PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: Wilfork Was Talked About with Raiders first

Status
Not open for further replies.
Michael Lombardi was on 98.5 Monday and said that the Raiders asked for Wilfork when they were discussing Burgess and that the Patriots said no. He also said that the Pats were asking for a 2nd and a 5th in 2010 initially for Seymour and that the Raiders offered a 1 in 2010 -- then the Pats asked for the 1 in 2011 and it was done.

short,concise and EXACTLY,what happened.
Felger is stuck on the offer of a #1 in 2010....didn't go this way,2 and a 5 is correct.

Says from a reliable source and wilfork knows that.

Seems to me there are 2 untradables on this team - Tom Brady and Jerod Mayo. Anyone else can go at any time.

Felger....take him or leave him, but if the Raiders inquired about Wilfork first it wouldn't surprise me and also show that that while the Raiders are dumb they're not all that dumb. Who wouldn't give up a first rounder for Wilfork? I guess they figure Seymour was the next best thing for their defense outside of a run-stopping NT.

BB has stated he took calls from the Raiders and listened. This is nothing but good business. A non story.

Re: Felger:Wilfork offered to Raiders first

I think Felger feels he's died and gone to heaven with this story. He loves to pit people against each other even if it's a detriment to the teams he covers.

Yup!

If Felger doesn't know WTF the actual story is than WTF is he reporting exactly?

This is just a rope and dope with the dope being whoever tunes into Felger.

So the Raiders called and asked about Wilfork, and the Pats said no. I don't get why Felger things Wilfork will be vengeful or upset about this. Seems like a non-story.

Typical Felger....

So the Raiders called and asked about Wilfork, and the Pats said no. I don't get why Felger things Wilfork will be vengeful or upset about this.

I agree. But why are the Raiders still calling BB after he stole them blind in the Moss deal?

I agree. But why are the Raiders still calling BB after he stole them blind in the Moss deal?

The Raiders got a 4th round pick for a guy that was never going to be happy there. That's not so bad.
Although they seem to be setting themselves up for a repeat with Big Sey.:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye