PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Felger on Moss....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once again Felger thinks HE is the story. He likes to stir things up to draw attention to himself. Ever since Doug Flutie kicked the first drop kick in about 40 years, and Felger said "that's nice for Dougie" in his sarcastic little snicker, and basically tried to say that the play made a mockery of the game, I lost any remaining respect for this fraud. I wish he would go back to Wisconsin or whatever second rate place he is from. He is a guy that has his own agenda, and it's not hard to figure out what that might be... Make as big a name for Mike Felger as possible, and do so at any cost.

You know, guys like Peter King or Peter Gammons can be tough on teams, coaches, management, and players and still be respected. Oh sorry, I guess that takes TALENT and HARD WORK... There are guys that you read and have confidence that they can back up what they say, but with Felger you are always left wondering what his agenda is....Make a name for Mike Felger, do so at any cost, and don't let the truth get in the way of a story that might get him some attention...

I'll take Mike Reiss, Pete King and Michael Holly over Felger the Fraud any day. While he is looking in the mirror (ala Ron Burgundy) those guys are working.

foxborofan

I just read the article in question.
What a sourpuss Felger is.

On a darker note, the part of the article that disturbed me was Felger's giving Moss a pass on turning his back on Banks, and commenting, "just wait 'til Sept". All too predictable will be Felger dragging up the muck the first time Moss drops a pass in a game. It'll be "Dillon-baitng" part II.

Started to read the first page,than thought why am I reading this? I know the outcome.Felger will trash Moss, (only acsentuate the negative) and I'll think that's Moss being Moss in training camp,And Felgess BEING Felgess,his typical self.Never heard or saw a negative thing about the Pats he didn't like.

+ a metric ton!

Guys, the homerism's gotta stop. If Moss isn't going full speed in practice, it means he's not taking things seriously here. How is it going to look for young players when team leaders like Harrison and Brady and Bruschi appear to be looking the other way while a guy dogs it?

It's super early, but if in real camp he's still jogging around and thinking that he can just "play when he wants to play" I'm going to start getting worried.

I'm still unconvinced that Moss isn't going to wind up being a bust here. If he catches 6 touchdowns and has one nice sideline catch per game it'll be worth it, but I'm going to keep my expectations low until he proves that he has a work ethic, which is a major part to the Patriots successes over the years.

Guys, the homerism's gotta stop. If Moss isn't going full speed in practice, it means he's not taking things seriously here. How is it going to look for young players when team leaders like Harrison and Brady and Bruschi appear to be looking the other way while a guy dogs it?

It's super early, but if in real camp he's still jogging around and thinking that he can just "play when he wants to play" I'm going to start getting worried.

I'm still unconvinced that Moss isn't going to wind up being a bust here. If he catches 6 touchdowns and has one nice sideline catch per game it'll be worth it, but I'm going to keep my expectations low until he proves that he has a work ethic, which is a major part to the Patriots successes over the years.

I agree. Many people took the questionable report that Moss ran a 4.3 in private with his trainer as gospel and then trash Felger because he said Moss dogged it in minicamp. I think he not trying hard in minicamp is bigger than people give it credit, but in the grand scheme of things isn't that big if he turns it around in training camp.

What does scare me is that Moss' performance in minicamp does add a little validity to Tom Walsh's comments in Borges' piece right before he "retired" that Moss was dogging it so much in Oakland that they gave him Friday's off. I know Belichick will never let it get to that point, but it does concern me a bit whether he is working as hard as he should to get up to speed with our offense.

I'm mildly concerned about Moss myself. I imagine BB knows the score with this guy and will have him on a short leash come July.

I agree. Many people took the questionable report that Moss ran a 4.3 in private with his trainer as gospel and then trash Felger because he said Moss dogged it in minicamp. I think he not trying hard in minicamp is bigger than people give it credit, but in the grand scheme of things isn't that big if he turns it around in training camp.

What does scare me is that Moss' performance in minicamp does add a little validity to Tom Walsh's comments in Borges' piece right before he "retired" that Moss was dogging it so much in Oakland that they gave him Friday's off. I know Belichick will never let it get to that point, but it does concern me a bit whether he is working as hard as he should to get up to speed with our offense.[/ there was more press there than anyone can imagine, local tons of national press, yet only felger writes he was "dogging" it, are the rest of the media blind? stupid? no, felger is being felger and i guess if you watch someone for every second of the camp you would see the same, thats what dumbo did , take it from who its coming from , he has annointed himself the borges replacement just ignore him

Out of all the 40 local and national sportswriters covering the Pat's min-camp, Felger is the only one who called Moss out as lazy and slow. Who to believe? 39-1 Hmmmm.

Has anyone emailed Peter King yet to tell him how Felger has dissed him? Maybe that's what Felger wants, start a p*ssing contest with a nationally recognized sports personality, maybe get his name mentioned in King's column. Gotta be good for the old career eh Micheal?

Last edited:

I don't think questioning Felgers integrity means that everyone with a comment in this thread is a homer. I don't think hoping that a new player has a solid season makes me a homer. I don't think that expecting a player who has put up a 1,000 yards in 7 of his 10 season seasons to make an impact on my team makes me a homer. I don't think that being optimistic that this guy is going to "fit in" well and not be a problem makes me a home either.

When you consider Brady's ability to spread the ball around, and the other talent we have on this team I don't think Moss is going to catch 100 balls for 1200 yards and 15 TD's. I do think it's reasonable to expect that he could go for something like 60 grabs, and 650 yards but the key is that he will be the difference in a game or two. He has that ability. He also have the presence to change the game on plays that he doesn't even touch the ball.

Because FELGER says he saw Moss dog it on a couple of plays in a JUNE MINI CAMP, and some people take exception to that does not make us homer's.

foxborfan

there was more press there than anyone can imagine, local tons of national press, yet only felger writes he was "dogging" it, are the rest of the media blind? stupid? no, felger is being felger and i guess if you watch someone for every second of the camp you would see the same, thats what dumbo did , take it from who its coming from , he has annointed himself the borges replacement just ignore him

Tom Casale from Patriots Football Weekly said Moss was dogging it (in fact, he has been more adament about it than Felger). Karen Guregian said Moss was dogging it. Steve DeOssie said Moss was dogging it on Sports Final the other night. Plenty of other writers and analysts have said that Moss was dogging it in practice.

The national guys are only writing one story on the Patriots for their entire minicamp. Local guys are writing stories every day or every few days. You are not going to see national guys write about him dogging it on a few sprints. Even the local guys didn't make it the top story coming out of camp. Felger's piece didn't even come out until the Monday after minicamp that ended Friday. Hence the Herald didn't make it the biggest story. Others have said he dogged it, but it isn't the biggest story coming out

Out of all the 40 local and national sportswriters covering the Pat's min-camp, Felger is the only one who called Moss out as lazy and slow. Who to believe? 39-1 Hmmmm.

That Felger piece was not the first time that I had heard of Moss running slow, sloppy crossing routes and being last in sprints. I can't remember the other article, but he wasn't the first one to say that.

When you consider Brady's ability to spread the ball around, and the other talent we have on this team I don't think Moss is going to catch 100 balls for 1200 yards and 15 TD's. I do think it's reasonable to expect that he could go for something like 60 grabs, and 650 yards but the key is that he will be the difference in a game or two. He has that ability. He also have the presence to change the game on plays that he doesn't even touch the ball.

For everything we want to say about Deion Branch, he ran any route that he was asked to run and made tough catches in traffic (XXXIX). He earned the #1 reciever spot. Whoever becomes Brady's "go-to" guy is going to have to have that kind of ethic, whether it's Stallworth, Gaffney, or Welker. If Moss doesn't step up and come to grips with taking a few hits and listening to what Brady tells him in the huddle without a moment of hesitation, he's quickly going to become a decoy. Will he be alright with that? Running fly routes just so that Welker can get open as we run a more traditional offense that's suited to Brady's ability to see the field?

It's great to have a guy who's capable of making that game breaking catch every once in a while, but if he doesn't practice hard, I have a feeling Brady isn't going to reward him in games. At that point he's just taking up space, especially considering he's going to resent feeling underutilized.

Look at this really straightforwardly: the sticking point for most of us when he got here was the oft-repeated line that he dogged it the last year in Minnesota and every year in Oakland because he "wasn't happy losing." Now, he's in a position to win a super bowl, and he's jogging around the field? There are serious questions about Moss's physical status right now, and he's not doing himself any favors in the eyes of his team by being lazy. What does it say about his attitude that he's not going the extra mile? Imagine this is you, and you get a new job after screwing up your old one. Do you start your first week coming in late?

Tom Casale from Patriots Football Weekly said Moss was dogging it (in fact, he has been more adament about it than Felger). Karen Guregian said Moss was dogging it. Steve DeOssie said Moss was dogging it on Sports Final the other night. Plenty of other writers and analysts have said that Moss was dogging it in practice.

The national guys are only writing one story on the Patriots for their entire minicamp. Local guys are writing stories every day or every few days. You are not going to see national guys write about him dogging it on a few sprints. Even the local guys didn't make it the top story coming out of camp. Felger's piece didn't even come out until the Monday after minicamp that ended Friday. Hence the Herald didn't make it the biggest story. Others have said he dogged it, but it isn't the biggest story coming out
its a learning camp, learning the plays and schemes, how can you go full tilt when its the first time learning the plays , also would you like to have rip a hammy and then we can all say he was hustling , hes a proven pro hes getting ready at his own pace

From Karen Guregian's piece on Sunday:

Moss’ reputation as someone who doesn’t always hustle wasn’t made up. He did a lot of trotting out there. During sprints, he always finished near the back of the pack, which is laughable for someone who is supposed to be one of the fastest guys on the team and someone trying to make an impression. Naturally, it will all be excused if he puts up the numbers that are expected. Can you say Manny Ramirez [stats]?

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=1005682&format=&page=2

its a learning camp, learning the plays and schemes, how can you go full tilt when its the first time learning the plays , also would you like to have rip a hammy and then we can all say he was hustling , hes a proven pro hes getting ready at his own pace

Come on that is an excuse. The guy hustling the hardest out there on all accounts was Welker and Stallworth wasn't far behind. Heck, Brady called Welker a Labadore because of his hustle. There were a lot of new guys busting their asses out there and Moss wasn't one of them.

I don't think it is a huge deal that Moss was dogging it in minicamp, but if it goes into training camp it is going to become a problem. Moss has also had injuries each of the last three years and some of them may be attributed to conditioning. I wonder if Moss dogging it in the past may be affecting his ability to stay healthy. Maybe, maybe not. But Moss hasn't been a dominant player in three years and maybe what he has done in the past isn't working now that he is getting up there in age.

Making excuses for the guy only goes so far. First, his effort problems was he was playing for a horrible team. Now it is he is working at his own pace. At some point if he continues to dog it, people have to accept the facts that Moss is just lazy in practice.

Last edited:
Come on that is an excuse. The guy hustling the hardest out there on all accounts was Welker and Stallworth wasn't far behind. Heck, Brady called Welker a Labadore because of his hustle. There were a lot of new guys busting their asses out there and Moss wasn't one of them.

I don't think it is a huge deal that Moss was dogging it in minicamp, but if it goes into training camp it is going to become a problem. Moss has also had injuries each of the last three years and a lot of them are some that can be attributed to conditioning. I wonder if Moss dogging it in the past may be affecting his ability to stay healthy. Maybe, maybe not. But Moss hasn't been a dominant player in three years and maybe what he has done in the past isn't working now that he is getting up there in age.

Making excuses for the guy only goes so far. First, his effort problems was he was playing for a horrible team. Now it is he is working at his own pace. At some point if he continues to dog it, people have to accept the facts that Moss is just lazy in practice.
you have valid points come the season if hes dogging it id hope belicheck would cut him, but its june

That any Patriot fan would give credence to Felger's decidedly negative spin verifies that there is a sucker born every minute. Do you have to be reminded who Felger is?

Felger has cozied up to Ron Borges, and continues to openly defend Borges' plagiarism as "not a big deal".

Felger has defended sensationalism, exaggeration and misrepresentation of sports information to the public by saying: "It's just football! Who cares?"

Felger continues to allude to the possibility that Brady has used steroids.

Felger continually referred to the Krafts as "cheap".

Felger swore that if the Pats beat SD in the playoffs, he would never again refer to the Deion Branch trade as a mistake. The Pats beat SD, and yet he continues to do so, as one would expect from a liar.

Felger regularly trashed Dillon, and predicted his acquisition would amount to disaster. Oops.

Before the 2007 draft, Felger (a Packer fan) breathlessly broke the story, supposedly from a Green Bay Packer insider, that Randy Moss would be traded to GB for a package which included injured QB Aaron Rodgers. He was widely ridiculed on the national scene, but attempted to display spine by "sticking with his story". His buffonery became all the more obvious when BB exposed him for a hack by acquiring Moss, under Felger's very nose. The Moss trade demonstrated to any national editors who might have been intrigued by his girlish figure that the ambitious Felger (a) can't even cover his home turf and (b) is out of his league as a national reporter. It was a very embarrassing come-uppance for this upwardly mobile Farrah Fawcett clone. IMO Felger's resentment over the trade, and subsequent skewering of Moss, stems from this humiliation, and the fact that the Packers, the team for which Felger openly roots, were deprived of Moss' skills.
well said never trust a guy who crosses his legs like a female and likes to go to the tanning booth and turns his collar up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Back