PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger's Negativity

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year many people were complaining about the depth and quality on the offensive line. Anyone with modicum of sense knew that the Pats FO had addressed the problems on the Offensive line and all it needs was time to make it apparent.

Well its apparent now.

This last year off season the Patriots FO addressed RB and WR. The job is done, even if it not yet apparent. The Pat have four WRs who not only will play, they have four WR all of whom can be rated as #1 type WR. Now its just waiting through the season to make it obvious to all. next draft they will add one more WR to replace Troy and the job is done.

They have the the appropriate mix of players as well. Two WRs entering their prime, a sage old vet, and a promising rookie. Ditto for the RBs. A sage vet leaving his prime and, a new franchise back type rookie. The Pats also have a 3rd down receiving RB in his prime, and a new rookie with the pedigree to be another Larry Centers or Richie Anderson to take his place eventually.

There is great depth in every group of players as the Patriots FO has addressed in turn DL, Secondary, OL, TEs and QBs. Change and patching has been the modus operandi at ILB and less so but also OLB. Do you want to wager where the Pats will finally address in their next off season's draft, FA, and trades?

But the change has already started even there. Phifer, TJ, and McGinnest are gone. Enter TBC, Gardner, Beisel, Mincey, Roach, Woods, Alexander and the guys we don't think of as newcomers Vrabel and Colvin, but they are part of the next generation.

Felger may not recognize it now but he will next off season. The question is what he will complain about then?

Last night Felger continued to go after the Patriots FO and kept proclaiming that the Patriots had needed to negotiate earlier...Vinatoeri. McGinest, Givens...even Branch..Did the bozo not recall how the CBA was not approved till really later in the process??? Was this NOT at all an influence in all of that?? Do you think that IF there was no CBA problem that maybe they would have negotiated?? The fact that this WAS a real issue with teams and has been all of a sudden forgotten about shows me how he really does NOT undesrtand much...selective memory...ahhh "but that messes up my reasoning."...Just pitiful....

spacecrime said:
Me, too. I once listened to what he said the way I now listen to Mike Reiss.

Tonight he said he hopes that Goskowski misses a FG and Grammatica kick off short so he can "ramp up" the we-should-have-paid Vinatieri talk.

He really said that? A reporter should not be rooting for a player to mess up so that HIS predictions look good.

Pats726 said:
Last night Felger continued to go after the Patriots FO and kept proclaiming that the Patriots had needed to negotiate earlier...Vinatoeri. McGinest, Givens...even Branch..Did the bozo not recall how the CBA was not approved till really later in the process??? Was this NOT at all an influence in all of that?? Do you think that IF there was no CBA problem that maybe they would have negotiated?? The fact that this WAS a real issue with teams and has been all of a sudden forgotten about shows me how he really does NOT undesrtand much...selective memory...ahhh "but that messes up my reasoning."...Just pitiful....

I hadn't even thought of that. GREAT point! He further went on to basically say that Dillon is through, that he doesn't have it any more. More than ever, I want Dillon to have a great year.

Another point. Felger was interviewing our punter last night. He mentioned that he was watching practice yesterday, and Gostkowski was on the B team, and Gramatica was on the A team. He basically asked 'doesn't this tell us alot?' Josh Miller said 'no, because they alternate A and B every day. You can't read anything into that.'

For a guy who brags about being at all the practices and really knowing the team, you'd think he'd have picked up on the alternation. What a moron!!!

Felger has a point. If the Patriots were going to let Givens and McGinest walk because they did not want to overpay, then then need to do something with that 13 Million in cap space to replace them as best they can. They did not replace them really, and they did nothing to address the inside linebacker with a proven/known player at all in the off season.

Perhaps that is still the Patriots plan, to sign guys as they get cut or released from other teams. I for one will be pissed if they go into the season without spending this money to improve the team and yes, create more depth.

That 13 million better go to Branch and bringing in additional players to fill out the roster. If not it is a missed opportunity.

After I got used to listening to Felger on the Big Show, I thought he was okay. Then he got into this contrarian thing more and more, and I found him unbearable. Now, I can't even listen to him.

Bostonian1962 said:
I hadn't even thought of that. GREAT point! He further went on to basically say that Dillon is through, that he doesn't have it any more. More than ever, I want Dillon to have a great year.

Another point. Felger was interviewing our punter last night. He mentioned that he was watching practice yesterday, and Gostkowski was on the B team, and Gramatica was on the A team. He basically asked 'doesn't this tell us alot?' Josh Miller said 'no, because they alternate A and B every day. You can't read anything into that.'

For a guy who brags about being at all the practices and really knowing the team, you'd think he'd have picked up on the alternation. What a moron!!!

Yes I heard him say that too. And, I was happy to hear him say it.

It will get back to Corey, and that will get him even more determined. I've only been to one day of practice and saw that Corey seemed to have the burst back.

But, he's been there every day. He didn't say if he was awake when he was htere except for his on camera stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
mcdonut16 said:
That 13 million better go to Branch and bringing in additional players to fill out the roster. If not it is a missed opportunity.
If, at the end of the year, they didn't spend close to the cap, then you are right. OTOH, last year the team ran out of cap space during the season. They won't want to get into that situation again, and we'll never know which players were not brought in mid-season because the money wasn't there.

Further, they won't commit themselves to overly large contracts on a given position (#1 receiver) when their team strategy is to have enough money for a suite of offensive weapons (TE, RB, FB).

IMO, there's way too much focus on Branch's contract than on Koppen and Graham and Samuel, all of whom are at least as deserving, and in their contract years, and aren't sitting out.

I'm fairly sure the Patriots do not want to leave the impression that the most grease goes to the squeaky wheel.

spacecrime said:
Remember all the yapping done aobut losing Milloy. A lot more than about AV/Givens/WMG combined. After the loss to Buffalo they were all predicting a plunge to mediocrity. I don't recall any of them saying, "You know I was wrong. All the bad stuff I was sure would happen never did." Nope, they just find new stuff of panic about.
Well..now they mention at least on his radio show, that the BB has become arrogant after they cut milloy and still won and BB thinks he can win with anybody.-i never heard BB take credit for anything.The media crowns him genius in one TV show and in the next asks the same question , is it the players or the system.?

SVN said:
Well..now they mention at least on his radio show, that the BB has become arrogant after they cut milloy and still won and BB thinks he can win with anybody.-i never heard BB take credit for anything.The media crowns him genius in one TV show and in the next asks the same question , is it the players or the system.?
Since Borges accused him of being the Pats "Butt Boy"
last year on his show numerous times I might add he has gone out of his way to being extremely negative of the Pats. My real beef with Felger is for a guy that has access to the team he is totally clueless his ramblings are just that. If you take a step back and looked at how the Pats won their championships you will see they win because they are a TEAM. AND ONE OTHER THING EVERY TEAM HAS DEPTH ISSUES THATS JUST HOW IT IS PLAYERS LIKE MATT CHATHAM, DAVID PATTEN,DAVID GIVENS,WILLIE GET OVERPAYED BECAUSE THEY PLAYED ON CHAMPIONSHIP TEAMS. You can't keep everyone and you have to draft well and sign bargain free agents then coach them up which is what the Pats do consistantly. But I will be a little disappointed if that cap money is not put to good use.

I think Felger has always tried to be edgy and take contrarian points. I've never felt he was a great writer, as he tends to be opinionated and reactionary rather than informative. That is my biggest peeve with him, is that sometimes he presents unsubstantiated information as more factual than it actually is. I think he has gotten worse in that regard now that he has his own radio show.

I think people are taking him too serious, though. First of all, it is obvious he is over-the-top at time to try and create reactions and get people interested in his show. Too his credit, I don't think he takes himself too seriously, and is willing to laugh at himself and admit he is wrong. That is the difference between him and Ordway, who will never admit he is wrong.

Felger is probably better suited to a sports radio format, he isn't a great journalist. He does work hard, though. People should lighten up on him a little and not take it so seriously.

i don't mind hearing -ve stuff if its substantiated enough with decent football talk and knowledge. i know joe beningo rips the jets in wfan.com. its funny at the same time he talks about football and what the real issues and problems are instead of just "i think this is bad " , "i think that guy wont be good" which is what felger does in his radio and tv appearances. add do that his condescending remarks towards people's personality and looks for no reason what so ever which he thinks is is funny is not.

At least he wants to talk about football!!! When he was on EEI, you could tell that he was as fed up with 24-7 red sox as the fans.

I agree, he often goes over the top, but I think he's tried to give the fans a little bit of releif from RSS. (Red Sox Suffocation)!!!

Also, why are all these writers so afraid of that slimy little terdball Borges?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back