PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger:This defense cant stop anyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah excellent; this guarantees that the Patriots shutdown the Jets but I don't care for this part:
Can the Patriots make it to the Super Bowl this way? I think the answer is obvious:

Sure. Why not?

This dooms the Patriots to never make it to the SB.
When Felger says you can bank on it he is usually right; you can bank on the opposite of what he predicts.

Last edited:
I think the idiots are the ones who pretend he's so far off base, because the Felger bashing is coming.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, technically, they DID stop Indianapolis with an INT in regulation. Fair and square. Did they let them back in? Yes. But they stopped them too.

Yes, I know it's just a phrase "They can't stop anyone". But they wouldn't be 9-2 if they couldn't. It isn't a shootout every week. I know, I've been watching.

That said, I really hope they play a lot better down the stretch because it does get very annoying to watch them let the other team march up and down the field. It's fine if it results in a FG or something, but lately it's worse than that.

The Three Stooges

picture-5.jpg
sharpe_bio.jpg
borgestein.gif

Except for Peyton Manning, Phillip Rivers, Joe Flacco in game-deciding situations and Ben Rapistberger the entire time that game was competitive.

Folks forget that NE had the 28th ranked run defense in 2001 and 11th ranked pass defense. NE is 26th in both categories now tied for best record in the NFL.

This bend dont break defense is making enough plays to win. Mcourtys 1st INT was the turning point in the Detroit game for NE.

There's an easy way to shut this clown up. The defense has played in 9 of the Patriots 9 wins.

Eh, the only thing this kind of column makes me feel is envy....that the guy can write some lazy, sloppy copy & make decent money doing it. The line "this defense can't stop anyone" is the problem, really. The rest is just pedestrian fill-the-space blather. They can't stop anyone? Really? Anyone? I think they've forced a couple of punts, right? So what does that mean? Haven't they won 9 of 11? So what does that refer to? They can't stop your mother from eating another doughnut? It's just lazy nothingness. But screw it, he'll get a paycheck for writing something about 50 guys on this board could do a better job with. Oh well.

Hey Mike, if you're reading, I liked your pitbull stuff.

I think the idiots are the ones who pretend he's so far off base, because the Felger bashing is coming.

I think Felger gets bashed because he is an idiot. Only an idiot would defend him.

Here is that stat of the game.

Second half with the game in the balance, Detroit had five drives that resulted in:

7 points, 2 picks, 135 yards of offense.

I was at the game and in the second half they did a better job keeping Hill in the pocket

Game over.

Ya gotta love idiots like Felger and their idiot apologists. This week it's the first half, last week it was the fourth quarter.

Sorry but the game is 60 minutes.

The problem is if TB12 have one bad game the rest of the team will be unable to bail him out and win.Peyton manning in the superbowl had his team bail him out vs the bears.
Brady has to play perfect in order to win every game and as we found out a few years ago it could cost them in the end.

BUT................If anyone can win a championship like that its BILL and Brady

Last edited:
When playing at home, Detroit put up 32 points on the Eagles, one of the best teams in the league, 44 points on St Louis, 37 points on the Skins, and 20 points on the Jets, one of the most feared defenses. What's the big deal about the Pats giving up 24 points?

Is it because it was Shaun Hill? Because he's played most of the year.

Is it because of the total yardage, because I thought points were the more important stat. If we're going to worry about things other than the score, I'd be more worried about the KR team not getting the ball past the 15 yd line and lacking the intelligence to take a knee in the EZ. I might have worried about the inability of the OLine to stop Suh and Bosch from tossing Brady like rag doll (except they figured it out and shut down that rush real nice).

They let up 24 pts after a short week and back-to-back games-of-the-week to an opponent playing in the only superbowl they ever see. Big deal.

Last edited:
The problem is if TB12 have one bad game the rest of the team will be unable to bail him out and win.Peyton manning in his superbowl had have his team bail him out vs the bears.
Brady has play perfect to win every game and as we found out a few years ago, it could cost them in the end.

BUT................If anyone can win a championship like that its BILL and Brady

Brady's on a mission this year, lets hope it keeps rubbing off and everyone raises their level of play a notch higher each week.
If Brady keeps playing like this and they go all the way that should end any debates.

I wish I'd saved the TJ Houmsadoosie video where he says something like "they couldn't cover us, that's why they played us like they did" after we totally shut he and ocho down and destroyed them.

What part of "the other team scored less than us 9 times" don't people understand?

When you catch a pass from the other quarterback and run it in for a touch down, how do you stop a team more than that? Are you supposed to burn their house down too?

The most shocking thing to me is that somebody other than Fred from Dartmouth started a Felger thread.

The least shocking thing to me is that Fred was the first to comment.

I wish I'd saved the TJ Houmsadoosie video where he says something like "they couldn't cover us, that's why they played us like they did" after we totally shut he and ocho down and destroyed them.

What part of "the other team scored less than us 9 times" don't people understand?

When you catch a pass from the other quarterback and run it in for a touch down, how do you stop a team more than that? Are you supposed to burn their house down too?

You gotta kick them in the nutsack :D

I hope Belichick leaves a copy of this article in the lockers of all of our defensive players.

You're correct that a turnover is a stop (the best kind of stop) and, ultimately, the only stat that matters is scoring more than the other team. However, you must admit the Patriot defense is allowing a conspicuously large amount of yards, is god awful on 3rd down defense and is allowing red zone TDs at an abysmal rate. Given that, I think it is fair to worry "if the opposing team's D plays us tough all 4 quarters, can our defense keep us in a game like that?". Any Patriot fan has to worry about that question after watching the Patriot D this season.

I'd feel a hell of a lot better about this defense if they could step it up in the red zone. Otherwise we better score 25 points or more a game.

I hope Belichick leaves a copy of this article in the lockers of all of our defensive players.

I think Felger is pretty irrelevent to to the players.

The most shocking thing to me is that somebody other than Fred from Dartmouth started a Felger thread.

The least shocking thing to me is that Fred was the first to comment.

Hey someone has to defend the world from Douchbaggery. Before me Felger probably thought that he displaying dispassionate journalist excellence. Being a homer is mortifying to these guys; it is like a journalist being accused of being conservative. Oh the horror.

I hate to admit it but Felger is getting better. I don't curse and swear as much on the way home....

Give me Johnny Most. He was without doubt the best sportscaster in Boston history.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yu8Da3pe9h0&feature=related

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back