PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: Pats fans can still jeer Steelers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Points by Felger

I was getting ready to root for the Steelers, AFC, Pats main foe, Seattle sucks, however, I forgot about those "the best team didn't win" cries so I'm starting to think I can root for Seattle, I just don't think they can win away from Seattle.

p8ryts said:
I was getting ready to root for the Steelers, AFC, Pats main foe, Seattle sucks, however, I forgot about those "the best team didn't win" cries so I'm starting to think I can root for Seattle, I just don't think they can win away from Seattle.
That was the final straw for me on the Steelers.

I was actually raised a Steeler fan by my die-hard Dad, in Steeler Country. Parents divorced, Mom drags kids from Pennsylvania to Northern Maine and I'm forced to watch "these pathetic Patriots every damn week". Years of abuse somehow transitioned me into rooting for the Pats (the games were abusive, not the parents). But I never rooted against the Steelers. Ever. Unless they were playing the Patriots. The Old Man was content with that.

Then came those fateful words. "Sometimes the better team doesn't win." And all my old Steeler garb, tucked in the closet under layers of Pats gear, went to the Goodwill.

He thought he had me back in the cult after rooting 'em on against Denver, and the Colts the week before that. Alas, no... that was just my hate for Denver and Paymetons. I thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack yesterday when I told him I was rooting for the Seahawks.

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
That was the final straw for me on the Steelers.

I was actually raised a Steeler fan by my die-hard Dad, in Steeler Country. Parents divorced, Mom drags kids from Pennsylvania to Northern Maine and I'm forced to watch "these pathetic Patriots every damn week". Years of abuse somehow transitioned me into rooting for the Pats (the games were abusive, not the parents). But I never rooted against the Steelers. Ever. Unless they were playing the Patriots. The Old Man was content with that.

Then came those fateful words. "Sometimes the better team doesn't win." And all my old Steeler garb, tucked in the closet under layers of Pats gear, went to the Goodwill.

He thought he had me back in the cult after rooting 'em on against Denver, and the Colts the week before that. Alas, no... that was just my hate for Denver and Paymetons. I thought the poor guy was going to have a heart attack yesterday when I told him I was rooting for the Seahawks.

Wow. that means you and Andy Gresh have something in common. Although he reamins a Steeler fan.

People have short memories, it was nice they smacked the over confident colts, but come on what have the squeelers won.. Nothing.. Sorry but they will never ever get my support, only if it benifits the Pats....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back