PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger on Seymour's Contract extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
On ESPN radio yesterday, he said when we find out the numbers in the Seymour contrat we will be "blown away". This guy is a future HOF, I pray it still gets done.

The only thing that would blow me away would be him taking a home town discount. :D

Blown away??? Like in way high?? or way low?? Didn't hear him so??? WHat else did he say??

R_T26 said:
As in "big money"

Maybe they announce it this weekend to blunt the Adam Green Bay news?

Last edited:
Excellent (quasi)-news. There a lot of unique, wonderful players on our team, but only Brady and Seymour are truly irreplaceable.

As Long As It Gets Done I Will Be Ecstatic!

So is the implication that there is in fact a contract in place? We've already known for years now that the numbers he wants will blow us away.

How many games will the AV news win or lose? The Management will do what is right for team, when it is right for the team. I don't think they care about the AV publicity.

The roster bonus decisions are finally done. Now it is time to work on extending Seymour and look at a few free agents. For me, there has yet to be any big surprises so far in patriot free agency transactions, except perhaps not restructuring Green (but that could have been done and not announced).

BigMike said:
Maybe they announce it this weekend to blunt the Adam Green Bay news?

Warren received $36 million for 6 years with a $10 million bonus.

Perhaps Seymour will get $50 million for 5 years with a $15 million bonus???

Capology is not my specialty so thoughts?

Depends on if he gets DT money or DE money.

AS OF 2/2006

DEFENSIVE ENDS: $8,332,000/$7,075,000

The top 10: Simeon Rice, T.B. $10,700,000; BRYANT YOUNG, 49ERS, $7,878,549; Jason Taylor, Mia. $7,859,583; Adewale Ogunleye, Chi. $7,673,160; Reggie Hayward, Jack. $7,550,000; Michael Strahan, N.Y. Giants $7,478,285; Patrick Kerney, Atl. $5,664,285; Mike Rucker, Car. $5,574,000; Richard Seymour, N.E. $5,264,000; Aaron Smith, Pitt. $5,110,666.

DEFENSIVE TACKLES: $5,656,000/$4,463,000

The top 10: Jamal Williams, S.D. $6,742,400; Marcus Stroud, Jack. $6,522,000; Pat Williams, Minn. $6,066,666; La'Roi Glover, Dal. $5,200,000; Dewayne Robertson, N.Y. Jets 3,751,105; Anthony McFarland, T.B. $3,506,236; Montae Reagor, Ind. $3,456,333; Josh Williams, Ind. $3,200,000; John Thornton, Cin. $3,125,000; Johnathan Sullivan, N.O. $3,062,546.

Last edited:
Has this been going on for awhile? This is the first I have heard about a Seymour extension.

Big Seymour is really a MUST.
we HAVE to keep him with us as long as possible...
he is a force and he is dominant.

Is Felger implying the contract is done or that what Seymour wants will blow us away?

A good question...

We need to sign him to an extension this year or someone will offer him a ridiculous contract that we won't match next year. I guess we could franchise him but I would rather see Seymour happy and dominating.

The only thing that would blow me away is if we didn't sign him. A seven year $60-70 mil contract with 18-20 mil signing bonus would not shock me. I think BB believes that Sey is the best defensive player in the league and will pay him accordingly.

I listened to much of Felger's show yesterday. All I heard was a lot of speculation talk about what they are doing sitting on $20M+ in cap and how there will be a hue and cry if they don't spend to the cap either on FA signings or resigning their own. Michael did say the other day that he "hears" that Richard wants a $20M signing bonus minimum. Nothing new there. Felger has long contended Richard wants to be highest paid, and nothing Richard has said in the last year has contradicted that impression.

I think speculating Richard's contract demands will blow us away is like saying R T26 likes to start threads.

I don't like franchising very well, since it seems to tick off the player, but I would consider franchising Seymour for $7-8m before offering $50m for 5 years! Still not a great solution. Here's hoping Sey will give us 5 years for $39m. Still no chump change! And he wants good teammates, right?

Hooded Sweatshirt said:
Is Felger implying the contract is done or that what Seymour wants will blow us away?

That was my take as well - its safe to assume Felger isn't privvy to negotions, if there are any going on right now.

He's speculating that given what many FAs are getting that Seymour will demand and, if the parties reach an agreement, ultimately recieve a monster contract.

Tell us something we don't know Felger. Thanks for the "news"!

Franchising for 8 mill would add up to 65.756 mill over 5 years, because you would increase 20% per year.
Even 7 mill would turn into 58 mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey