PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger piece on Pats being in peak form for playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsRI

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=119081&format=&page=1

A good piece that points out the mistakes made and the things done to improve them.

"The feeling didn’t start to take hold until recently, but now I’m sure of it: You should feel good about what the Patriots accomplished this season, no matter what happens the rest of the way. You should feel as confident as ever in Bill Belichick’s program."

"The bottom line is this: There isn’t another roster in the NFL that could lose players like Bruschi, Harrison, Seymour, Light, Koppen, Dillon, Kevin Faulk and Ted Johnson and be in the mix on the eve of the playoffs. There isn’t another staff that could lose seasoned, respected game-planners like Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennel and still have opponents guessing in December. There isn’t another head coach in the league who could lose all of that, in addition to suffering some profound personal losses, and still claim 10 (going on 11) victories with his team primed and ready when it counts the most. The past month has only affirmed Belichick’s greatness."

Last edited:
I dunno. I don't much care for the way Felger takes a season's worth of his talk radio "analysis" and presents it as fact. For example, he takes pure speculation (that Mangini wasn't calling good defenses) and now says the team has corrected it.

My assumption is that Felger's analysis is nothing but talk-radio guessing.

I agree. Hey, when you've got new people calling the signals, and new people every week in the secondary listening to the signals, you HAVE to 'vanilla up' or 'dumb down' the calls.

I thought it was a great in-depth piece.

hwc said:
I dunno. I don't much care for the way Felger takes a season's worth of his talk radio "analysis" and presents it as fact. For example, he takes pure speculation (that Mangini wasn't calling good defenses) and now says the team has corrected it.

My assumption is that Felger's analysis is nothing but talk-radio guessing.

Do you think the same D is being called now as it was in the beginning of the year? I don't. They are so much more aggressive now. I have actually seen blitzes, creating pressure on the QB, which in turn results in sacks and turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes