PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger says he wouldn't be suprised if Calvin Johnson is a bust

Status
Not open for further replies.
Felger is a boob. He's just filling air time with hot air to sell the advertising. And now I've utterly wasted 45 seconds of my life thinking about him.

Felger is a boob. He's just filling air time with hot air to sell the advertising. And now I've utterly wasted 45 seconds of my life thinking about him.

I don't quite understand either
why i dial in these threads about what Felger said.

He's not a sports reporter.
He's not knowledgeable about sports.
He's just an entertainer.

Only jerks pay attention to him.
And i feel like a jerk.

Randy Moss couldn't run a route all that well, but he did alright for himself. Burress runs this thing that some call a route, but it more like he just runs up the field and jumps for the ball. Assuming Johnson can't run a route to save his life, his athleticism alone will make him an average receiver (assuming he has a decent QB).

I might be going out on a limb, but I think CJ is athletic enough to run an accurate route. Lets be honest, some of the best route runners are a bit shorter and don't have quite the vertical leap as CJ does. Lets not expect the guy to be cutting rug like he was Marvin Harrison when the guy is more in the mold of TO, Moss, Burress and/or David Boston.

If CJ is a guaranteed bust, I would be fearful of taking any wide out in this class. Writers need to find something better to write about than make crap predictions that they will never own up to in the future.

Felger's a bust....

Saw him say it on Sports Tonight last night. He said that Johnson never really had to run routes in college because he could just use his size and atleticism to beat defenders for the ball, which he won't be able to do on a regular basis in the NFL. I just thought it was interesting because everything has been a complete love fest for the Johnson and this is the first negative thing I have heard said about him.

Felger said that? That seals it then. Johnson is going to be a star. Felger knows nothing about nothing.

If you had told someone that Tony Mandarich would be a bust at the time he was drafted they would have yold you you're crazy. Mandarich was supposedly the best offensive line prospect of all time. Bill Walsh said Rick Mirer was the next Joe Montana. Brian Bosworth was supposed to revolutionize the linebacker position. I don't think Johnson will be a bust but stranger things have happened.

This draft has very few blue-chip prospects at the top -- but CJ is one of them. The Pats won't get him, therefore it's Patriots' prospects only for me. Time to focus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back