PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger..Soloman on the draft ESPN Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pats726

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
They are actually talking about the draft on ESPN....
Soloman bad pts...After 1st round not much with wideouts...Huh??? He was talking about Jackson..but..he is missing the fact that there are some SOLID receivers later Hass, Stovall, Avant...
But again, he put up a good argument with Felger who kept saying history..history when talking about a LB drafted in First round. He mentioned Lawson, WImbley..but NOT Carpenter..Greenway. What a bozo...he was just NOT showing smarts at all.
Soloman thinks CB first round. At LEAST they are talking Pats and the draft although...not as informed as I like.

did I hear Felger say BB would be on at six discussing Ray Lewis?

Hoodie said:
did I hear Felger say BB would be on at six discussing Ray Lewis?
6:05....Why Lewis would NOT fit in as a Patriot....and Felger is wetting his pants wanting him..

Felger was also insisting that OT is a strong position of need and I don't get that. Assuming (yes, it's an assumption) that Light is back, Kaczur moves to RT and Gorin and Britt are depth. I could see a case for a low pick in case of TC injuries, but I don't see a first day pick at OT.

Two OL, both with experience playing LT were picked in the first and third rounds last year and both played well for rookies. So why a tackle?

Center, maybe. That makes perfect sense with Koppen injured and in his contract year. Did anyone understand why Felger was pushing for a high pick at OT? Does he not think Kaczur can play the position? He didn't even mention the guy.

PatsFan37 said:
Center, maybe. That makes perfect sense with Koppen injured and in his contract year. Did anyone understand why Felger was pushing for a high pick at OT? Does he not think Kaczur can play the position? He didn't even mention the guy.
Yes, he did..sort of in passing..like he may not be able to do it..even said something about injuries or off the field things..just quickly in passing saying nothing. Take what he says with a grain of salt...More of stupidity...

late wide receiver....Patriots pick Jeremy Bloom.......no im not kidding

Pats726 said:
Yes, he did..sort of in passing..like he may not be able to do it..even said something about injuries or off the field things..just quickly in passing saying nothing. Take what he says with a grain of salt...More of stupidity...
This guy is simply a fraud. He quickly went into Ortiz bunting for a hit was it good or bad? Please give me a break the more he talks it is becoming more apparent by the day this guy has no clue what he is talking about especially concerning football. Examples he keeps crowing on and on about a shut down corner "HuH" in todays football there is no such thing. If a team comes out in 4 or 5 reciever sets so big deal if you can shut one guy down what about the other 3 or 4 recievers I mean this guy has access to Pats and he has no clue, no clue at all to how the Pats think.

PatsFan37 said:
Felger was also insisting that OT is a strong position of need and I don't get that. Assuming (yes, it's an assumption) that Light is back, Kaczur moves to RT and Gorin and Britt are depth. I could see a case for a low pick in case of TC injuries, but I don't see a first day pick at OT.

Two OL, both with experience playing LT were picked in the first and third rounds last year and both played well for rookies. So why a tackle?

My board calls for a first day OT to develop as a reserve swing tackle, Britt is an unknown and Gorin could stand an upgrade.

Brarrell said:
This guy is simply a fraud. He quickly went into Ortiz bunting for a hit was it good or bad? Please give me a break the more he talks it is becoming more apparent by the day this guy has no clue what he is talking about especially concerning football. Examples he keeps crowing on and on about a shut down corner "HuH" in todays football there is no such thing. If a team comes out in 4 or 5 reciever sets so big deal if you can shut one guy down what about the other 3 or 4 recievers I mean this guy has access to Pats and he has no clue, no clue at all to how the Pats think.

I don't see how he's a fraud. Shut down corner is probably just his term for an elite corner --- which we don't have at the moment. If we pick a CB, it will probably be in the 1st round, otherwise we'll just get more of what we have already. We'll see Saturday how the Pats think.

I also think we might well take an OT on Day 1. Why not? If Koppen is seen as healthy, and Light is questionable, or even if Light is healthy, I'd like more than Gorin for a backup. Maybe a G/OT versatile type player in round 2 or 3.

Unless Felger says kicker or QB in Round 1, I don't think you can call him crazy.

The more I hear about Felger the less I value the Patriots book he signed for me in 'zona. What a tool. Curran, Pires and Reiss is where it's at. Period.

Box_O_Rocks said:
My board calls for a first day OT to develop as a reserve swing tackle, Britt is an unknown and Gorin could stand an upgrade.
You see, now I should have gone to the draft forum and double-checked. You've done a marvelous job researching the draft.

For others lurking, it's at http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=33475

I'm assuming Light is at LT, Kaczur is at RT, and Gorin is reserve/swing with a contract that pays him as such. Granted that Britt is an unknown and may have injury problems. But that's three guys who have all started for many games, followed by a decent prospect and the usual bevy of development guys behind them. It just seems to be a deeper and younger position than others on the team, where, last year aside, BB has not found his reserves on day one.

BradyBirdYazOrr said:
late wide receiver....Patriots pick Jeremy Bloom.......no im not kidding

I could see a late pick on Bloom. Hes a good Punt Returner and we need one. And like th guy who promised the King to commute his excecution if he taught the King's horse how to talk after a year, Bloom just might eventually become a WR.

AzPatsFan said:
I could see a late pick on Bloom. Hes a good Punt Returner and we need one. And like th guy who promised the King to commute his excecution if he taught the King's horse how to talk after a year, Bloom just might eventually become a WR.
wiiiiillllllllbbbbuuuuurrrrrrr!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes