Welcome to PatsFans.com

Felger & Mazz call out Tim Thomas for not going to the White House.

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by cupofjoe1962, Jan 23, 2012.

1. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

Tim Thomas did not go to the White House with the rest of the Bruins for
    political reasons.

Today Felger and Mazz called him a douche for not going.

I do not remember them calling out Theo Epstien for not going to the
    White House when the Sox won the World Series.

Theo represented managment for the Red Sox orginization.
    Tim Thomas is just a player (a great player), but a player.
  2. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

Heard this earlier in the day, my reaction is now as it was then, who cares, why is this news??

People in America have choices, also Felger and Mazz did not have their own show when the RS won.. so raisins and grapefruit comparison.
  3. Titus Pullo

Titus Pullo Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Felger's an over dramatic clown.

But on either side: Who cares?
  4. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

The last time the Sox visited the White House was February 2008.
    Felger was a regular on WEEI for years prior to July 2008.

In July 2008, he got his own show on ESPN radio 890.
    The show only lasted a couple of years.

When they talked about Thomas, they should have mentioned
    boy blunder Theo. Having management snob the White House is far
    more of a statement than a player.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  5. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

The point is no one gives a flying f..ck, sometimes there just is no big issue even though you want there to be one.. who cares. Tim Thomas can do whatever he wants to do, Felger can say what he wants to say... we do not have to listen. Every time you bring him up, you give Felger more credibility, that is the last thing he needs.

No big deal, look around at all of the issues going on this is minute to say the most...

The rights effort to play the victim does not work, it makes them look like absolute idiots..
  6. cupofjoe1962

cupofjoe1962 Rookie

Ratings:
    +30 / 12 / -2

Maybe your right..... then again.... your the last guy who should be posting
    about irrelevant threads.

Your mose recent thread was about what Newts Wife had to say.
    http://www.patsfans.com/new-england...ts-wife-second-one-gonna-do-some-talking.html

Who gives a rats arse...... He wanted an open marriage......
    Is an unfaithful politician still considered news in todays world?

I am sure you did not see a problem with the commander and chief getting a Lewinsky in the oval office?
  7. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

If Thomas really wanted to make a statement, he should have gone and shared his thoughts with the President of the United States in a civil and articulate manner. That would have been impressive. Him not going, shows pettiness and lacks of leadership. Not impressed.
  8. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +478 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Very disappointed that Tim chose a wonderful team event to share his ultra libertarian views. This was a horrible decision and I am sure many of his team mates are not to happy about it. This is an American tradition and has nothing to do with supporting the current President ... it has everything to do with supporting the office of the President, country and your team.

As good as he has been for the team I think the only way forward at some point is for him to be traded and he will be. I also think he has not been happy about his reduced playing time and perhaps this was his way of getting out of town to be the real #1 on another team.

Up your azz Tim - hockey is all about T for Team and not T for Tim.
  9. Real World

Real World Moderator Staff Member

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Personally, I would have gone regardless of whether or not I supported the president. I think you respect the office, more so than the man holding it. That being said, the individual has the right to do whatever it is he or she wants to. That's the beauty of living here. Some people in good conscience simply can't do something they don't believe in. To each their own.
  10. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

I'm sorry but that's just absurd. The guy won the Vezina and Conn Smythe last year. You think he skipped out on this because he wants out of town, or is unhappy about playing time? :rolleyes:
  11. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

A hockey player noot attending a function at the White House is much different than a thread about the moral character of a presidential candidate...

FYI I had major problems with Clinton, Edwards and anyone who wants to lead this country and is a whore monger..

Thanks for trying to change the subject though..
  12. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +478 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Thomas’s absence left Bruins shorthanded - The Boston Globe

13. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Our current president brings out the worse in a lot of people, Bush did the same thing.
  14. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

While I think this is much a do about nothing, people are certainly taking this event and running with it.

Last time I checked, this is America. A person is free to express themselves as they seem fit as long as that expression doesn't impact the rights of another. If Tank couldn't go meet the president for his own reasons, so be it, certainly doesn't change my view of him.

That being said, did anyone see the tweet from Dave Hodge of TSN?

TSNDaveHodge Dave Hodge - TSN
    Don't know if it's fair to point this out, but Tim Thomas has three children named Kiley, Kelsey and Keegan.

So Tank doesn't go to meet the Pres, and his children have three names that start with K, and that somehow = he is a Racist, Republican Klansmen???

Holy deductive reasoning Batman.

UPDATE: Where was this "outrage" when Theo Epstein not once, but twice, didnt attend the White House Photo Op with King George?

There was no issue then and there shouldnt be one now.
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  15. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

Harry Likes This

I can't believe how upset the left wing liberals get over Newt being a Politician Whore Monger after all the garbage and women abusing sh!t this cointry went through with those sleezy scumbag Kennedys and the other dirty bastard Clinton getting blow jobs in America's Oval Office from the little slut that emptied his waste basket, The President Of The United States sitting behind The Oval Office Desk with his fly open while the little whore serviced him, Old Newt Could Never Top That One.
  16. Harry Boy

Ratings:
    +303 / 1 / -9

The liberals all say "who cares" if Bush were in the White House they would already be planning to make a movie about this guy Thomas as one of America's greatest "freedom heros"

Kudos to Thomas he stood up for what he believed in and he doesn't give a sh!t who likes it.
  17. Drewski

Drewski Rookie

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -1

No Jersey Selected

You realize that you can love your country while at the same time "hate" your government?

When I look at Olympians, I don't think they are playing for the President (aka the Government). They are playing for you and me (their country), their families and themselves.
  18. fair catch fryar

fair catch fryar Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 0 / -0

No Jersey Selected

I could give 2 sh!ts about Obama or who is president, they're all bought and paid for in my book, but I do care about the bruins and seeing them repeat. This brings a lot negative and unneeded attention on the B's as a team. Thomas is suppose to be a leader and this was a pi$$ poor example by him. Keep your personal sh!t exactly that....personal. He is being paid by his employer and part of that is to represent the Bruins. Put on your big boy panties and go to the celebration.
  19. Real World

Ratings:
    +249 / 3 / -2

Wow, Kevin Paul Dupont is an utter moron. Apparently to him, disliking the political environment in this country, or what goes on in DC, means an individual shouldn't still love, or represent, his or her country. What a moron.

The entire point for some who protest washington politics, IS their genuine love for their country. I can't believe how stupid KPD sounds.
  20. DarrylS

Ratings:
    +151 / 3 / -19

One thing for sure is that Felger and Mazz will be milking the crap out of this for 4 hours today, and there will be many who will be enchanted by this whole situation and compelled to comment. And they will be praised for their bold comments on this situation...

Felger is like temper tantruming child, they are best ignored.. or he will tantrum at any opportunity.