PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger saying Adams agent change not a good sign for Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
He says the Pats had a great relationship w/ Cornwich, and he helps get a lot of his clients to sign w/ the Pats. Adam now has Willie's agent who got Willie a contract pretty quick, and has no real relationship w/ the Pats.

That makes sense. In theory I'd be happy with him just leaving and saving the cap money but as we're swimming in cap money it's a little harder to justify that line of thinking right now.

R_T26 said:
He says the Pats had a great relationship w/ Cornwich, and he helps get a lot of his clients to sign w/ the Pats. Adam now has Willie's agent who got Willie a contract pretty quick, and has no real relationship w/ the Pats.

I'm really sick of this whole Adam V. situation. If he wants to go where the money is, let him go. Screw him! We'll sign someone that's effective and who can win games for us. If you look at Adam's field goal percentage last year, it really dropped off from past years. Not saying that he's not a good kicker, but he's not worth 3.5 milion / year. I'd offer him 2 - 2.5 / year and that's it.

BelichickFan said:
That makes sense. In theory I'd be happy with him just leaving and saving the cap money but as we're swimming in cap money it's a little harder to justify that line of thinking right now.
But does it justify over paying for him a great deal?? I think he is going to go for BIG green...wherever it is. I also think the Patriots end up with a strong kicker and move on. Apparently, being paid as the highest of all kickers is not enough.

Pats726 said:
But does it justify over paying for him a great deal?? I think he is going to go for BIG green...wherever it is. I also think the Patriots end up with a strong kicker and move on. Apparently, being paid as the highest of all kickers is not enough.
I don't disagree with you. Having the cap space makes it easier to "just get it done" but that's not the path I would choose.

R_T26 said:

Did Felger mention that Cornwich has been suspended since last season, and that suspension has not been lifted yet? http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...2006/03/21/sources_vinatieri_switches_agents/

The guy he was working with was Jonathan Hurst. Cornwich had a really good relationship with the Patriots. I don't know about Hurst. I don't know what all this means, but I don't have a good feeling about it.

At this point, I'm assuming AV is gone. He's not doing all of this just to come back to NE. He wants some other team to give him big $$. If I'm BB, I start talking to Edinger now. Let's get this over with already.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back