PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger: Patriots Should Put An End To The Lawlessness

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wlecome aboard, Mikesjag.

RayClay said:
I've changed my mind recently and I think they're going to sign Law.

It's all about the ego with Law.

He's not going to get the big payday with anybody, so if we give him a back loaded contract he can say he's playing for the team or the ring or the hall, things he can't say elsewhere.

I think just the opposite on the contract approach. We are not going to revisit 2004-2005. I think BB has been trying to get through to Ty about reality, and legacy, and that ain't gonna include any backloaded cap catastrophe can't survive without a restructure deal. Fair up front money, lots of easily achievable incentives that perhaps trigger realistic and bankable guarantees in a contract he and we can live with to the un-bitter end. Not a one and done hissy scenario that leaves him on the street with his thumb out again, or paints BB as the "liar" for not honoring a couple of salary backloaded phantom years everyone but Ty apparently knew he was never going to see.

I think that is what Pioli is now exchanging proposals on. Something with potential the Poston's can momentarily spin that is still rooted in reality. If the Redskins cap guy could confuse Carl to their advantage on the Arrington deal, Pioli should be able to razzle dazzle him to the point his eyes cross before he gets through the fine print. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
mikesjag said:
Why does it say

"Last edited by AStack75 : 09-12-2005 at 08:41 PM." on my first post on a date before I joined?
Some kind of board issue, it seemingly randomely does that.

Isn't this just the same sort of crap from Felger for Law as for Vinatieri? Felger is still making occasional noises on how stupid it was for us to lose Adam and I seem to remember he was of the same opinon about Law, didn't he say we should have paid him the outrageous money? It shouldn't surprise anyone that he's still pushing for Law to be back.

He's obsessed about his OWN opinion of certain players and can't stomach or accept the fact that HIS favorites were not worth as much to BB as they were to him. He's turned into a rockheaded, self-opinionated media idiot cut from the same cloth as most of the other mouthy, turds with delusions of grandeur and over-developed senses of importance.

;)

MoLewisrocks said:
I think just the opposite on the contract approach. We are not going to revisit 2004-2005. I think BB has been trying to get through to Ty about reality, and legacy, and that ain't gonna include any backloaded cap catastrophe can't survive without a restructure deal. Fair up front money, lots of easily achievable incentives that perhaps trigger realistic and bankable guarantees in a contract he and we can live with to the un-bitter end. Not a one and done hissy scenario that leaves him on the street with his thumb out again, or paints BB as the "liar" for not honoring a couple of salary backloaded phantom years everyone but Ty apparently knew he was never going to see.

I think that is what Pioli is now exchanging proposals on. Something with potential the Poston's can momentarily spin that is still rooted in reality. If the Redskins cap guy could confuse Carl to their advantage on the Arrington deal, Pioli should be able to razzle dazzle him to the point his eyes cross before he gets through the fine print. :D

I need to talk to a capologist on this. There's some way teams can offer 25 mil
contracts yet cut the player after 2 years and pay 3 mil and take a dead money hit.

These type of things make my brain hurt and I don't understand them.

It just seems the perfect solution for an ego driven guy like Ty who has to drive a Bentley down the main drag in S. Miami.

Maybe it's impossible to reach incentives or something, but I know I see these huge contracs in headlines and you know the guy won't get half that.

Ty just wants a big headline showing his big contract. It's all about the ego.

l

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill