Welcome to PatsFans.com

Felger saying Adams agent change not a good sign for Pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by R_T26, Mar 21, 2006.

1. R_T26

R_T26 Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

He says the Pats had a great relationship w/ Cornwich, and he helps get a lot of his clients to sign w/ the Pats. Adam now has Willie's agent who got Willie a contract pretty quick, and has no real relationship w/ the Pats.
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

That makes sense. In theory I'd be happy with him just leaving and saving the cap money but as we're swimming in cap money it's a little harder to justify that line of thinking right now.
  3. Terence

Terence Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I'm really sick of this whole Adam V. situation. If he wants to go where the money is, let him go. Screw him! We'll sign someone that's effective and who can win games for us. If you look at Adam's field goal percentage last year, it really dropped off from past years. Not saying that he's not a good kicker, but he's not worth 3.5 milion / year. I'd offer him 2 - 2.5 / year and that's it.
  4. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

But does it justify over paying for him a great deal?? I think he is going to go for BIG green...wherever it is. I also think the Patriots end up with a strong kicker and move on. Apparently, being paid as the highest of all kickers is not enough.
  5. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +445 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I don't disagree with you. Having the cap space makes it easier to "just get it done" but that's not the path I would choose.
  6. DefenseRules

DefenseRules Rookie

Ratings:
    +109 / 2 / -1

#12 Jersey

Did Felger mention that Cornwich has been suspended since last season, and that suspension has not been lifted yet? http://www.boston.com/sports/footba...2006/03/21/sources_vinatieri_switches_agents/

The guy he was working with was Jonathan Hurst. Cornwich had a really good relationship with the Patriots. I don't know about Hurst. I don't know what all this means, but I don't have a good feeling about it.
  7. Mosi Moose

Mosi Moose Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

At this point, I'm assuming AV is gone. He's not doing all of this just to come back to NE. He wants some other team to give him big $$. If I'm BB, I start talking to Edinger now. Let's get this over with already.