PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's Report Card - Pats vs. STL

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Felger's Report Card

Some pretty good stuff in there. Want to talk about Cassel's improvement, how about Felger himself on a weekly basis becoming less and less of a d-bag and making more insightful comments. Say what you will about Felger, there's no doubt he went through a phase of high douche-baggery, and might never shake it off completely, but he's been solid on the EEI website. Gotta give him credit for the effort of giving these games a closer look and coming up with some analysis.

My only disagreement is his continually harsh criticism of Moss. No, this wasn't Moss' best game, but anytime you get 7 catches for 100+ yards, you'll take it. He really only dropped one ball out there on his own, the others were good plays by DBs.

Felger's Report Card

Some pretty good stuff in there. Want to talk about Cassel's improvement, how about Felger himself on a weekly basis becoming less and less of a d-bag and making more insightful comments. Say what you will about Felger, there's no doubt he went through a phase of high douche-baggery, and might never shake it off completely, but he's been solid on the EEI website. Gotta give him credit for the effort of giving these games a closer look and coming up with some analysis.

My only disagreement is his continually harsh criticism of Moss. No, this wasn't Moss' best game, but anytime you get 7 catches for 100+ yards, you'll take it. He really only dropped one ball out there on his own, the others were good plays by DBs.

I agree but there are some who believe it should be impossible for such a thing to happen to Moss. He can't just be great, he must be flawless. Otherwise he "plays when he wants to".

I re: to Moss, Felger is just trying to bait him into going off. Felger would rejoice in the fact that he brought 81 down if it ever happened.

He really only dropped one ball out there on his own, the others were good plays by DBs.

Evidence:

83446405.jpg

These fellas get paid too.

I agree with all of you. It was nicely said by one of the posters here that one of the knocks against Randy was that he doesn't go over the middle. Well, many of his 100+ yards on Sunday were over the middle. Randy is pretty inaccessible to the media and they resent it. He could care less about them and they just can't handle it.

GO PATS!

Anyone who interprets Felger's apparent metamorphosis into a reasonable, fair evaluator as genuine will be, in time, betrayed. I don't want to say I told you so, but...

Anyone who interprets Felger's apparent metamorphosis into a reasonable, fair evaluator as genuine will be, in time, betrayed. I don't want to say I told you so, but...

Eloquent, and I agree completely.. do not trust him or Borges..

You don't have to trust them to read them unless you rely on mediots for your opinion. Both know the game better than most mediots and can be quite insightful. You just have to have functioning vendetta antenna to weed through any unwarranted crap. As for Moss, it is what it is...he's making $9M per - $1M less than god. The backup is holding up his $526K end of the deal...

You don't have to trust them to read them unless you rely on mediots for your opinion. Both know the game better than most mediots and can be quite insightful. You just have to have functioning vendetta antenna to weed through any unwarranted crap. As for Moss, it is what it is...he's making $9M per - $1M less than god. The backup is holding up his $526K end of the deal...
I agree with you completely about their knowledge of the game, particularly Borges, although his agenda against BB is pathological. Felger is a s#&t-stirring contrarian who delights in that role and in a moment of truth would very likely admit to same. Neither, however, can be trusted to be honestly straightforward 100% of the time, although it isn't as if that characteristic places them in a terribly exclusive club.

I don't think it has to be this extreme, flat out have had enough dealings with both through the print and talk media to know that they flip flop all over the place.. I do not trust their objectivity when it comes to the Patriots.. I am not doubting their knowledge, only the way they use it..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back