Felger says "Trade Down"!

Status
Not open for further replies.

shirtsleeve

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
He thinks this one will be like 2003.

Quote:
"Which way do you want the Patriots to go?

With 11 picks, the Pats have the flexibility to move up in the first round of this weekend’s NFL draft, and multiple reports have indicated they are intending to do so.

The other option is to stand pat, trade down, or even swap out until next spring.

So what do you want?

I’ll take what’s behind door No. 2."
End Quote

Here's the link:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=137018

I've been feeling this for almost 2 months now.

I completely disagree, the 'lets trade drown and get more picks' theory is good if you are rebuilding a team. I feel the Patriots are a top team and need a few players to fill a very few spots on the team. This is the year to trade up and get exatcly who you want. I hear the Patriots like Huff, and Hill and thats why they are talking to the Broncos about their pick.

SNL said:
I completely disagree, the 'lets trade drown and get more picks' theory is good if you are rebuilding a team. I feel the Patriots are a top team and need a few players to fill a very few spots on the team. This is the year to trade up and get exatcly who you want. I hear the Patriots like Huff, and Hill and thats why they are talking to the Broncos about their pick.

They should just wait. One of Jackson, Hill, or Cromartie will fall to them. If not, then trade down pick up Marshall with a late 1st round or high second round pick.

And that's that.

Trading up is for suckers. You have to pay the player alot more..it's risky. If he's a bust you lose twice.

I a firmly in the "trade down" camp.......:rocker:

The Denver pick won't get us close to Huff. It's the top third to move up to 15, cheap if bb's likes the players projected there much better.

SNL said:

I think it is more reasonable for this team to trade down, rather than up. They have a bunch of Draft Capitol and will probably transform some of this to higher round picks in the draft of '07..this seems to be the Pioli/BB/Adams way of doing business...trading up may upset their salary structures for a specific group of players, i.e. if they were to trade up for Hawk, it would prove not to be good value as our core of Bruschi, Vrabel, Colvin etc. would be probably be paid lower than this unproven rookie.

The only reason I see for the Pats to trade down is if they decide that Marshall, or Mangold is who they want because they can probably pick them @ about 28. The difference between 21 and 28 is pick 90, which they can use, or trade later for someone else they are highlighting.

Added:
FWIW Jacksonville has 28 & 92
Carolina has 27, 88 & 89

Last edited:
Trade up or Trade down...

Depends entirely on who's available.

rookBoston said:
Depends entirely on who's available.
Didn't someone quite famous locally say that you make trades for the player, not for the pick. I agree w/ you that this talk is a little premature until we let the draft board develope a bit .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back