PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

felger picks jets to win this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
going to great lengths to trash our team...as per his radio show...

Shock jock Shock jock, everybody listen to me!

Silence is the only way to rid ourselves of these types.

why would you even bother listening to him or reading his crap? Are you masochist?

Why do some of you disrespect yourselves by listening to that moron? For your own sanity, leave that crack pipe alone. :p

Felger is nearing the absurdity of the morning 'EEI clowns. I stopped listening to those jokers months ago. Boston is too big of a market to waste airtime on those guys and Planet Mikey. It is all crap.

Felger obviously has a hate on for the Pats, but why? Is he going thru some personal issues? I used to enjoy listening to him, esp. on NEST, but he is negative about everything. Pats, Sox, all of it.

It will be nice to win in February and shut these clowns up.

Last year he had best football show on radio.
Now its got to be the worst.

I also think the Pats lose on Sunday. I still think they win the division going away, but this Branch thing is going to leave them flat.

LloydBraun said:
Felger is nearing the absurdity of the morning 'EEI clowns. I stopped listening to those jokers months ago. Boston is too big of a market to waste airtime on those guys and Planet Mikey. It is all crap.

Felger obviously has a hate on for the Pats, but why? Is he going thru some personal issues? I used to enjoy listening to him, esp. on NEST, but he is negative about everything. Pats, Sox, all of it.

It will be nice to win in February and shut these clowns up.

It's not hate, it's competition. If Felger says something nice, he'll get a thread with a few "right ons!" on a smattering of smileys that will die quickly.

OTOH, if he says something stupid, everyone on the board bristles and threads go for hours, even days. Phone response is correlated positively to this, I am sure.

I probably was great for ratings initially when he was doing the good football talk, targeting those that were fed up with all the crap on WEEI. However, there was a point when ratings leveled off and he and the producers decided that it was time to be a little more "edgy".

It isn't that he got stupid over night, he is just phishing for listeners. People love to b!tch and moan more than nod in agreement. It is a great business practice, but it sucks for people like us who would rather learn something.

His radio show is dying and he is trying to generate interest in any way he can.

Great!! Everything he has said these past two weeks (Maroney out; Bruschi in, etc.) has turned out to be the exact opposite! Now we are guaranteed to win!! GO PATS!!!

The only reason he is employed is because people listen to him so they can bash him.

Don't listen and
1. You won't be contributing to the problem
2. If enough people don't listen, he goes away!

I caught a few minutes of his act this afternoon. He had Borges on (I didn't listen) and then a caller named Sean (I'm wondering if it was one of us) called to challenge some of the things Borges had said. Felger agreed with the caller but said he wasn't going to get into a p*ssing match with Bogus every week and that he did in fact disagree with some of the things Bogus says.

I'm starting to wonder how Felger sleeps at night prostituting himself the way he is.

He was also said that the reason the passing game suffered this week was because none of the receivers could get open. That's when my head exploded.

Now I wasn't there so I couldn't see if they were open or not but I did see that Brady had no time to pass the damn ball. There was someone in his face almost all the time. He could have had a 1,000 receivers but if the pass gets knocked down at the line of scrimmage, you're still not going to be able to get it to them.

Felger is a complete loser; he is a contrarian, because he's trying to get a response out of people the only way he can. He can't compete with EEI, just like no one else down the dial has been able to. As far as I'm concerned, I've completely marginalized him. He came on the Fifth Quarter show the other night after the game, and I turned it off. I've stopped reading his column a while ago, and there's no way I'll ever listen to his show. What a waste of time. A number of the previous posters are correct; just don't listen or read him and he'll go away.

I tend to get most of my breaking Patriots news from Mike Reiss.

pats60 said:
Last year he had best football show on radio.
Now its got to be the worst.

Agree. I stopped streaming it. It's horrible. He's so negative all the time. He's also wrong a lot, and he's suppose to be one of the people that we rely on. I honestly get my news from my friends here at PatsFans, or I make it.:)

It's funny because both he and Borges defend themselves by saying "I don't brown nose, I call it like I see it." They don't get that we laugh at them because they don't have a clue. In other words, the "see it" wrong.

On top of it all, they don't usually get any kind of scoops, because the insiders on the team won't talk to them. That just gets them more mad.

Last week to hear Felger say Maroney wouldn't play, and that Bruschi would, and that J. Smith was only brought it to spy on the Bills. He's just making stuff up, and it's sad. I mean to me, it's really sad. We use to have the best sport pages in the country, and now they suck.

I hope the team doesn't have the post Branch game, like they did the post Milloy game. It would kill be if Felger got one right, and the Pats lost. He's a complete clown.

Chicago_Patriots_Nation said:
I would love to bump into Felger and Borges one of these days!
Funny thing is, I actually have bumped into him and he is a really nice guy in person. He has to get ratings, and it is a competitive market. He is going to say things off the cuff now because he needs people to call in and argue with him.

You have to realize that a lot of these guys feel sports radio is show biz so they sometimes have to play a long to get ratings. Of course I buymped into him when he was just a writer and not the ESPN radio host, but people I know that have worked at NEST still say he hasn't changed behind the cameras.

And the Boston media has made the Branch situation a circus and forced it more and more into the players faces. Of course it is weighing on them now that it is constantly in their face. It will effect them. I am not sure that means the lose the game, especially if the run D plays well (against Barlow it should) and forces Pennington to pass more.

Felger is just trying for ratings (and doing a poor job), sensationalismn cannot work in the long run in an area of well informed fans. He would be so much better off talking about football and not gossip and Wrong Bogus type bull spit.

I think they adopt the us VS them mindset, they alone against the hostile world. That will bring them together as a team.

They win BIGand go on to two winning trips to Miami this year.

Did he say, "they hate their coach"?

I've been a Pats fan since 1985, and for-give me for saying this but i believe the Jets will win too 23-17. Since the preseason began with the whole Branch situation, i told my friends that if Branch gets traded Brady will bo lost with-out him. Look at the Bills game, he didnt look that good at all. It seems like every-time Brady gets a connection with a wr they get traded, released,or is a free-agent. Another thing is why did BB trade Bethal Johnson, to me BB never gave him a chance. Sorry if you guys think im complaining, im just frustrated right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back