PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger on WEEI: ESPN hates the Pats off-camera, too

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
was talking just now how much ESPN guys hates the pats.during the KC game the people were watching the game at some huge complex with big tv screens and all the ESPN guys cheered when the KC drive was happening and were downright giddy during the superbowl after the pats lost. not that felger needed to confirm this about ESPN but anything +ve they say about the pats according to me is all superflous.

That dosent surprise me in the least bit.....

Amazing how these so called "sports journalists" never stop to stun me with these articles...

That dosent surprise me in the least bit.....

Amazing how these so called "sports journalists" never stop to stun me with these articles...

I am trying to think who drew first blood in this 'fight' between the Pats and ESPN. I can only remember back to Tom Jackson saying "this team hates their coach"...and BB saying F-U to him after we won the SB. But that is just Jackson vs. Belichick. Anyone know the history better? Did all this come to a head before or after SpyGate?

Well, considering Ditka admitted on national TV this morning he hates the Pats and Tom Jackson is incapable of hiding his disdain for the Pats, is it really surprising. The only guys who remotely likes the Pats on the ESPN crew are Keyshawn and Boomer although Boomer is a a Bills fan.

Felger's changed this year-for the better I might add:eek: He's still somewhat of a contrarian but he acts and talks more like a fan than he used to. I'm sorta surprised that he came out and said that about BSPN seeing as he's done occasional spots/ interviews with them, but definitely there's been a shift in the way he's been presenting himself.

Also weird is how the H****d had the preseason Pats interviews too-Rodney,Kraft, Vrabel,etc.

Whatever works-as long as BSPN is O-U-T. Felger's been pretty decent on Sports Tonight too. Maybe I'm just circling my own NE broadcasting wagons against ***N, but I've really been enjoying local Pats TV this year.

Tom curran picked the jets to win. thinks it will be a lot harder for cassel because the jets are one team which knows cassel a bit has has gameplanned for him for the whole week unlike the chiefs and jets will ride emotionally in their home opener for favre and win a close one.

Tom curran picked the jets to win. thinks it will be a lot harder for cassel because the jets are one team which knows cassel a bit has has gameplanned for him for the whole week unlike the chiefs and jets will ride emotionally in their home opener for favre and win a close one.

Curran's had flashes of brilliance but...LOL...I'll never forget a few months ago when he was commenting on how sweet Brady's life was; dating a supermodel,jetsetting across Europe, NO KIDS.....lmao Tanguay lit him up for that one.

The Jets are at home and have the veteran QB - they think they can win the division - they had BETTER win because the return match is in Foxboro. I think the Patriots can win but a loss is nothing more than the Jets holding serve; a Patriot win is an absolute disaster for the Jets.

perillo,felger,nelson,curran all picked the jets to win.frankly i see their point for a change. its tough game on the road , jets opener for favre and cassel's first start against a coach who knows a bit about him and a pretty decent defense. lets hope they are all wrong...

The Jets are at home and have the veteran QB - they think they can win the division - they had BETTER win because the return match is in Foxboro. I think the Patriots can win but a loss is nothing more than the Jets holding serve; a Patriot win is an absolute disaster for the Jets.

ironically the pats have won in jersey last 7 times but lost a couple of times in foxboro..

cassel's first start against a coach who knows a bit about him
I don't buy this part, Mangina knows little to nothing about Cassel as he has barely played and Cassel would have been running the scout team when Mangina was here. He also has no clue how the Patriots will use Cassel as we've never game planned for a Cassel start. I do worry that Mangina will call some blitzes that Cassel has trouble adjusting to, though.

perillo,felger,nelson,curran all picked the jets to win.frankly i see their point for a change. its tough game on the road , jets opener for favre and cassel's first start against a coach who knows a bit about him and a pretty decent defense. lets hope they are all wrong...

I guess I haven't tasted the Jets' Kool-Aid that a large number of the people in the media has. I think they are a decent team, but still in the 7-9 game range. I don't think they are a great team though.

As for Mangini knowing Cassel angle, Mangini left the Pats after Cassel's rookie season. To say he knows Cassel's strengths and weaknesses is a huge overstatement. Do people think Cassel has the same weaknesses he had as a rookie. For example, Brady's weaknesses as a rookie was that he didn't have any armstrength to throw the deep ball and was too thin making durability an issue. Were those really weaknesses for Brady in his career thus far? No because Brady did a lot of things to correct those weaknesses.

I guess I haven't tasted the Jets' Kool-Aid that a large number of the people in the media has. I think they are a decent team, but still in the 7-9 game range. I don't think they are a great team though.

As for Mangini knowing Cassel angle, Mangini left the Pats after Cassel's rookie season. To say he knows Cassel's strengths and weaknesses is a huge overstatement. Do people think Cassel has the same weaknesses he had as a rookie. For example, Brady's weaknesses as a rookie was that he didn't have any armstrength to throw the deep ball and was too thin making durability an issue. Were those really weaknesses for Brady in his career thus far? No because Brady did a lot of things to correct those weaknesses.

well you are right but again we are hopeful of cassel than knowing what he will do so its natural to give the jets defense an edge to begin the game. if we were neutral observers and two teams playing with one guy making his first start since HS and another playing 200+ start on a home opener behind an big expectant crowd i think the advantage is with the jets

Re: Felger on WEEI

My sense of this game is that the Jets will win, possibly humiliating the Pats in the process. A less extreme repeat of the 2003 Buffalo Bills 31-0 blowout. Cassel will make a few hairbrained decisions, the offense will lose confidence, the Jets will sense moral weakness, and become all the more invigorated after years of frustration. Then Pats D will keep them in the game, but eventually wear down., with Favre hitting some big plays against the Pats cbs.

Following the game, there will be a crisis of confidence. The press will be in a frenzy, the fan base depressed.

This will be exactly the moment when the team leaders will need to show their character.

And they will.

Maybe after another speed bump or two, Cassel will develop into a talented starting QB, capable of leading the team deep into the playoffs.

well you are right but again we are hopeful of cassel than knowing what he will do so its natural to give the jets defense an edge to begin the game. if we were neutral observers and two teams playing with one guy making his first start since HS and another playing 200+ start on a home opener behind an big expectant crowd i think the advantage is with the jets

I think the Jets have a lot of advantages, but so do the Pats. The Jets have no gamefilm on Cassel other than last week, that season ending game against the Dolphins, and some mop up duty. It is hard for players to study his tendencies. Also, the Jets have no idea how the Pats are going to approach this game since you don't know the balance of them gameplanning vs. the Jets and putting Cassel in a position to win. Also, all the pressure is on the Jets. If the Pats lose, they have the Cassel excuse. If the Jets lose, their confidence is shaken because they can't beat the Pats even without Tom Brady.

I think it is going to be a close game, but I still like the Pats' chances. I saw several things in the Jets/Dolphins game that if the Jets were playing a better team might have cost them really big.

I don't have a lot of confidence in Cassel - but it's not because "Mangina knows him".

I think it is going to be a close game, but I still like the Pats' chances. I saw several things in the Jets/Dolphins game that if the Jets were playing a better team might have cost them really big.

I agree...but same can be said about our team vs. the Chiefs. How the Chiefs couldn't get it in on 4 attempts inside the 5yd line is beyond me. Regardless, it is a new game and I think the Pats should respond with pride and class and pull out a very close game.

Tom picked against us a lot last season... And Nellie picked the Pats to win on All Access...Paul and Michael would rather play objective conrarian than be right.

I think the Jets have a lot of advantages, but so do the Pats. The Jets have no gamefilm on Cassel other than last week, that season ending game against the Dolphins, and some mop up duty. It is hard for players to study his tendencies. Also, the Jets have no idea how the Pats are going to approach this game since you don't know the balance of them gameplanning vs. the Jets and putting Cassel in a position to win. Also, all the pressure is on the Jets. If the Pats lose, they have the Cassel excuse. If the Jets lose, their confidence is shaken because they can't beat the Pats even without Tom Brady.

Not the least of which are turnovers or potential turnovers capitalized on... Favre's second TD was classic Favre, and a gift. Were Brady starting this would be shaping up as a massacre...

My sense of this game is that the Jets will win, possibly humiliating the Pats in the process. A less extreme repeat of the 2003 Buffalo Bills 31-0 blowout. Cassel will make a few hairbrained decisions, the offense will lose confidence, the Jets will sense moral weakness, and become all the more invigorated after years of frustration.

Following the game, there will be a crisis of confidence. The press will be in a frenzy, the fan base depressed.

This will be exactly the moment when the team leaders will need to show their character.

I agree. But I think that this game is over by halftime: 21-3; final: 31-10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes