PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

FElger on NEST re Givens

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Felger thinks that the Patriots are not out of the Givens race. He thinks that they made him an offer. He thinks that they told him to go out and get the best offer he can, and see if they can match it.

He didn't say how he knows this or if this is just a feeling on his part.

It makes sense..It's gonna go down to either Houston or new England. I cannot possibly imagine why Givesn would go there over here unless they gave him more money.

BionicPatriot said:
It makes sense..It's gonna go down to either Houston or new England. I cannot possibly imagine why Givesn would go there over here unless they gave him more money.
He's from Texas..might that be a reason??

Pats726 said:
He's from Texas..might that be a reason??

Hope he doesn't resist like the Alamo.

Fleger also said the it's 50-50 with Adam. He's looking for a 5mil signing bonus.

Willie's interview could have been a message to the Patriots, 'call me', according to Felger.

PATSNUTme said:
Fleger also said the it's 50-50 with Adam. He's looking for a 5mil signing bonus.

Willie's interview could have been a message to the Patriots, 'call me', according to Felger.
Well..even at 50-50..that is better than a few days...The fact that Longwell has set the mark means that teams will not go all that over it...I really think AV could be here..unless he doesn't wish to return, which is still a possibility.
I have a feeling that Willie will be back..maybe 75-25..but it is hard to tell what is really going on. A signal to call?? Why doesn't he call the Pats?? Or are there other things going on under the surface?? Not at all sure...I do think it will be hard to retain DGivens...which is how I felt months ago. In fact that they are even still in the game surprises me...wesp with Branch and a big contract coming up. If somehow they could snare both, THAT would be a coup.

Nobody said Adam is looking for $5M. Gresh just theorized that the AAV or salary may not be a problem because Longwell set the market. He said some team MIGHT blow him away by guaranteeing a much larger bonus than the $3M Longwell got - like $5M. And he and Felger both felt the Patriots would not be willing to match an offer with that kind of SB. None of the NESTers seemed to know anything, just the usual opinions.

MoLewisrocks said:
Nobody said Adam is looking for $5M. Gresh just theorized that the AAV or salary may not be a problem because Longwell set the market. He said some team MIGHT blow him away by guaranteeing a much larger bonus than the $3M Longwell got - like $5M. And he and Felger both felt the Patriots would not be willing to match an offer with that kind of SB. None of the NESTers seemed to know anything, just the usual opinions.

Just heard it again and you are right. It was speculation that someone could offer a $5mil bonus.

It was NOT that Adam was looking for the $5mil as I originally thought they said.

Thanks for the correction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey