the DVR before he cavalierly slaps grades and half assed critiques on units and players.

And I like the fact that he has relocated his perspective. Could use some of that here.

"FOR WHAT IT'S WORTH….

-- There apparently was an attitude adjustment in Foxboro last week. It’s about time. The emphasis was on burying 2007 and coming to the realization that the numbers put up in that historic season will not be repeated. Belichick told his players it was time to turn it loose and have some fun. That message clearly translated to the field, where teammates celebrated good plays and whooped it up on the sidelines (see Moss). The crowd fed off it, and for the first time this year Gillette had the feel of a true home-field advantage."

Maybe one day the hyper critical segment of this fanbase posting here will regain it's perspective and re-emerge as part of a rationally supportive home-teams fanbase.

WEEI 850AM Sports Radio - Patriots Report Card: Welcome to Happyland

Last edited:
He's still a dweeb, why dump on Crable at all?

crable and wheatley will have their day....

Rome wasn't rebuilt in a day...what you expectin' - mediot perfection??? Perspective Box.
I expect remedial mediot classes not to overlook the well documented tendency to attack the weak and helpless. Whichever clinic he used to dry out did a terrible job during the rectal-cranial extraction and clearly left the frontal lobe embedded in the descending colon.

Felgie is currently unimpressed with Belioli's latest draft class...

"Terrence Wheatley – A week after getting toasted in San Diego, the rookie second-round was benched in favor of 2007 sixth-round pick Mike Richardson, who was making his NFL debut.
Shawn Crable – The third-round pick still hasn’t seen the field.
Jonathan Wilhite – The fourth-round corner had minimal (positive) impact. See where we’re going with this? Other than Mayo, the 2008 draft class, which looked so promising in training camp, has gotten off to a slow start."

Dissing my man The Crab!

As a Homo, I mean Homer, I remain confident that several of these rooks will be making substantive contributions as they develop later this season. Some, like Crable, may need an off seasoning strength building program to blossom.

Last edited:
Except for putting down Wheatley, Crable & Wilhite for hardly playing, I think Felger essentially nailed it. Sanders, Meriwether & Hobbs had terrific games, as did the D-line. I agreed that Moss' energy was a huge difference-maker after a listless Charger game, His Cassel evaluation was balanced. Maybe Mayo, and the RB's deserved more props for a great game. I'm glad Evans got his due for outstanding run blocking.

And Welker was Welker- a player's player. He reminds me of Tedy in his prime-on a search and destroy mission on every down.

I think his criticism of Wheatley is fair in that he did have a pretty bad game against SD (I know, I know, everyone did). But he's still a rookie, so you give him a pass for now.

As for Crable and Wilhite. Wilhite is playing mostly special teams and I thought he looked fine. Nothing spectacular, but he's a fourth round pick! The fact that he's playing as much as he is is surprising.

Crable you can't blame at all. He looked good in preseason, but we all knew he was going to need some conditioning and seasoning before he was going to jump into the fold.

Crable you can't blame at all. He looked good in preseason, but we all knew he was going to need some conditioning and seasoning before he was going to jump into the fold.
Apparently not everybody got the memo, :enranged: Felgie.

His job is to take the role of contrarian. He will always be on the opposite side of what everyone else is saying. Im sure he doesn't even agree with half of the stuff he says or writes. He does it to envoke reaction from the fanbase.

His job is to take the role of contrarian. He will always be on the opposite side of what everyone else is saying. Im sure he doesn't even agree with half of the stuff he says or writes. He does it to envoke reaction from the fanbase.

IMO, he's moderatin his hatin, due to Borges being back in print. Like the guy and his buddy running away from the bear, " I don't have to be more popular than everybody, I just have to be more popular than you".

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back