A KFFL summation of his Sunday article. Nothing new but the sense remains that things are not progressing. If Felger is right I guess we will have some confirmation in two weeks when the veteran mini camp opens. Patriots | Branch negotiations have not progressed Sun, 28 May 2006 07:23:34 -0700 Michael Felger, of the Boston Herald, reports there is nothing new concerning the negotiations between the New England Patriots and Patriots' WR Deion Branch regarding a contract extension. The team's mandatory camp this year comes June 12-14, and there is curiosity in Patriot circles over whether Branch will skip it or not. Branch, who has one year to run on his rookie deal, said last month that "my job is to finish my (current) contract." His agent, Jason Chayut, refused comment last week. There's no doubt Branch wants to be paid like a true No. 1 receiver. Branch will admit he can be neutralized by double-teams. At 5-foot-9, 190 pounds, Branch isn't one of those receivers who a quarterback can just throw the ball to in a pile. Players such as WRs Terrell Owens, Randy Moss and Chad Johnson have proven they can beat any coverage anywhere on the field. Those are true No. 1s. Most observers agree that Branch, who has never been to a Pro Bowl, is a "second-tier No. 1." According to one source, Branch has told friends he's looking for bonus/guaranteed money in the range of $12 million, while the Patriots are telling Chayut they aren't responsible for how other teams pay for their players.