PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

felger picks jets to win this week

Status
Not open for further replies.
kdawgg3/karl said:
I've been a Pats fan since 1985, and for-give me for saying this but i believe the Jets will win too 23-17. Since the preseason began with the whole Branch situation, i told my friends that if Branch gets traded Brady will bo lost with-out him. Look at the Bills game, he didnt look that good at all. It seems like every-time Brady gets a connection with a wr they get traded, released,or is a free-agent. Another thing is why did BB trade Bethal Johnson, to me BB never gave him a chance. Sorry if you guys think im complaining, im just frustrated right now.

How can any QB look good when he's constantly being pressured and hit and when he finally does get it off it gets batted down at the line of scrimmage. In the first half the oline sucked. The coaching staff made adjustments at the half and the end result was 160 yards passing in the second half alone.

Last edited:
Felger found out during baseball season that negativity towards the Sox sells, and is trying to apply that lesson to football. He will be in for a rude awakening when he discovers that the majority of people treat the Pats differently!

Jacky Roberts said:
I also think the Pats lose on Sunday. I still think they win the division going away, but this Branch thing is going to leave them flat.

I just finished watching the Jets vs Titans game and I can't see how they pull off a victory over our Pats without major help from the Pats themselves. Like Tom throwing 2 ints for TDs. IMO the Buffalo Bills are better the Jets. If we get to Chad it's all over for them. They have no run game and their special teams are awful. I think we can't just forcus on the Pats last performance and ignore the oppositions ability. If we were playing Cinci or Baltimore I would be worried. Just remember we are playing the Jets. We are better than them on our worst day.

Last edited:
kdawgg3/karl said:
I've been a Pats fan since 1985, and for-give me for saying this but i believe the Jets will win too 23-17. Since the preseason began with the whole Branch situation, i told my friends that if Branch gets traded Brady will bo lost with-out him. Look at the Bills game, he didnt look that good at all. It seems like every-time Brady gets a connection with a wr they get traded, released,or is a free-agent. Another thing is why did BB trade Bethal Johnson, to me BB never gave him a chance. Sorry if you guys think im complaining, im just frustrated right now.

I appreciate the fact that at least our demise is now being connected to someone new other Adam V. This turmoil is going to make our rise to the top of the NFL this year even sweeter at the end.

Perhaps we can rename Felger and call him..."FelgSoe" ... he's throwing up Hail Mary's just like Bledsoe himself.

kdawgg3/karl said:

Troy Brown says hi.

The reason we traded Bethel was technical. He sucked as a receiver. couldn't learn the system after a number of years.

Branch was under contract, don't blame the Pats. Why not give Gabriel, Jackson and Caldwell a chance before you start betting on teams like the Jets.

Herald's had Buckley columns lately. He makes me puke.

Felger just a clown with his Borges lite imitation.

Borges I actually enjoy. He's always wrong, but he's like an evil genius villain. He can be completely wrong but make it seem logical.

Of course he's caught in outright lies occasionally.....

kdawgg3/karl said:

It looked to me like the Patriots did badly when their offensive and defensive lines were like sieves and did well when their offensive and defensive lines firmed up. But maybe that's just me.

PatsDeb said:
Great!! Everything he has said these past two weeks (Maroney out; Bruschi in, etc.) has turned out to be the exact opposite! Now we are guaranteed to win!! GO PATS!!!

:ditto: What she said! Plus, give us a few successful deep passes to Gabriel/Caldwell/Jackson, and all the chicken Little's will be saying "Branch who?".
Then we can all just sit back and enjoy the season.:rolleyes:

It's too bad, really.

I want so badly to not have to listen to the right wing political crap from the morons at EEI.

I liked Sean McDonough's show. It was smart and interesting. He let his guests talk and the callers were not all morons who tape themselves on the radio and spend their nights listening to it.

I also think that Felger started out well. He does seem like a nice guy. But he, and his producers, recognize the spike in calls when Borges is on and have been slowly trying to integrate that style of garbage into the whole show.

I have been enjoying the Mike and Mike show in the am on ESPN. They are national and try to take both sides of an issue too much, but if you really like sports that's who you should be listening to IMHO.

Last edited:
Felger has been slowly morphing into the "Borges" of the Boston Herald. I am sick of his anti-Patriot campaign. I have stopped reading him, I don't listen to his show and shut pre and post game off if he is on. Felger is dead to me!

SOME CONCLUSIONS I DRAW FROM THE POSTS IN THIS THREAD

Felger is an idiot.

Anyone who doesn't pick the patriots to win the SB is disrepectful.

Anyone who picks against the pats in any game is an idiot.

Anyone who thinks that the Branch situation affects the players is disloyal (I presume including Brady), or at least uninformed.

MY CONCLUSIONS
The last time we were in this position, we lost 31-0. This time we were prepared, expected to lose Branch? NOT! Last week most here were hoping and expecting a deal with the patriots to be worked out. In any case, the reality will set in.

Of course, we are much better than the jets. And, of course, I pick us to win by at least 2 touchdowns. But then, that is why I don't bet on games.

NEM will say that this is just a business and the players will jsut go out and do their job. More is needed in the NFL. A team needs emotion. Coming out flat wanting to do your job is not enough sometimes. Last week it was enough.

I Tivoed the Jets vs. Titans shortcut from the free Superfan on Sunday. Watched the game last night. Here’s a news flash: THE JETS STINK!!!!

They barely beat the Titans who signed their washed-up starting QB on August 31!! The Jets picked him off three times and still only won on a last minute TD.

Pennington had a pass picked off near the goaline that was negated by an away from the ball pass interference call. Most of his passing yards came from the YAC of L. Coles.

The Jets have no running game whatsoever!!!!

John Abraham is gone, and the Jets had little to no pass rush the entire game. Collins sat back and surveyed the field, unfortunately for Tennessee, he is Kerry Collins, so he missed a lot of open receivers.

I can’t believe the “Chad is back†stuff, he threw nothing but short passes and none of them had any zip on them. His one long pass was a rainbow to Coles. He was also running for his life most of the game.

The Jets lost four fumbles, and their two RBs totaled 71 yards on 30 rushes for a stellar average of about 2.4 yards per rush! (Against Tennessee!!!)

Still Dr. Z picks the Jets as his surprise upset of the week!

The Pats are going to seriously manhandle and *****slap this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes