PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felgers Grades

Status
Not open for further replies.

DougGabriel2007

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
I think Felger is really missing the point of why we won this game, our defense stepped up all day and limited their offense (despite great starting field position for SD) In 13 possessions, we gaveup 3 TDs against the #1 offense in the league on the road without 2 of our better run stuffers in Rodney and Seau. He gives the DLine a D+ for the day, if the DLine really was D+ for the day against SD, SD wouldve scored 45 points easily....

Yet he gives Brady an A- and the receivers an A- despite the fact they struggled mightily until the 4th quarter..They stepped up bigtime in the 4th but obviously the D was what kept us hanging around in this game by only giving up a TD the whole 2nd half while the offense continued to take its lump despite opportunity after opportunity. I gotta give the D the majority of the credit for this win even though Brady was clutch when given the 2nd chance.

I think Felger is really missing the point of why we won this game, our defense stepped up all day and limited their offense (despite great starting field position for SD) In 13 possessions, we gaveup 3 TDs against the #1 offense in the league on the road without 2 of our better run stuffers in Rodney and Seau. He gives the DLine a D+ for the day, if the DLine really was D+ for the day against SD, SD wouldve scored 45 points easily....

Yet he gives Brady an A- and the receivers an A- despite the fact they struggled mightily until the 4th quarter..They stepped up bigtime in the 4th but obviously the D was what kept us hanging around in this game by only giving up a TD the whole 2nd half while the offense continued to take its lump despite opportunity after opportunity. I gotta give the D the majority of the credit for this win even though Brady was clutch when given the 2nd chance.

Prisco of cbs sportsline gave us an overall 'A' for the game,No way did this team despite the hard fought win deserve and A - A 'B'' for a great comeback and win - But not an A

not to dwell on Sunday but I'm still in shock.

the grade has to be an "A."

It was one of the bet wins we've ever had.

this won't be a popular opinion on this board but they should've destroyed us...that's just an honest opinion...they have maybe the greatest stable of running backs in NFL history, best TE in game, young talented line, receivers who have -- up until Sunday -- been very dependable...a total winner at QB (who we haven't seen the last of)...and that's just on offense.

sometimes mistakes are FORCED...same with Denver last year. Tom had some weird throws like the second pick off his back foot...but 4th and 5 desperation time is always a 50/50 proposition at best...he forced it in there because he had to.

just because we marched down the field a few times like heroes, doesn't mean we should've expected to look like that all game long...especially with bad field position.

I'm not saying we can't play better...it seemed to be a rhythm thing on offense, but you have to give credit to their defense for FORCING mistakes.

There are sloppy games and there are slugfests...if this wasn't the latter then I don't know what is.

Anyone with 30 minutes to share and in need of some high comedy should get over to the Herald site where Felger is doing his chat thing. He's getting ripped.

not to dwell on Sunday but I'm still in shock.

the grade has to be an "A."

It was one of the bet wins we've ever had.

this won't be a popular opinion on this board but they should've destroyed us...that's just an honest opinion...they have maybe the greatest stable of running backs in NFL history, best TE in game, young talented line, receivers who have -- up until Sunday -- been very dependable...a total winner at QB (who we haven't seen the last of)...and that's just on offense.

sometimes mistakes are FORCED...same with Denver last year. Tom had some weird throws like the second pick off his back foot...but 4th and 5 desperation time is always a 50/50 proposition at best...he forced it in there because he had to.

just because we marched down the field a few times like heroes, doesn't mean we should've expected to look like that all game long...especially with bad field position.

I'm not saying we can't play better...it seemed to be a rhythm thing on offense, but you have to give credit to their defense for FORCING mistakes.

There are sloppy games and there are slugfests...if this wasn't the latter then I don't know what is.

Oh there is no doubt that the game is an A. It was one of the most thrilling victories. But to say our perfoarmance is an A is not even close.

Do you honestly think that the Pats played their best football for 50/60 minutes of the game? Not a chance. Tommy was off ofr three quarters. The last 10 minutes = A. The majority of the game was a B-C. Average performance was about a B.

This team can play way better football than they did for 50 minutes.

Oh there is no doubt that the game is an A. It was one of the most thrilling victories. But to say our perfoarmance is an A is not even close.

Great distinction. Emotional impact = A. Execution = A- for defense, B- for offense.

Felger was right about the D line, maybe a little harsh. But they were losing the battle of the trenches for most of the game. It's amazing that Tomlinson didn't get the ball more in the second half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots